Page 47 of 149 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 3712
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    MFree 108 192 review.
    Me: 50yo, 5’10” 215lbs, fuck you covid and busted achilles. Normally 190.
    My strength is getting better but not quite where I was or want to be.

Mounted on the line.
    So far I have 2 days on them in a wide array of conditions.
    It took me about three turns to figure out their preferred stance and how to engage the edge. After that it was auto pilot carve machines and boy can they carve.
    Detune: I as always detune anything that isn’t side cut. All the taper section in the tips and tails got a detune with a gummy.
    Firm with ice patches:
    Tip them over, stand on them with some boot cuff pressure and they rail like they shouldn’t be able to. I was really impressed. Really fun making any carve shape you wanted. They hook up with confidence and don’t do anything weird.
    Soft chop on groomers: They don’t Care, set an edge and stand on them and just mob.
    Firm chop on groomers: same deal, just ignore the slight tip flap as they calm down about 6-8” into the ski and go quiet under foot, totally planted.
    6-8” of soft-ish chop: slight tip plow, super planted underfoot. Not a crusher like the LP105 but that’s ok, not what this ski is to be.
    Pow: Hot damn they are fun and float above their waist width. Super surfy and zero hooking. Tips come right up and game on! Super easy to pivot in tight places as well.
    Wind effected packed pow: So easy to ski, zero hooking or even a slight hint at it. Make any turn shape you want. Very effortless here as well.
    This ski is a really really good ski. Not many skis get that response from me. The more I’m on it the better it seems to become. It’s so damn easy to ski yet can flat haul ass without any issues. It has a very playful side as well as a charger side. I would absolutely categorize this ski as a playful charger. Guys who know me know I like to ski fast and this ski does it without hesitation yet will pop and play or pivot effortlessly through tight spots.
    Well done Dynastar, I have been wanting a ski like this for a while now.
    Thanks for putting this up. I’ve been kinda blah on this ski, but your review got me pumped to try the new Dynastar lineup.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Stoked to see your review 2FUNKY - It’s a fucking great ski!

@mofro I know your comments on weight and sizing will help a lot as there is a huge gap between the sizes!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Who can provide an MFree 108 182 vs 192 perspective? Woody?

Also, any MFree 108 comparisons to skis like the Enforcer 110 Free, Enforcer 104 Free or K2 Mindbender 108 Ti? These are all the skis I have tried looking for that playful but capable 10X slot for the PNW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post

Also, any MFree 108 comparisons to skis like the Enforcer 110 Free, Enforcer 104 Free or K2 Mindbender 108 Ti? These are all the skis I have tried looking for that playful but capable 10X slot for the PNW.
    I'll be able to compare the 192 to the Enforcer 110 this week.

It's been a while since I've been on an enforcer over 100, but the mfree is both more playful and stiffer than the 100 or 110 that I skied a few years ago. I've been told the Enforcer has since gotten a little more backbone, but the rubber band tails never had much pop for me. MB108ti is more of a traditional fall-line charger, lacking the surfy sideways thing that the mfree does quite well, but excels in dense crud if you keep it pointed down the fall line.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    It's been a while since I've been on an enforcer over 100, but the mfree is both more playful and stiffer than the 100 or 110 that I skied a few years ago. I've been told the Enforcer has since gotten a little more backbone, but the rubber band tails never had much pop for me. MB108ti is more of a traditional fall-line charger, lacking the surfy sideways thing that the mfree does quite well, but excels in dense crud if you keep it pointed down the fall line.
    Appreciate the comments. When I want stable but a hint of playful, I either ski my 191 Enforcer 110’s or Mindbender 108’s. The Enforcer 110’s don’t have a lot of “pop” but are easy to flick around at Stevens. The MB108TI is “loose”, especially in soft conditions. Every really “playful” ski I have tried is too springy and not stable enough for my tastes. What everyone is saying about the MFree 108 is intriguing (and seems a little too good to be true, tbh)...and now I want to try some 192’s.

Yeah everyone takes something a little different from the experience.

Like, I didn’t get that about the mb108 at all. I didn’t much like it in pow actually. But I demoed the 186 and have never been on the longer one.

Maybe we’re all just happy to be skiing, so the stoke on the ski is high? All I know is I haven’t reached for any other ski since I pulled out the mfree last week.

M-Free is closer to the Enforcer 115 Pro I skied years ago than a MB108. M-Free 108 is just special though, Bman I Know of a 182 demo pair I could meet you at one of the local areas with, no 192 though. It really is a great ski. Too bad Dynastar fucked the sizing on it. Should have been 192/186/180/174. Those are some good sizes...

Agreed on the sizing. The 192 doesn’t feel long on your feet.

1 run impression of 192 MFree 108 mounted on the line (work was calling)

Conditions - 9" of heavy cut up junk off Armstrong chair at Alpental.

More tail than I am used to but lots of energy out of it. Definitely ski shorter than stated length, feel shorter than my QLab 190s. Quiet/damp in the chunder. Didn't seem to get deflected more than other skis. Lots of energy out of turns. Can see the playful potential.

Very excited to get more time on them the next few days. I'll need to get used to the mount point, but had no issues fresh out of the plastic on them.

Also I thought the marble looking graphics looked lame when I first saw pictures. They actually look really cool in person and my 17yo even said they look good.
    Last edited by phatty; 01-06-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Realize not a lot of Powertrack 84 love on this thread—hell I don’t even love them. But still have a pair in service and new shell is gonna move me back a touch. Anybody ski these at -.5?

Quote Originally Posted by dgilligan02 View Post
    Realize not a lot of Powertrack 84 love on this thread—hell I don’t even love them. But still have a pair in service and new shell is gonna move me back a touch. Anybody ski these at -.5?
    Ski them. Bet you won’t notice.

Quote Originally Posted by dgilligan02 View Post
    -.5cm... You're gonna die!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    -.5cm... You're gonna die!!!
    Wrong thread

2nd Day on 192 MFree 108

Conditions - Typical Alpental night. Lightly snowing, soft snow with soft bumps on groomers. Grabby snow in the flats with soft, spring like snow at bottom.

Mr - 6'2",195# typically like charger skis. Previous daily ski is 190 QLab

TL, DR- These things are awesome!

I was originally concerned by the amount of tail. Not used to this centered a mount. It was a total non issue after first run. These are very intuitive. Yes, they definitely ski short. The camber delivers a ton of energy out of turns. The skis were launching in and out of bumps. I'm not a fan of skiing bumps, but these made them fun, something I didn't think could happen.

One of my favorite things of the QLab is the strong tail acts like a gas pedal. While this tail is not the same, it is pretty powerful. These things may have a speed limit, but I didn't find it tonight. Admittedly Alpental isn't the best place to test it out. They seemed to handle chop and chunder just fine.

These could make any turn shape I threw at them. I was able to noodle my way or open it up for long radius turns.

I was looking for the elusive "playful charger" and it nails it for me. I was willing to sacrifice some of the charging for playfulness. I don't feel like I'm giving up much of the top end but getting significantly more "fun".

Thanks for everyone in this thread hyping these. They are my first brand new skis in 20yrs and I'm stoked. I agree that if they had a 186 that they would sell a ton of them. I would recommend to anyone looking for a playful charger.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    2nd Day on 192 MFree 108

Conditions - Typical Alpental night. Lightly snowing, soft snow with soft bumps on groomers. Grabby snow in the flats with soft, spring like snow at bottom.

Mr - 6'2",195# typically like charger skis. Previous daily ski is 190 QLab

TL, DR- These things are awesome!

I was originally concerned by the amount of tail. Not used to this centered a mount. It was a total non issue after first run. These are very intuitive. Yes, they definitely ski short. The camber delivers a ton of energy out of turns. The skis were launching in and out of bumps. I'm not a fan of skiing bumps, but these made them fun, something I didn't think could happen.

One of my favorite things of the QLab is the strong tail acts like a gas pedal. While this tail is not the same, it is pretty powerful. These things may have a speed limit, but I didn't find it tonight. Admittedly Alpental isn't the best place to test it out. They seemed to handle chop and chunder just fine.

These could make any turn shape I threw at them. I was able to noodle my way or open it up for long radius turns.

I was looking for the elusive "playful charger" and it nails it for me. I was willing to sacrifice some of the charging for playfulness. I don't feel like I'm giving up much of the top end but getting significantly more "fun".

Thanks for everyone in this thread hyping these. They are my first brand new skis in 20yrs and I'm stoked. I agree that if they had a 186 that they would sell a ton of them. I would recommend to anyone looking for a playful charger.
    Thanks for the relevant review. Big question remains, how would it work at a bigger mountain? Would you want it at a place like Whistler?

A 182 was a little short for Crystal for my 200lb fat ass. I think a 192 would have been fine.

Thanks for the relevant review. Big question remains, how would it work at a bigger mountain? Would you want it at a place like Whistler?
    Definitely. I need to get it out on a mountain with more open terrain, but based on what I could see, it will handle it just fine. I want to get it out in some fresh snow to get a feel on float, but suspect they will be good. Could just be "new ski high", but I'm very stoked on them. I'm sure I'll find a downside sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    A 182 was a little short for Crystal for my 200lb fat ass. I think a 192 would have been fine.
    Anyone coming around Snoqualmie is welcome to try my 192. I have big feet, though. I'm at 340mm BSL and can get down to ~325mm.

x-post from Gear Swap

Menace Proto's for $299 today only at Level 9 Sports

https://www.levelninesports.com/steal-of-the-day

Boys' and Girls' sizes available at last check

Great ski, I grab mine almost daily

Funny you ask. I was on them again this weekend and while riding the chair admiring my 4 giant turns down Wardner, where most make 15-20, I started to day dream about standing at the top of Lennon or Marx at Big Sky on a bluebird day with some fast wind buffed chalk under my skis. Could feel an evil chuckle starting to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Funny you ask. I was on them again this weekend and while riding the chair admiring my 4 giant turns down Wardner, where most make 15-20, I started to day dream about standing at the top of Lennon or Marx at Big Sky on a bluebird day with some fast wind buffed chalk under my skis. Could feel an evil chuckle starting to come out.
    I'm heading to Big Sky for President's Week, so I hope I get some of those conditions to try them out on.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    One phrase to sum it up— this is the ski I wanted the woodsman 108 to be... in fact this is the ski I’ve been looking for, for a LONG TIME! ...
    yeah, based on two days with 182 m-free 108s (though with a somewhat wonkey left knee) mainly riding in fresh conditions I can understand why people would feel that. So far I am really liking the m-free 108s, so thanks for getting them on my radar.

I have yet to ski them back to back (with Woodsman108s), but the first impressions is that woods are stronger on groomers/variable, or in general just "more" ski. It will def be fun to try them more back to back when my lefy knee is a bit less wonkey. I am pretty confident that I can take the 108s to the hill on any given day and have fun, which says a lot imho.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    ... I want to get it out in some fresh snow to get a feel on float, but suspect they will be good. ...
    182s float well for their width, and are both loose and intuitive to ski in fresh. No great surprise given their geo, mount point and flex pattern. Mine are mounted on the line with P14s, to be castified.

I like the 182 size for the 108, but def wish for a 184 or 185 m-free 118 - the 180 is too short for where I ride / annual snowfall.

These allowed me to sell my Faction Candide 5.0s...that’s a pretty big endorsement of how fun this ski is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	664098DB-0308-4601-BBFE-43CD8B188CD3.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	184.7 KB 
ID:	357542

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_9059.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	357543