Page 70 of 149 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 3712
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	64030710591__970343DE-0B4E-479C-BD8D-61655409173C.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	235.4 KB 
ID:	371781

Corn harvest is in. Should be an excellent party weekend in the cascades.

These skis: If you have the means, I highly recommend you get a pair. They are so choice.

Got back on the proto/m-free 118 recently. I realize there's a lot of hype on the MF108, but hot damn I forgot how fun the proto is. Was on my teles and was surprised at how well the ski worked as a freeheel ski; lots easier to throw sideways, the amount of camber was actually a welcome change compared to my usual tele ski (gunsmokes). For as wide as the ski is, it's actually relatively easy to flip edge to edge too.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    Got back on the proto/m-free 118 recently. I realize there's a lot of hype on the MF108, but hot damn I forgot how fun the proto is. Was on my teles and was surprised at how well the ski worked as a freeheel ski; lots easier to throw sideways, the amount of camber was actually a welcome change compared to my usual tele ski (gunsmokes). For as wide as the ski is, it's actually relatively easy to flip edge to edge too.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Just bought a pair of Protos off the board. Unlikely I'll get on them this year, but excited to try them in their element.

First day or on these pristine 2nd year race room pro rider. 15 celcius and corn everywhere. Thanks Caucasian Asian.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Epic

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    First day or on these pristine 2nd year race room pro rider. 15 celcius and corn everywhere. Thanks Caucasian Asian.

Rad. I’m glad to see them get used.

On another note, I’ve still got a pair of XXLs that need a home.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

These skis: If you have the means, I highly recommend you get a pair. They are so choice.
    cannot be overemphasized.

Yeah, the m Free 108 is really the ideal playful charger. Really good.

and all was well with the world, this makes me happy
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    and all was well with the world, this makes me happy
    194....even more happy

Anybody been on the M Free 99 yet?

The only time I didn’t like the mf108 better than my mantra 102s this past weekend at bachelor was on truly hard/icy shit first thing in the morning or some shit off the summit. Everywhere else the dynastars were just way more fun.

Anyone have a lead on where to track down some 182 MFree108's for less than full retail? I think the ski would be a better fit for where I ski than a Katana, but because of the graphic-only change for next year, shops are damn near giving away Katanas.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Anyone have a lead on where to track down some 182 MFree108's for less than full retail? I think the ski would be a better fit for where I ski than a Katana, but because of the graphic-only change for next year, shops are damn near giving away Katanas.
    Yeah I have a pair, shoot me a PM.

ChugachJ and Leavenworth, what was wrong with the tune on your LP105s from 2019-2020? And how did you fix it? I assume it's simple, and I think you've answered this before.

I have the same model and bringing it into the shop now, just wondering what to say to the techs.

194....even more happy

i'm holding out for the 2 barely used pairs sitting in injured never to ski again friends garage, he got them from me first year I was with Dynastar and says he's going to bring them to town....
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    ChugachJ and Leavenworth, what was wrong with the tune on your LP105s from 2019-2020? And how did you fix it? I assume it's simple, and I think you've answered this before.

I have the same model and bringing it into the shop now, just wondering what to say to the techs.
    I believe theirs was the same problem as mine, tune just wasn't finished. Base bevels need to be chased out past the contact points. Take a close look at your edges and you should be able to see where the ceramic disc edger didn't reach; that all just needs to get tied in with a hand file and finished out. Then detuned to preference.

Can anyone compare the M-Free 108 to my current BC Atris? Seems heavier, is it damper yet still as or more nimble?

I skied today for the first time in over a year, and my first actual confident day on skis since I broke my neck. First day I can really get the feel for ski characteristics. Both the LP105s and Menace 98s are great spring skis for Squaw. They handled different types of snow well.

I am very surprised by the stability of the 187 Menaces, for price point skis that truly measure 184.5cm.. I love the lack of taper, and they've got a little weight behind them for short 98mm skis. I have them mounted -3.75 from center. I'm using them for park/all mtn type, and I can already tell they will be great for that. Compared to 188 Moment PB&Js, my first real impression is the Menaces are a bit softer, but almost as stable and more playful. Compared to Shreditor 92s or Poachers, these feel significantly more stable but not quite as buttery.

LP105s were phenomenal in slush. Can't wait to get these out early tomorrow on some harder stuff. I can see myself using these a lot, especially for places/terrain without trees or big bumps. Amazing in spaced out small bumps, a lot of work in big tight bumps. I also haven't skied hard in 2 years though, so they will only get easier. These things are on rails. Them tails are less "slarvey" than those 2015 191 Wrenegade comp skis that ChugachJed has now, as well as Monsters or Katanas. However LPs are not as stable as 191 Head Monsters, they feel more like the Wrens or Katanas in that regard, which is plenty for me. Monsters were overkill most of the time, but I still love them.

Posted my LP105s for sale in GS. I know I’ll regret this but gear needs to move to someone who will use them more. Nothing but positive things to say about these.... PM me. Located in Seattle.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeRidges View Post
    Can anyone compare the M-Free 108 to my current BC Atris? Seems heavier, is it damper yet still as or more nimble?

the Atris may be more damp, the MF108 more nimble, skied both lots
    the Atris was the first model of ski to sell out for us this year (Fernie) but it has been around a while and a known quantity, the MF108 picked up near the end of the season as word spread, Ullr forbid the Rossignol Group actually promoted the ski...
    fire

rails are for trains

www.theguideshut.ca

grabbed the last pair of menace 98's from corbetts...for like $250? wtf?

is on-the-line the call for 90% low tide + 10% old man park flailing?

there are two "lines" on the menace 98. If you're a directional skier, the rearward line is great.

I was afraid there was no tail on the Menace 98, based on flexing, so I mounted -3.75.

After skiing them, and realizing the tails were more supportive than they hand flex, I'm now wishing I went another cm further back.

They still feel great and can ski anything, and they have a big sweet spot so can still be driven a little bit. Still keepers for me, but I'll have to remount at some point.

Finally opened the MF 108's I grabbed from BlueZone or whatever that shop is. Nice looking ski, anyone tried it?