Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 101 to 111 of 111
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scotlandshire
    Posts
    155
    Hand fucked the mythics and the LP106's in the local shop last night, I thought I was done wanting more skis this year...

    I used to the the AD LP105's in 192 and they were missiles, I just found them a bit too sluggish for my liking though.
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    6,905
    Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    All I can say is these fuckers are heavy. Like carrying a race ski.

    Edit:

    Can someone tell me what is supposed to mark the recommended line?

    Is it that slight rise on the topsheet near the edge?
    Yes.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boulder
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I dunno man, I always want more tip than less. I don't think I've ever purposely moved my bindings forward of the line. Can't help you on that one unfortunately.
    Thanks. Choice is to hang them up or give a try at +2.5. Will report back in a week or two.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tetons
    Posts
    109
    Considering the new LegendX 106 mounted with a pr of Tectons for here in the Jackson/Targhee area as a 70/30 resort/pass setup. Leaning towards the 188s(5'11 ~185lbs). Thoughts??

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    4,372
    Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Considering the new LegendX 106 mounted with a pr of Tectons for here in the Jackson/Targhee area as a 70/30 resort/pass setup. Leaning towards the 188s(5'11 ~185lbs). Thoughts??

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    I'd say the 188 is the way to go, personally. What other skis are you on currently?

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    4,219
    Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Considering the new LegendX 106 mounted with a pr of Tectons for here in the Jackson/Targhee area as a 70/30 resort/pass setup. Leaning towards the 188s(5'11 ~185lbs). Thoughts??

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    You have me by an inch and have you by 10lbs. Personally I would go 188 all day. I like longer skis, 188 is not that long though, so ymmv.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tetons
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I'd say the 188 is the way to go, personally. What other skis are you on currently?
    185 Zero G 108s

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    4,372
    Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    185 Zero G 108s

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    You'll have no problem with the 188 106

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    4,372
    188 X106 mini-review:

    Me: 5' 10" ~200lbs, ski like a PSIA level 47 2nd degree wizard, ski in 130 flex boots that aren't red. Full disclosure: I like Dynastar and somehow got sent these skis for the TGR masses to demo at BBI etc. So I'm not on the take but take my review with a light salt grain.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25182391_10215000017543575_6236487670926435854_o.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	218605
    (legend-ary)

    Other skis I like: 192 LP105, any ski with good edge grip, damp layup and a traditional mount point.
    Don't like lots of tail or centered mounts.

    2 days spent at Mount Baker Ski area. Conditions skid: mid-winter chalk, proto-corn, refrozen, lumpy chair 8 "groomers", recycled old pow, crud. Majority of the time spent lapping Upper Canucks Deluxe to Upper/Lower Honkers.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25130132_10214984826243802_13522543_o.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	218603
    I'm glad everyone at Mount Baker skis powder only.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24958856_10214987242064196_4980179579654401648_o.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	218604
    The skis.

    188cm
    139-106-123
    19m Radius

    Snow feel: Damper than the Cham 107 2.0 with much better edge grip. Real tail rocker makes for an easier slash than any Dynastar I've skied to date. Definitely not an old school LP race feel but they have guts for sure. Although they look similar, these skis are more Legend than Cham. But unlike the old school LP, you don't have to go 40 mph to make these skis feel fun.

    I started out at 0. At this mount point the ski feels super quick edge to edge and while it requires some forward pressure you are rewarded by big lateral movements and a slightly neutral stance. Sometimes in the bumps I would slightly notice the tail. But the tip is plenty supportive for me and I never once felt like I was overpowering the shovels. A tiny bit too quick on the groomers for me. Decided to go -2, just for kicks.

    -2: Probably the best position for pure groomer skiing but the pin tail felt like it was sinking too much in soft stuff and they felt slugish.

    -1: This is the perfect spot for more. almost as quick as on the line, can really push on the tips and the ski feels super balanced. If you're a more traditional skier, I bet this is the spot you'll like.

    Anyways, more later once I get more days on the skis. My 188s have demo bindings on them and I'd love to get the maggot hoard to try them out. I'll be floating between Mission/Stevens/Alpental this winter (+ both BBI), so hit me up if you want to give them a try.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    188 X106 mini-review:

    Me: 5' 10" ~200lbs, ski like a PSIA level 47 2nd degree wizard, ski in 130 flex boots that aren't red. Full disclosure: I like Dynastar and somehow got sent these skis for the TGR masses to demo at BBI etc. So I'm not on the take but take my review with a light salt grain.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25182391_10215000017543575_6236487670926435854_o.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	218605
    (legend-ary)

    Other skis I like: 192 LP105, any ski with good edge grip, damp layup and a traditional mount point.
    Don't like lots of tail or centered mounts.

    2 days spent at Mount Baker Ski area. Conditions skid: mid-winter chalk, proto-corn, refrozen, lumpy chair 8 "groomers", recycled old pow, crud. Majority of the time spent lapping Upper Canucks Deluxe to Upper/Lower Honkers.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25130132_10214984826243802_13522543_o.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	218603
    I'm glad everyone at Mount Baker skis powder only.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24958856_10214987242064196_4980179579654401648_o.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	218604
    The skis.

    188cm
    139-106-123
    19m Radius

    Snow feel: Damper than the Cham 107 2.0 with much better edge grip. Real tail rocker makes for an easier slash than any Dynastar I've skied to date. Definitely not an old school LP race feel but they have guts for sure. Although they look similar, these skis are more Legend than Cham. But unlike the old school LP, you don't have to go 40 mph to make these skis feel fun.

    I started out at 0. At this mount point the ski feels super quick edge to edge and while it requires some forward pressure you are rewarded by big lateral movements and a slightly neutral stance. Sometimes in the bumps I would slightly notice the tail. But the tip is plenty supportive for me and I never once felt like I was overpowering the shovels. A tiny bit too quick on the groomers for me. Decided to go -2, just for kicks.

    -2: Probably the best position for pure groomer skiing but the pin tail felt like it was sinking too much in soft stuff and they felt slugish.

    -1: This is the perfect spot for more. almost as quick as on the line, can really push on the tips and the ski feels super balanced. If you're a more traditional skier, I bet this is the spot you'll like.

    Anyways, more later once I get more days on the skis. My 188s have demo bindings on them and I'd love to get the maggot hoard to try them out. I'll be floating between Mission/Stevens/Alpental this winter (+ both BBI), so hit me up if you want to give them a try.
    Very kewl.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cardiff, CA
    Posts
    133

    The Dynastar Thread

    Shout out to the Candide, and its little brother the Concept, Dynastar's first-gen twin tips. I wasn't able to track down a great picture of them from the interwebs, but the Concepts were the first twins I ever had. I was so stoked on the cow spot base graphics.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dynastar-Candide-180-72-Ds-Lk_001.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	218624Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dynastar-Candide-180-72-Ds-Lk_006.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	173.5 KB 
ID:	218625
    Last edited by burrito; 12-11-2017 at 09:54 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •