Page 8 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    180 x88 is

It’s perfect in that length, way better than the longer one.

Yes, as another in the over 200 category, the 180 x88 is a thoroughbred beast. Lots of fun if you have the confidence to get to let her go.

So both you guys would go 180 not 186? Why not?

Flat out it skis better. 186 is just meh unless you are only doing Long open turns. 180 is still fully calm and locked in at those speeds too. Maybe if I could always ski like a downhiller, but people and conditions usually keep me from doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Flat out it skis better. 186 is just meh unless you are only doing Long open turns. 180 is still fully calm and locked in at those speeds too. Maybe if I could always ski like a downhiller, but people and conditions usually keep me from doing that.
    Interesting. Have you skied the Powertrac 89? Similar feel or different?

Powertrack is not in the same league. Fun ski but more on the friendly to intermediate skiers side of things. x88 isn’t really fun until you are going 20mph.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    180 x88 is

Yes, as another in the over 200 category, the 180 x88 is a thoroughbred beast. Lots of fun if you have the confidence to get to let her go.

heresy! this is TGR damnit

longer = moar betterer. Always

Powertrack is not in the same league. Fun ski but more on the friendly to intermediate skiers side of things. x88 isn’t really fun until you are going 20mph.
    Good to know. Need to jump on the skinnier pairs of Legends. Was hoping to make it to WWSRA demo but felt like I had been to skiing too much the weeks prior to play hooky from work.

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    heresy! this is TGR damnit

longer = moar betterer. Always
    I heard XavierD prefers the 184 BillyGoat too??!!??

Now have a few days on the Pro Rider 105 which is an incredible, burly ski. I can see way all their athletes use them on the FWT and how Barkered can hit such insane speeds in a comp..posted up initial impressions here:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...al-Impressions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	309.1 KB 
ID:	223687  

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado_Freeskier View Post
    Now have a few days on the Pro Rider 105 which is an incredible, burly ski. I can see way all their athletes use them on the FWT and how Barkered can hit such insane speeds in a comp..posted up initial impressions here.
    Tell us something we don't know. ;-)

Yeah man, the 192 LP105 hauls ass. Just don't take them somewhere tight and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post

Yeah man, the 192 LP105 hauls ass. Just don't take them somewhere tight and you'll be fine.
    Like Park City or tight trees at Alta, I learned that one the hard way this week...

Next trip I'm leaving mine in Wyoming

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Like Park City or tight trees at Alta, I learned that one the hard way this week...

Next trip I'm leaving mine in Wyoming

I think it's all the camber that makes them feel so burly

I think it's all the camber that makes them feel so burly
    The 194 cm Kastle MX98 is all camber and it's not as burley as the Pro Riders.

But boy oh boy, let them run....

Uh can I try yours?

Is this iteration of the lp 105 similar to the one from days 5 years ago? I didn't find the old 105 lp to be very burly.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I need to put some significant time on them, they sound rad.

The way you guys talk about them, they seem like they are more “locked in” than 191 Katanas or 191 Monster 108s. Katanas make quick work of tight-ish trees and bumps with that full rocker pivot, they can haul the mail, and can be daily driven. I dont ski the PNW or east coast much though, so tight to me is probably wide open to some of you.

Something about the design of the Monsters also makes them surprisingly easy to ski. Idk if they have a shorter turn radius than listed, or if it’s the weight distribution in them (all the weight feels centered and just in front/behind the boot), or what? The are super stiff, but what’s weird is that the camber is very easy to de-camber.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    180 x88 is

I'm in the under 200 category, 6'2" 185lbs, and have been loving my 186's since I picked them up earlier this season. Never saw a reason to go shorter when I purchased the skis, now am curious what the 180's feel like compared to my 186's.

Good to know. Need to jump on the skinnier pairs of Legends.
    You're more than welcome to ski my 186 x88's if you make it over to the padded seats again this season.

I never found my LP105s hard to ski (192s) just a bit dull, they could plough through anything in their path but I preferred my Explosiv's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Is this iteration of the lp 105 similar to the one from days 5 years ago? I didn't find the old 105 lp to be very burly.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Same ski, different paint.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by division.bell View Post
    I'm in the under 200 category, 6'2" 185lbs, and have been loving my 186's since I picked them up earlier this season. Never saw a reason to go shorter when I purchased the skis, now am curious what the 180's feel like compared to my 186's.

You're more than welcome to ski my 186 x88's if you make it over to the padded seats again this season.
    I’ve skied them both.

Out of curiosity, where did you mount the 186? I would probably go +1cm. I felt like I couldn’t physically get far enough forward on them.

Somehow the 180 felt more planted, less likely to get deflected by chicken nuggets and baby heads — something we’ve had plenty of at mission this year — and just plain railed. The 186 had a similar feel IF I was able to get them up to speed and really get forward on them. I don’t think I could safely maintain those speeds 90% of the time, so that’s why I’d elect to stick with the 180.

I didn't think the 192 LP105 was that burly. It was really quiet on funky snow but it doesn't really have any energy. I much prefer my Invictus 108, just way more fun while still being super quiet when things turn to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I didn't think the 192 LP105 was that burly. It was really quiet on funky snow but it doesn't really have any energy. I much prefer my Invictus 108, just way more fun while still being super quiet when things turn to shit.
    I find the Monster 108 to almost be “fun”. You can slash around with it, and jump off everything. The weight is fairly easy to get used to.

What is the ultimate speed ski? My monsters are pretty much unwavering, but I feel like there is another level above that.. not that I need such a ski.. more that I just want to experience it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks for all the vicarious stoke.

It's the hottest summer on record in NZ (January was 3C/5F above average across the country), the surf has been good, and my Pro Riders are sitting patiently in the garage. Have made a real effort to not look at any ski-related stuff, but finally caved in. Damn, I'm looking forward to finally giving the Pro Riders a go - and the Protos look damn good, too.

Enjoy your winter, everybody :-)

Hey guys, just pulled the rip cord and got out of snowless Tahoe last weekend and headed to Jackson. Nailed perfect conditions for testing the two pair of Proto's demo's I had, deep, cold and fresh. They are very surfy, stable, and fun. They are still a lot of ski, compared to most rocker pow sticks I have tried. You need to charge on them to get the most out of them, just keep going faster. Got a bunch of patrollers on them, echoed the same feeling. Very similar to the Cham 117/Legend Factory as far as the tip shape float, and the tail is a whole new ballgame. You don't necessarily feel like your on a rocketed tail, and you definitely ski the shape more than the rocker profile. Very connected and damp, super smooth rolling edge to edge and you can slarve them with little effort. The main comment we kept saying was "just go as fast as possible". Stoked and fired up on them.
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"