Page 91 of 149 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 3712
    The 105 is being replaced. I would suggest picking up a pair (I have an extra set in gear swap!) if you like the ski, as this is probably the last it will be available at retail.

Settled on a mfree 99. Bounced around from ski to ski and the mfree seemed to make the most sense for an ec fun dd. Not a bad deal from corbetts

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Speaking of 105's.. Still looking for a pair of 175's Pro Rider 105's. If anyone knows of a pair for my midget ass sitting around that need a new home let me know!

I had two great soft snow days on my MFree 108s this week. Lots of fun in soft bumps and nuts deep fresh tracks. Thank you all for info.

Yesterday, with no new snow and super cold temps, I grabbed my MPro 90. They were super solid and fast. Good energy and edges. Good at short and long radius turns.

I think I need a 99 offering now. I think my Bonafides are heading down the road. Just don’t know if it will be the Free or the Pro. Probably the Free. Might just have to go full on Dynastar fanboy and swap out every ski in the house.

How are their kids’ GS and Slalom skis? I know the Rossignols are a bit stiff for the younger kid offerings.
    "Let's be careful out there."

have anybody any pics of 22/23 M-Frees? Very curious to see their new graphic.

I hear they’re going to put deciduous trees from japan on them instead of the granite……

Oh yeah, the Mfree 108 skis mid thigh pow waaaay better than it should. Super loose even at low speed then once brought up to mobbing speed they surf crazy well.

The fact that we have next to no snow in New England is making it a little easier to keep waiting for the gold pivots I ordered to come in. But these Mfree's look nice and loose here in my office.

Agree with that. MF108 are quite surfy for their width. On par with a Rustler 11, I‘d say.
    The yellow bases of the MF108 are slow AF on wetish snow. Hard to keep up with buddies on black racing bases on flat groomers. That’s about all what I have to complain about with this ski.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1509.JPG 
Views:	203 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	399815

Two runs on EC hardpack, not enough of a sample size for any feedback yet.

Mounted +2, hope it wasn’t one too many.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    I had two great soft snow days on my MFree 108s this week. Lots of fun in soft bumps and nuts deep fresh tracks. Thank you all for info.

Yesterday, with no new snow and super cold temps, I grabbed my MPro 90. They were super solid and fast. Good energy and edges. Good at short and long radius turns.

I think I need a 99 offering now. I think my Bonafides are heading down the road. Just don’t know if it will be the Free or the Pro. Probably the Free. Might just have to go full on Dynastar fanboy and swap out every ski in the house.

How are their kids’ GS and Slalom skis? I know the Rossignols are a bit stiff for the younger kid offerings.
    My experience with kids race skis puts the Rossi and Dynastar kids SL and GS skis on the soft side. I have a light but strong AF 10 year old on blizzard and an equally strong AF 12 year old on Fischer SL and Head GS/SG.

Blizzards are cheap on skicenter.it

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1509.JPG 
Views:	203 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	399815

Two runs on EC hardpack, not enough of a sample size for any feedback yet.

Mounted +2, hope it wasn’t one too many.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen
    I mounted my 90's on the line and they seem a bit more forward than my 99's but, I haven't measured to be certain. Today was day 3 on the 90's and I have to say, I like them better than my 99's. Man, what a great ski! I'm loving these for groomed or maybe mid-shin pow, although I haven't had the chance on anything that deep yet. Best sample is about 6" over old crud but they really suck it up. Maybe if they're off a bit, I might move the bindings up on the 99's a bit to see how that plays out.

I am on the line too with my 90s.
    "Let's be careful out there."

I'm intrigued by the MFree 108's. I've been thinking of selling my Deathwish's and getting the MFree's. I just never clicked with the Moments.

Can anyone compare the length of the 187cm Menace98/Slicer to something like the OG 186 Legend Pro?
    My ‘186’ Big Troubles feel like snowblades…
    Last edited by gwat; 01-06-2022 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark AT View Post
    I'm intrigued by the MFree 108's. I've been thinking of selling my Deathwish's and getting the MFree's. I just never clicked with the Moments.
    You will not be disappointed picking up the MFrees.

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    Can anyone compare the length of the 187cm Menace98/Slicer to something like the OG 186 Legend Pro?
    My ‘186’ Big Troubles feel like snowblades…
    They’re almost exactly the same dimensions. Mount point and rocker profiles are slightly different. I’ve posted a pic in this thread of them side by side once before. I’ll keep looking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    You will not be disappointed picking up the MFrees.
    So true. For the second day in a row, I started on the Salomon Blanks and switched to the MFree half way through the ski session. I try not to come off as a Dynastar fan boi but every time I ski the MFree108 I think, why don’t I ski this as my daily driver? Such an amazing blend of stability and agility. It just might replace my Katana108 as as my favorite ski in the quiver. (Did I just admit that out loud?)
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    So true. For the second day in a row, I started on the Salomon Blanks and switched to the MFree half way through the ski session. I try not to come off as a Dynastar fan boi but every time I ski the MFree108 I think, why don’t I ski this as my daily driver? Such an amazing blend of stability and agility. It just might replace my Katana108 as as my favorite ski in the quiver. (Did I just admit that out loud?)
    We know what we heard!

every time I ski the MFree108 I think, why don’t I ski this as my daily driver? Such an amazing blend of stability and agility. It just might replace my Katana108 as as my favorite ski in the quiver. (Did I just admit that out loud?)

I’ve been saying it since the Katana-Messiah thread.

Come to the dark side. LOL

The Dynastar Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I’ve been saying it since the Katana-Messiah thread.

Come to the dark side. LOL
    I think my bias for the Katana is that it is more damp than the MFree108 and it mutes out more of the terrain irregularities. That makes my arthritic knee happier. I’ve tried some new treatments this fall and the “more active” ride of the MFree108 hasn’t bothered my knee like it did last season. I just see all the upsides.

Also, after skiing the 191 K108, I think the 192 MFree108 is about as big as I want to go. While the stability of the longer K108 is impressive, throwing that big, heavy ski around puts a bit of torque on my knees. As I said previously, the stability versus agility ratio on the 192 MFree108 is tough to beat.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I think my bias for the Katana is that it is more damp than the MFree108 and it mutes out more of the terrain irregularities. That makes my arthritic knee happier. I’ve tried some new treatments this fall and the “more active” ride of the MFree108 hasn’t bothered my knee like it did last season. I just see all the upsides.

Also, after skiing the 191 K108, I think the 192 MFree108 is about as big as I want to go. While the stability of the longer K108 is impressive, throwing that big, heavy ski around puts a bit of torque on my knees. As I said previously, the stability versus agility ratio on the 192 MFree108 is tough to beat.
    I completely abandoned K108 for MF108 as well. Never fully clicked with K108 in 184 as it was lill bit to short for me and I had the impression the radius was to tight for run outs in crappy snow. K108 in 191 should fit better but exactly as you I‘m not willing to f..ck around with this hefty ski for some slightly more dampness.
    I like also the more centered mounting point on MF108 better.

Has anyone broken a ski yet? You guys have been ranting about how rad the MF108 is for over a year. Anyone broken one yet?

I want one. By reading text I'm quite convinced it'll replace my M102. But I don't know if that's necessary. My M102 could easily be my resort ski for a good decade.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Has anyone broken a ski yet? You guys have been ranting about how rad the MF108 is for over a year. Anyone broken one yet?

I want one. By reading text I'm quite convinced it'll replace my M102. But I don't know if that's necessary. My M102 could easily be my resort ski for a good decade.
    M102 and MF108 go along pretty well. M102 184 groomers + low tide off piste, MF108 192 daily driver in normal alpine resort conditions. That’s at least what works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    They’re almost exactly the same dimensions. Mount point and rocker profiles are slightly different. I’ve posted a pic in this thread of them side by side once before. I’ll keep looking for it.
    Thanks, found your pics here:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ghlight=Menace

I think they are what I’m looking for..