Page 67 of 149 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 3712
    Ya the 4x4 Powertrac was 186/192.
    And ‘02 for the orange/sage Intuitiv Big sounds right.

This is reminding me of some skis I need to hunt down...192 Powertracs, 194 Arnos and LVS’ 207 chicken hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    Ya the 4x4 Powertrac was 186/192.
    And ‘02 for the orange/sage Intuitiv Big sounds right.

This is reminding me of some skis I need to hunt down...192 Powertracs, 194 Arnos and LVS’ 207 chicken hearts.
    I have a pair of 192 powertrac I might sell if you're really interested.

I don’t think they’re worth the cost of cross border shipping. If you ever want to rehome the 207s though....

Anyone know where a guy can demo some m-free 108's (192cm) in the whistler area?

Quote Originally Posted by SHREDHOUND View Post
    Anyone know where a guy can demo some m-free 108's (192cm) in the whistler area?
    You can’t

Good interview with Reine Barkered in Aka Skidor. Hinted in the last paragraph that he should have been on LPs. (It's in Swedish, and will probably suffer from google translate garbling.)

https://www.akaskidor.se/artiklar/ar...-ak-i-verbier/

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    You can’t
    Well that's a sick joke, an yet everyone and their dog stocks black crows...

Well that's a sick joke, an yet everyone and their dog stocks black crows...
    Pretty quick Google and it looks like premium mountain rental has dynastar and might even have some of their demo fleet for sale if you liked it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rat6587 View Post
    Pretty quick Google and it looks like premium mountain rental has dynastar and might even have some of their demo fleet for sale if you liked it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Only have the 118 and they sold off their fleets starting weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    I don’t think they’re worth the cost of cross border shipping. If you ever want to rehome the 207s though....
    They're cold dead hands skis 😁

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    i don’t think i have a powder ski anymore, total fanboi
    Not ready to go that far, but for a lightweight they could be quiver killers

In other news spring has sprung

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1616881670.050933.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	226.6 KB 
ID:	369346

Schwing!

come to Fernie we'll show you some love
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    They're cold dead hands skis 😁
    Name:  noell.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  18.5 KB
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

Wow! The MF108 is really a good one. On hardpack, M102 and K108 are still better but MF108 is not that far away. The radius wizardry makes the Völkls really fun carvers because the turn shape can be easily varied to one’s liking. MF108 behaves more traditionally and likes medium to large turns, though scrubbing speed in any situation is no problem at all. The Völkls have also noticeably better suspension and they mute the terrain more so the subjective speed comfort zone might have a higher limit. In softer conditions the MF108 is the better freeride ski than K108 IMO - very responsive, more playful and with enough backbone to inspire confidence in every situation. The 192 skis short but overall this length suits me better than the 184 in ze Völkls.
    In a no new snow scenario where lots of shitty hard snow have to be managed, I still prefer my M102 in 184.
    I‘ll most likely keep the M102 and sell the K108. The MF108 will take the place of a do it all ski for softer conditions. For powder days I still have the R11 192.
    BTW, could it be that the factory tune on MF108 is kinda funky? The edges feel really grabby on icy snow.

I thought the tune was remarkably good from the factory. I took a file to the tips and tails, rounding the edges on the non contact area when de cambered. I do this on all skis. I haven’t noticed any grabbiness on firm groomers or anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    BTW, could it be that the factory tune on MF108 is kinda funky? The edges feel really grabby on icy snow.
    If you're looking for a looser feel, a couple light passes with a gummy might be in order. So far I've yet to hear or see any major tune issues, but they do come sharp from the factory. I like a really loose feel, so I slightly detuned mine with a gummy. Not an "indy ski need to use a mill file to round the edges down oblivion" tip to tail sharp though.

Could always ski them a few more days, might just be your brain and muscles learning the shape, compared to the Volkls.

I now have a hard time wanting to ski on anything else honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    If you're looking for a looser feel, a couple light passes with a gummy might be in order. So far I've yet to hear or see any major tune issues, but they do come sharp from the factory. I like a really loose feel, so I slightly detuned mine with a gummy. Not an "indy ski need to use a mill file to round the edges down oblivion" tip to tail sharp though.

Could always ski them a few more days, might just be your brain and muscles learning the shape, compared to the Volkls.

I now have a hard time wanting to ski on anything else honestly.
    Yeah, I feel this way after three days on them. I did round the edges on the tips and tails to the cambered portion before I skied them, but I always do. I haven’t noticed grabbiness on the ice I’ve encountered, great edge hold.

I might let the icy shit around here detune the ski in the next couple days...
    And I agree, could I just take one ski to the Alps it would be right now the MF108 mounted with CAST or Marker Duke PT.

A mag (on K2), following a mag on Mfree108s.

A mag (on K2), following a mag on Mfree108s.

If that’s mofro on 108s that’s not really relevant

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

Fair point, he likely would shred just as hard on snowblades.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

Your Mfree108 official Fanboi card should be in the mail.

Yeah this ski keeps me grinning still with 50ish days on them.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Really like the M-Free 108. Mounted on the line and mank/windbuff/corn performance is great. Took one run to figure out balance point and them BAM!
    6'-1", 165lbs on the 182. Didn't feel too short (although the tips "look" too short when starting down at them). Haven't had them in pow, but these are now the everyday ski for me.

I think we should put all the Moment WC108 and Dynastar M-Free 108 fan boi's in a cage and let them have a discussion. Interested to hear the comparison. All you M-Free guys are going to have enough hair on you palms by the end of the season that you'll never need another pair of gloves.

Still want somebody to chime in on the fucking M-Tour. The season is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    I think we should put all the Moment WC108 and Dynastar M-Free 108 fan boi's in a cage and let them have a discussion. Interested to hear the comparison. All you M-Free guys are going to have enough hair on you palms by the end of the season that you'll never need another pair of gloves.

Still want somebody to chime in on the fucking M-Tour. The season is here.
    WC108 has been on my list to try for a while. It was actually a big consideration for me instead of the MF108. I think we'd get along pretty well inside a cage =D

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk