Page 40 of 149 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 3703
    The 192 skis short for the size — don’t be scerrrd

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    The 192 skis short for the size — don’t be scerrrd

I did like the 192cm and didn’t feel too long except when compared to the 182cm which were AWESOME in soft moguls. A “middle” ski between stability of the 192cm and pivoting ability of the 182cm would be perfect for me. The 182cm I found even more fun in bumps than my Enforcer 104s which are already a blast there.

The 192cm reminded me of my 187cm Menance 98 but with updated tips that passed over crud WAY better than the 98 does.

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    Correct and deals to be had on last years Menace Pro still.

Corbetts still has stock and price in Canadian $

https://www.corbetts.com/2020-dynastar-menace-proto-f-team-skis/
    Cool thanks. I thought I read something about there being 2 versions of that 118 with slightly different names - one more burly and one more relaxed. Maybe that was the season prior?

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Cool thanks. I thought I read something about there being 2 versions of that 118 with slightly different names - one more burly and one more relaxed. Maybe that was the season prior?
    The original gray-topsheet Proto was quite a bit more ski than the "menace" and m-free version.

Did Dynastar ever make a wider version of the menace 98 (slicer)?

I was always intrigued by what a 112-118mm wide variant would ski like.

Sixth Sense Huge / Huge Trouble.
    115mm wise, Heavy, stiff underfoot, 32m sidecut, light tip rocker, came in a 185cm option as well as others I can’t remember.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Sixth Sense Huge / Huge Trouble.
    115mm wise, Heavy, stiff underfoot, 32m sidecut, light tip rocker, came in a 185cm option as well as others I can’t remember.
    Wow. They are a little short, so doesn’t exactly live up to the name, but those look great. I love/miss these types of skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post

There’s the m-free 118 and m-free 108. 118 comes in a 189cm and the 108 comes in a 192cm. There are some reviews on this thread of the 108 and the 118 has its own thread I believe. It might be under proto 118 or something, the name has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by poleplant View Post
    There’s the m-free 118 and m-free 108. 118 comes in a 189cm and the 108 comes in a 192cm. There are some reviews on this thread of the 108 and the 118 has its own thread I believe. It might be under proto 118 or something, the name has changed.

I meant the slicer shape, as in very little taper. Not a fan of many tapered skis in Sierra snow for some reason, except for Powderboards and Billy Goats.

The Dynastar Thread

I meant the slicer shape, as in very little taper. Not a fan of many tapered skis in Sierra snow for some reason, except for Powderboards and Billy Goats.
    You sound like a good candidate for the pescado

That is bizarre considering skis with taper ski a lot better in maritime snow pack, less prone to hook or hang up and don’t need as much tip surface area to plane up.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    That is bizarre considering skis with taper ski a lot better in maritime snow pack, less prone to hook or hang up and don’t need as much tip surface area to plane up.
    This ^.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I shouldn’t say all tapered skis I guess, some tapered skis have worked for me quite well. And I don’t mean semi soft Sierra snow, I mean the chunky, crusty stuff. I do like tapered skis in blower. it’s bizarre when you read all that online how tapered skis are better in thick snow, but I know I’m not the only one. A few of my friends say the same thing, however the majority of people I ask prefer taper. I thought Leavenworth Skier was saying something about how the Protos weren’t that great in thick snow, whereas Pro Riders are awesome in that stuff. I feel the same way, and I was attributing that to the Pro Riders lack of taper, not only the extra weight. I think I also read auvgeek say something about it in some old thread I was digging around in the other day. I could be mistaken though, it’s confusing trying remember what people said around here.

On paper, the Praxis Quixote and GPO should have been better in Sierra cement cuz of all that taper and other good stuff, but I hands down preferred the more old fashioned Rx over the either of them in heavy, chunky or crusty stuff. I especially prefer full reverse camber skis, like a Katana, over heavily tapered skis. Katanas are almost as good as Billy Goats in deep chunk, and barely have any taper.

I do like extremely early tapered skis, like On3p RES or Armada ARG, that’s my favorite. But anything in between that and straight, I don’t normally like and must demo before buying.

There are two factors I think causing this for me. What it feels like to me, is skis with a longer effective edge bite into inconsistent snow better for me. I stole that from Blister review, which is weird, because I’ve also seen them say how tapered skis are much better deep thick. The other factor is when the widest point is further back from the tip, but not close to underfoot, I feel the ski catch weird snow at that wide section. I never feel this when the widest point is closer to the tip, or closer to underfoot like ARGs.

Another example, I very much prefer Wildcats in deep chunk, over Ghost Train/Night Train. Donner Parties were the best though.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado

https://lonepinegearx.com/collection...-look-pivot-14

a hot mess of confusion and contradiction
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    FIFY
    haha sorry for the long winded response. I felt the need to explain that one in detail.

It's not the taper on the OG proto. It's the insane stiff flex pattern meant for richard permin.

The production version of the ski doesn't have the same issues. (Mfree 118)

The pro rider doesn't need taper, it's basically straight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    It's not the taper on the OG proto. It's the insane stiff flex pattern meant for richard permin.

The production version of the ski doesn't have the same issues. (Mfree 118)

The pro rider doesn't need taper, it's basically straight.
    I love planks in Sierra cement. 191 Monster 108 for example.

what is better in inconsistent chunky snow, Pro Riders, or Mfree 118? I love how the PRs ski that stuff, they just nuke through it, no catchy.

PSA 184cm Pro Rider w/ bindings for $40 on Bozeman FB market

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9754044972741/

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    PSA 184cm Pro Rider w/ bindings for $40 on Bozeman FB market

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9754044972741/

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    That’s a hell of a deal. Would buy. 192 is gonna be too long for my rebuilt knee for now.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Is the pro rider the same as the LP105?

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Yup
    Huh. The pro riders like in the link skied much softer than the LP105. Neutered if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Is the pro rider the same as the LP105?

No. The ones pictured are 100mm I believe and not rockered. The generation before the LP 105.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8345.JPG 
Views:	275 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	344352Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8344.JPG 
Views:	265 
Size:	195.3 KB 
ID:	344353

The new P15s look purdy nice on my new Menace 98s.

Also picked up a pair of Menace Proto 118s. Not mounted yet.

Guess I gotta read this thread now.

KC