Page 77 of 149 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 3712
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Yeah, that's a whole truckload of Fuck That for the Shoots.

And yeah, I hope Tuco's iteration (2nd Gen?) of the Mavens keeps him happy. Us First-Get purchasers were in it for the trial. Glad to have contributed. Unfortunately, if you treat your V1 buyers as testers, your company will fail. That said, I appreciate the opportunity to buy a test product for cheap to teach me what I should have been buying in my next purchase.

It's a win-win. Bluehouse was a fake company that taught a lot of skiers what they wanted to learn.

Thankfully, Praxis, 4FRNT, ON3P, Moment, Prior, weren't so foolish.

All of that said... in this thread... Why don't I own an M-Pro Rider yet?

Because it's only offered in one length, and the marketing has led me to believe that it's out of my league. Example A of ski manufacturer shooting itself in the foot. I don't want an MF108 182. I've wanted an M-Pro Rider in 186 for fifteen years.

Surely, I'm not alone. Maybe Philpug can pull his Pivot 15 clout in this direction. Get us smaller folk a ridable rig.
    Dude. Short memory? I guess you forgot the eunichgade fiasco?
    Yeah, someone probably fucked up. Probably made the mistake after the Proto Mavens were way too stiff. Shit happens. 2nd gen gold Maven is a highly versatile ski.

The 192 lp pro is not a hand full except in icy bumps. I’m 6’1” 175 and they’re becoming daily drivers at snowbird. I was very nervous about not going 184. Couldn’t be happier with the 192.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    The 192 lp pro is not a hand full except in icy bumps. I’m 6’1” 175 and they’re becoming daily drivers at snowbird. I was very nervous about not going 184. Couldn’t be happier with the 192.

I had no concerns you'd be a fit when I handed them off to you. I hope they survived the fire!

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Skis got wider. Skiing changed. Backcountry became a thing, people realized with rocker and new shapes and constructions skiing didn’t have to be hard to be fun. Skis don’t need to be dumb stiff to hold an edge anymore either. So basically skis got better…

None of those 10lb 40m side cut skis were actually that fun compared to most modern skis. They are fun to take out every so often but honestly you’re gonna have more fun on an M-Free 108 than an M-Pro 105 90% of the time. All the traits which made a 90-105mm wide skis not totally suck in crud aren’t really needed on a 110-120mm skis.
    I agree with most of this, but a 40m+ turning radius still has it's place, but maybe not in the resort.

But the lack of hookiness in a long radius ski is great in the backcountry.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    ...skiing didn’t have to be hard to be fun...
    Blasphemy!

I totally agree, I'm pretty shocked by how torsionally stiff and competent on edge some of the noodles they're making nowadays are. Armada Tracer 98/108 are perfect examples of that.

The 192 LP 105/M-Pro Pro Rider for Pros Pro Model is a far more manageable ski than its reputation belies. It's long and it's a handful in tight spaces because duh, but it's very approachable and reasonably forgiving. It rewards good form, certainly, but it's not a soul crusher like the old monster 103s or 194 squads. Far from it. I absolutely love the tail on that ski, just my opinion.

But they should still make a fucking 184.

I still want to find me some 190 Cham 107s. There was a nice lightly used pair on Reno craigslist I missed a few months back.

Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post
    I still want to find me some 190 Cham 107s. There was a nice lightly used pair on Reno craigslist I missed a few months back.
    I dumped a pair for next to nothing not too long ago. But the people that like them love them, so they have a tendency to get skied to death.

I didn't like the gen 1 Chams much at all, but found the 107 skied best at +1 for me. I just hated the tail disappearing every time you tipped it up on edge.

What no one here is saying:

When the LP105 came out it was criticized for being a dumbed down version of the XXL, continuing the trend of the LP 100 being dumbed down from the LP 97.
    I have owned and skied both sizes of XXLs and LP105s. Despite being shorter and softer, the 105 is better in every way.

What no one here is saying:

When the LP105 came out it was criticized for being a dumbed down version of the XXL, continuing the trend of the LP 100 being dumbed down from the LP 97.
    I have owned and skied both sizes of XXLs and LP105s. Despite being shorter and softer, the 105 is better in every way.
    This makes me want to ski an LP105. The 187 XXL is one of the few skis from back in the day I wish I had held on to. A better XXL sounds awesome!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

It is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    This makes me want to ski an LP105...A better XXL sounds awesome!
    I'd give it that for sure. The only thing it doesn't do that the XXL did is plane up. Low profile tip doesn't pop up like the old quarter pipe tips on XXLs and others. But it still rallies like an XXL, with the added benefit of being able to complete a carved turn before you hit the lift maze.

I never skied the 187 XXL because I was overcompensating, wish I had. But the 194 was really damn fun.

And I don't want dynastar to make a 184 LP 105 for me; the 192's perfect. But there's a lot of people that would (and did) rock the 184 that wouldn't (and don't) bother with a 192.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/59326053

I bet he'd take $50 for em. Now you just gotta get em to Japan.

I hope Tuco is right that the Maven had a better iteration, the one I skied was fucking abominable. But that was when we were all still DD'ing shit like 194 XXL's and Blizzard Titan Pro's and Monster 103's. Good times, murdering the mountain.
    Yeah, super glad I went Shoots season 1. Not wrong about Gold Maven. My proto Mavens have more backbone than any ski mentioned in your post. I never skied XXL or Titan, but I have 2 versions of im103 and those skis suck compared to the Shoots or 2nd gen Maven.

What would you guys want in an updated LP105? If there is something like it coming down the line..

What would you guys want in an updated LP105? If there is something like it coming down the line..
    I'd want it to ski more like the Mfree.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210825_071322~2.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	383837

All of these were daily drivers, had XXLs I traded for the LP105's.
    Didn't take anything else out after getting the Mfree.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

I really want to try the MFree108, but I hope Dynastar keeps a beef master ski in the lineup long term.

Blister over there giving me the idea Moment Wildcats are more stable and versatile than Mfree 108s. What do you guys think about that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post

Stop making sense.

AEV, these are not the droids you’re looking for.

Blister over there giving me the idea Moment Wildcats are more stable and versatile than Mfree 108s. What do you guys think about that one?
    I think Blister continues to show most of their reviewers have no clue what they are talking about and just try and turn 1 paragraph of thoughts into 3 pages of words.

If you want Dynastar to keep making beefy skis make a point of going out and paying full retail for a pair of LP105/M-Pro 105

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post

Exactly.

I really want to try the MFree108, but I hope Dynastar keeps a beef master ski in the lineup long term.

I cannot speak to the Wildcats but I do have a ton of days on the Mfree in a myriad of conditions and cannot think of a more versatile ski. I kept trying to find something it would suck at yet could not. Maybe this season, doubt it.
    Stability wise, I never felt like the ski was ever unstable. Just had to change my stance a little to figure out where to stand at high speed through chop and chunder. Can’t lean on the tips like the LP105, more centered and balanced as the ski is really stiff just out of the shovel and underfoot. Watch Reine’s FWT Verbier 2021 run, plenty stable.

Being Dynastar and all w/ a rich race room tradition, I wonder if Reine is not skiing production models but rather sticks from RR.

If you want Dynastar to keep making beefy skis make a point of going out and paying full retail for a pair of LP105/M-Pro 105
    I did two years ago. I bought my first pair of Monster 108s at retail too. I do this specifically to put my money where my mouth is. I hate paying retail, but I will for big skis just to try to help keep them around.

Blister is wrong

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Being Dynastar and all w/ a rich race room tradition, I wonder if Reine is not skiing production models but rather sticks from RR.
    It’s been mentioned in this thread he is on stock Mfree’s.

The Dynastar Thread

^^ I love how people still question that this ski fucks. You know… only like 37 established mags ski them.

Who else skis them on the FWT? Thought I saw someone else on them last year.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    ^^ I love how people still question that this ski fucks. You know… only like 37 established mags ski them.
    To be fair, it’s only AEV. Instead of saving up for a pair he blew his wad on another pair of wren 108s.

Lols FWIW, you guys helped move this ski from like #4 on the demo list to #1. I believe that it fucks, I'm gonna get it's number early this season. I am in no way question whether this ski fucks haha, I'm just saying it may not be my type. If I love it that much demoing it, I'll buy

I wanted the Wren 108s as a more pow orientated LP105.. what's wrong with that? Ya I shoulda got the Wren 114, but that's most likely not happening this season.

I do feel stupid I didn't buy the MFree108s this spring for $379, I just spent about that on these used Wrens.