Page 79 of 149 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 3703
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Hmmm… as an M102 shredder that makes me wonder if I need a longer tail with more rocker.

The short answer is that I have never questioned my M102 tail. The long answer is I am likely naive.

Why are those few cm’s behind the foot?

On paper it lends to more stopping power— more of an ability to shut down speed.

Two different skis. But this is a fun chat.
    I am not saying to you are saying that there is, but there is very little to no overlap between how MF108s (and I suspect MF99s) and M102 skis. Sure, MFs are longer, but so are the rocker zones as well as the flex profiles being completely different (MFs are def rounder in the tips ta. Hell, the constructions do not really feel similar either.

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    Did notice that the 185cm version actually tape measures the same as the 182cm MFree 108 at 181.5cm. So no longer length for the 192cm MFree 108 fans.
    man, sometime one just have to hate marketing departments. Why is it so freaking hard to just describe the length of skis in a way that is consistent across brands and models.

that being said, 182 MFree 99s became a bit more interesting all of a sudden, even if SkiEssentials describes certain characteristics of the MF99 pretty similarly to how I found my MF108s (the part about pushing through the flex in the shovels - see video below). I am not saying that it is good or bad necessarily, just more of a "this is what I sometimes feel when skiing them".

Quote Originally Posted by Blister
    Once again, there’s a very strong family resemblance between the M-Free skis when it comes to flex pattern. The M-Free 99’s flex pattern feels almost identical to that of the M-Free 108. Both skis have tips and tails that are a bit on the stiffer end, especially for playful skis.
    Hm, this makes me wonder if my pair is on the softer side of things as I do not find this description to fit very well, or at all. The tips / tails on my pair are rather soft.

Are you on the 182 or 192?

182s, so a different beast than 192s seemingly

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    182s, so a different beast than 192s seemingly
    Yes. I have both, and 182 is a lot softer.

yeah, no doubt.

Just to be clear, I still think that the 182 version is one best skis to have been released in this segment in a long while, even if I personally think it is a bit of roundness flex pattern wise away from perfection. It is still a great ski.

Then again I can also totally understand why you mags in the 192 crew are a bit more ecstatic about your skis than I am with my 182 pair. That added stiffness probably transform something very good into something great

I am also not 100% sold on the construction. I would love to know how the flex pattern changes with lower temps too (based on measurements, not guestimates), as well as see a an analysis depicting the ski's torsional stiffness (that euro database that I have been unable to log onto). I guess I should try to fix the login.

Just did some garage cleanup, and I’ve still got a pair of 194 XXLs and I’ve found three 15-DIN heels.

Plus I’ve got a full set of Race 155s.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Well TAFKALVS talked me into ordering some new M-pros.
    Hope these are the replacement for my mo'ships that i've been looking for. I know they're heavy, but moships are like 2x4s filled with lead on your feet.
    From the talks they're not as insane as everyone makes them sound. Looking forward to something chargy that wont fold under my big ass.
    Haven't found the right mid waist daily crusher to replace them after trying a few things.
    Anyone have a rec'd mount point for them? Reading through i've seen a few different suggestions and curious what people ended up happy at on the pros.

Next on my shopping list is still some SGs for pow days and i think i'll have my quiver for the winter.
    Going to run P15/18s on them with CAST2.0 most likely since i have the parts.

The Dynastar Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post

Anyone have a rec'd mount point for them?
    M-pro 105 I assume?

The manufacturer has a recommendation. Use it.

I think you’ll dig them.

Hope these are the replacement for my mo'ships that i've been looking for. I know they're heavy, but moships are like 2x4s filled with lead on your feet.
    From the talks they're not as insane as everyone makes them sound. Looking forward to something chargy that wont fold under my big ass.
    Haven't found the right mid waist daily crusher to replace them after trying a few things.
    Anyone have a rec'd mount point for them? Reading through i've seen a few different suggestions and curious what people ended up happy at on the pros.

Next on my shopping list is still some SGs for pow days and i think i'll have my quiver for the winter.
    I wouldn't go past +1, and even then probably only +1 if you know for sure you like that on directional skis.

What's your weight & height? And which size and model m-pro did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    M-pro 105 I assume?

The manufacturer has a recommendation. Use it.

I think you’ll dig them.
    That's what I was planning to do, just curious on consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    I wouldn't go past +1, and even then probably only +1 if you know for sure you like that on directional skis.

What's your weight & height? And which size and model m-pro did you get?
    6'6", 220-240lb depending on time of year.
    Got the M-Pro Pro Riders, 1 size only, 192.
    Will prob go on the line unless anyone thinks otherwise. Still have a while before they get here anyway.

Zee line. Or even -1. I'm 6'1 185, and I've skied the 190 LPR and Cham at 0 or +1 in the past.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I ski them on the line with zero regrets.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

On ze line.

The line is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Just did some garage cleanup, and I’ve still got a pair of 194 XXLs and I’ve found three 15-DIN heels.

Plus I’ve got a full set of Race 155s.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2317.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	924.9 KB 
ID:	385759

Name:	IMG_2316.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	385760

Looks like it’s 2 155s, and one 120.

-Death

Kaz is my co-pilot

Name:	IMG_2317.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	924.9 KB 
ID:	385759

Name:	IMG_2316.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	385760

Looks like it’s 2 155s, and one 120.

I have never understood total removal of ski binding screws - particularly Pivot base plate screws.

Generally speaking, bindings ship from the manufacturer with screws partially installed. The only exception I can think of is the heal track base screws for STH2 and Jester style bindings.

Please enlighten me. Do shop techs elsewhere prefer to take in bindings void of screws and then be presented with a ziploc (or even better - plastic grocery) bag full of miscellaneous screws?

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    I have never understood total removal of ski binding screws - particularly Pivot base plate screws.

Generally speaking, bindings ship from the manufacturer with screws partially installed. The only exception I can think of is the heal track base screws for STH2 and Jester style bindings.

Please enlighten me. Do shop techs elsewhere prefer to take in bindings void of screws and then be presented with a ziploc (or even better - plastic grocery) bag full of miscellaneous screws?
    no, in fact we have considered charging more for what we call "shopping bag mounts" as there are never the right amount or right length of screws in the bag
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Yup. $5 extra for bag o' binders (not really, but we've considered it for decades, like wax man said). But we do charge extra if we have to dig around in the screw bin for screws.

The Dynastar Thread

I’ll be watching for your assessment, if I don’t end up getting a pair soon myself. Edit: aw shet. You said m-pro, but I read m-free.

I bagged the screws so I wouldn’t lose them.

-Death

Kaz is my co-pilot

I bagged the screws so I wouldn’t lose them.

Totally. The ski techs in here are saying that’s a bad idea.
    Last edited by One (+) Sentence; 09-18-2021 at 09:03 PM.

Was at lone Pine today. There’s a pair of m free 118’s in the shop

I rip the groomed on tele gear

The Dynastar Thread

Last edited by lucknau; 09-19-2021 at 12:14 PM.

I've found that the older world cup baseplates can wear out a bit and won't retain screws as well as new pivot baseplates. The back two screws are usually fine because they are held in by the half moon, spring, and afd, but those front two screws can be prone to falling out. Imo it'd be best to pull those two and bag them but I also dont bring my skis in to be mounted by a ski tech