Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80
Results 1,976 to 1,978 of 1978
    Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    I have never understood total removal of ski binding screws - particularly Pivot base plate screws.

Generally speaking, bindings ship from the manufacturer with screws partially installed. The only exception I can think of is the heal track base screws for STH2 and Jester style bindings.

Please enlighten me. Do shop techs elsewhere prefer to take in bindings void of screws and then be presented with a ziploc (or even better - plastic grocery) bag full of miscellaneous screws?
    I've found that the older world cup baseplates can wear out a bit and won't retain screws as well as new pivot baseplates. The back two screws are usually fine because they are held in by the half moon, spring, and afd, but those front two screws can be prone to falling out. Imo it'd be best to pull those two and bag them but I also dont bring my skis in to be mounted by a ski tech

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    I have never understood total removal of ski binding screws - particularly Pivot base plate screws.

Generally speaking, bindings ship from the manufacturer with screws partially installed. The only exception I can think of is the heal track base screws for STH2 and Jester style bindings.

Please enlighten me. Do shop techs elsewhere prefer to take in bindings void of screws and then be presented with a ziploc (or even better - plastic grocery) bag full of miscellaneous screws?
    The fact that the binding itself holds the screw is a design flaw that was probably put in place solely to avoid losing the fasteners.

I drill my bindings out to wider than the thread before I mount. Reduces the chance of cross threading a hole.

And perhaps some people come in with the wrong fasteners but having them in a bag doesn't necessarily mean they aren't the right ones.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    -I drill my bindings out to wider than the thread before I mount. Reduces the chance of cross threading a hole.

-And perhaps some people come in with the wrong fasteners but having them in a bag doesn't necessarily mean they aren't the right ones.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    -Whoa.

-Im sure you can keep track of your fasteners. And it would seem most others would be able to also, but Grocery bags full of random screws and AFDs is a very real thing. Or omitted plates because I just wanna run em flat.