Page 72 of 149 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 3703
    I'm just gonna leave this here

That new black pro rider just looks dope as fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Name:  2644AFD7-7F68-4750-8AFA-12ABB76D5BD1.jpeg
Views: 1068
Size:  76.8 KB

That blister dude has a very punchable demeanor.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Name:  2644AFD7-7F68-4750-8AFA-12ABB76D5BD1.jpeg
Views: 1068
Size:  76.8 KB
    THANK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    That blister dude has a very punchable demeanor.
    A condescending Bill Burr vibe.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Updated Legend Pro Rider?! Fuck ya. I'm buying

If it gets just slightly looser it'd be $$. I would definitely pay retail for something looser, yet with more stability due to modern tech, and maybe slightly more width. Even maybe lighter with modern tech, but not under 2400g/ski.

Nothing else like this beast currently, although the recent Monster 108s were the better ski for me. The monster could still be improved apon, I will buy Dynastar's next modern big ski.

I want to write a full review of the Pro Rider, but I know no one cares and also it's one of the more confusing skis for me. I love it, but it's confusing. It's kind of floppy to be honest, er well my 2020 version is. But it's also supremely stable. It's got a weird floppy, but heavy feel that I love. I can't wait to ski it in powder. Everyone hated on the Monster 108 in pow, but I liked it, and I think this will do better for carving heavy fresh.

I’ve skied my LPs in 5-10” of slightly heavy powder, and they were superb. This was wide open spaces, mind you.

They definitely like wide open and less bumped. These are the most "down the fall line" skis I've ever ridden, although mine probably need a tune.

Something about them, maybe the flex and the tip shape, seems like they'd do almost better(?) in powder for their width and design.

Like at 10 seconds into this video..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUXU...naDiuF&index=1

If those are even the same skis..

At speed, these things do well in a lot but big bumps, but I haven't got them into untracked or consolidated windblown or anything like that
    Last edited by AEV; 06-09-2021 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    They definitely like wide open and less bumped. These are the most "down the fall line" skis I've ever ridden, although mine probably need a tune.

Something about them, maybe the flex and the tip shape, seems like they'd do almost better(?) in powder for their width and design.

Like at 10 seconds into this video..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUXU...naDiuF&index=1

If those are even the same skis..

At speed, these things do well in a lot but big bumps, but I haven't got them into untracked or consolidated windblown or anything like that
    Dude you might be on to something. At 0:24 in that video, those tips do not look at all like LP105.

Watchasay?

Name:  notlp105.jpg
Views: 898
Size:  56.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Pretty interesting to see the evolution of where it ended. IMO they did nail it and successfully helped rebrand Dynastar back into the progressive freeride market.

I think if they did the 118 as the full white/cherry tree graphic it would have appealed to a larger market. And the M-Pro 105 with the black/wood graphic would have stayed in line with the blood of the Prorider.

Nevertheless, I think Parliament and Dynastar did a stellar job last season. It'll be interesting to see how many younger people will get back on Dynastar.

Name:  IMG_20210630_193208.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  17.4 KBName:  IMG_20210630_193322.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  14.7 KB

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Yo those graphics are fkn fire

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dynastar_progressive_rd_1.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	338.7 KB 
ID:	378425

Tossing here for the big D crowd:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...LP-as-a-carver

Aev, you want an mfree108, not a wildcat or a woodsman.

I want an updated Pro Rider, that's almost the same just looser in moguls, and with a slightly stiffer flex in between the binding toe and 40cm back from the tip.

Older Cham 107 and Q Labs look fun.

Looking at current Cochise 106, Volkl Katana 108, and some others.

Dude, get a mogul or a park ski. Burly GS skis are burly in moguls.

The mfree 108 is decent in bumps because it’s super loose. It’s also fun to ski big fast turns on that ski. It’s great in pow too!

None of the skis you just listed hold a candle to it as a 1 ski quiver, and I’ve skied all of them. Even Reine spent a lot of the year on the MF108 from what I saw on FWT and the gram.

Or detune a pro rider and slarve like a MF’er.

I definitely need to tune my Pro Riders. They are so locked in, it almost seems like it's not normal. Like a 50m radius. But it doesn't seem like they are base or edge high. Just how a few of them came out unfinished from a few years ago, and they are a bit "stuck". I still really enjoy them, they ski great, I just have to pick them up or be in the air to turn them, like an old school straight ski.. That's pretty tiring in moguls, and in any big or weird bumps they are "End Leg"s.. If the tuning makes them looser, I'll be in love.

Is there no grey area in between comp and loose anymore? I daily drove Cochise and the heavy Katana 112s for a couple years, they could charge hard and mogul, but they were full reverse camber.

The new neutered Cochise 106 seems like it. Slightly toned down comp ski that can pick through big moguls easily.

K, how do the MFree108 compare to those old Wren 108s I sold you?

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Aev, you want an mfree108, not a wildcat or a woodsman.
    Ya know…he’s right. That 192 MF108 is an amazingly versatile ski, especially if you already have a LP105 in the quiver.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I missed out on them for $379 this spring from sports basement. Pretty pissed about that one, it should have been a no brainer. That and Cochise 106 on sale would have been almost the same price and one of them now at fully.

At retail price, or anywhere close to that, I need to demo them first.

I'm going to demo a bunch of stuff this year, and they are definitely high on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post
    I missed out on them for $379 this spring from sports basement. Pretty pissed about that one, it should have been a no brainer. That and Cochise 106 on sale would have been almost the same price and one of them now at fully.

At retail price, or anywhere close to that, I need to demo them first.

I'm going to demo a bunch of stuff this year, and they are definitely high on the list.
    I'm sure there's some folks on this thread that can help you get some for below retail. $379 is a pretty insane deal.

Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post
    I definitely need to tune my Pro Riders. They are so locked in, it almost seems like it's not normal. Like a 50m radius. But it doesn't seem like they are base or edge high. Just how a few of them came out unfinished from a few years ago, and they are a bit "stuck". I still really enjoy them, they ski great, I just have to pick them up or be in the air to turn them, like an old school straight ski.. That's pretty tiring in moguls, and in any big or weird bumps they are "End Leg"s.. If the tuning makes them looser, I'll be in love.

Is there no grey area in between comp and loose anymore? I daily drove Cochise and the heavy Katana 112s for a couple years, they could charge hard and mogul, but they were full reverse camber.

The new neutered Cochise 106 seems like it. Slightly toned down comp ski that can pick through big moguls easily.

K, how do the MFree108 compare to those old Wren 108s I sold you?
    Night and day. MF108 is hands down my preference in all conditions except balls out huge turns in chunk, but I have a pair of pro riders that are way better for that kind of skiing. I skied the wrens one day since I got on the MF108 and promptly sold them, and I liked that ski a lot. I held onto them for nearly a year.

I’ve said this before, but the MF108 is the ski I was hoping the woodsman would be. It is as close to “the gray area” as I’ve found.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

I’ve said this before, but the MF108 is the ski I was hoping the woodsman would be. It is as close to “the gray area” as I’ve found.
    another voice on the shoulder, but: i bet the updates to the woodsman will get them much closer to that mark. maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Ya know…he’s right. That 192 MF108 is an amazingly versatile ski, especially if you already have a LP105 in the quiver.
    Yup. The LP105 is one of my favorite skis evar but I rode my MF108 a lot more last season. The MF108 is just so damn versatile. It really is a great ski.

I was planning to pick up a pair of 192 108s to replace my 108 Wrens last year. Wanted something slightly more easy going.

When I handflexed them I was sort of put of by their stiffness (relative to my expectations). Did not seem very easy going, especially in combination with the camber. They felt stiffer than my Wrens, which contradicts every review I've read, all comments here, and the ski flex rating on FriFlyt.

I guess the question is; do they soften up after a few days, or do they "ski softer" than their hand flex suggest? Or did the pair I handled have some weird factory fuck-up going on?