Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Yeah the 127s are fucking heavy on the lift. Skiing through breakable wind and rain crust is like a nice pow day though.
    did you end up getting a few days on mine last season?

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Yeah the 127s are fucking heavy on the lift. Skiing through breakable wind and rain crust is like a nice pow day though.
    I hear that, then. Plus need moar man size skis to feel adequate!
    Guess they're worth the travel to Big White for them. Will try and combo a storm for a maiden day.

Yeah, the last day I tried them it had snowed and had warmed and refroze down low. Usual punchy, grabby wind crust and some refrozen melt crust 8-10" inches deep. I didn't even notice it. The only part that sucked was hitting the wind scoured refrozen cords at Midway. They're not a lot of fun on real hard snow or ice but that's to be expected. Can't wait to try them on a big mid-winter dump.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Ive got a line on a new pair of the Pro Riders, going to pull the trigger later tonight.

Time to find some orange FKS 18s....
    Orange FKS look awesome on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Orange FKS look awesome on them.

Did you mount them on the line?

Did you mount them on the line?
    As God himself intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    As God himself intended.
    good to know. Saw the Blister guys went +1, was curious as to what others did.

I am one of those... never understood the Cham 107... guys....

I demoed the Cham 1.0 190ish back to back with the OG Cochise 193. That day I bought the Cochise and skied it for four seasons.

The cham and cochise were marketed in the same class but one ski has 10m less of turn radius. One ski has significantly less effective edge. I like big GS turns. I like the Cochise. I bet Id like the LP105.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Bluesbrother49 (Andy) will probably check in here at some point. He's our local Dynastar rep out of Truckee. Good dude.

Hey guys, great thread. I don't post much, but if you have any questions related to Dynastar I can do my best to get them answered.

One ski that I don't think has much said about it is the Cham 117 and Legend Factory (current). I have spent a lot of time on both and can say it's been my favorite ski we produced since the old XXL. Very fall line oriented with a easy shape to smear when you need to. Not much rocker, you feel the whole length of the ski especially when busting through chopped up stuff. Factory is a slightly beefier build than the Cham 117, but the same mold.

New Legend line has a much different feel than the Cham lines of the past. Less rocker, more damp, and much less taper. Very solid and smooth, just skied the 182 106 at Squaw this afternoon and it's quiet and balanced. Can't wait till the 106 188 and 96 186 show up for the demo fleet.
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

My first Dynastars were the Omeglass in 76. But I left the fold for a few years and came back for the 4x4 Flame Years.
    Basically had all the LP’s and XXL’s.
    Still sitting on some unmounted 127’s.

Good call on the thread. I have some 178 BIGS with decent Rotti tele bindings if someone wants wall skis. Lots of dayz before my tele mount.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbrother49 View Post
    Bluesbrother49 (Andy) will probably check in here at some point. He's our local Dynastar rep out of Truckee. Good dude.

Hey guys, great thread. I don't post much, but if you have any questions related to Dynastar I can do my best to get them answered.

One ski that I don't think has much said about it is the Cham 117 and Legend Factory (current). I have spent a lot of time on both and can say it's been my favorite ski we produced since the old XXL. Very fall line oriented with a easy shape to smear when you need to. Not much rocker, you feel the whole length of the ski especially when busting through chopped up stuff. Factory is a slightly beefier build than the Cham 117, but the same mold.

New Legend line has a much different feel than the Cham lines of the past. Less rocker, more damp, and much less taper. Very solid and smooth, just skied the 182 106 at Squaw this afternoon and it's quiet and balanced. Can't wait till the 106 188 and 96 186 show up for the demo fleet.

Where do you mount your 117/factory? I was happy with my Cham 107 2.0 at -1, didn't like them at -2 and also liked them at 0. Liked the original 107 at the line. Me 5' 10", 200lbs, ski like a majestic eagle.

Stoked you're posting on here too.

French Robot Eagle

Ive got a line on a new pair of the Pro Riders, going to pull the trigger later tonight.

I’ve wanted those and saw a local place with one pair for cheap, but never got them. I now regret my decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Do it! I am jealous.

As for the cham 1.0 hate..

I absolutely hated the 1.0 cham 87s.. too wimpy and turny, and wern’t that great on ice for how thin they are. Drove me away from trying the wider versions.

I really wanted to try the 127s though, they seemed like beefmaster double Aeverflexors. I have seen them sell for under $100 new lately, maybe I should grab as a cheap experiment??

I will get some more time on 2.0 cham 117s this season. After one run, I could tell I like them a lot more for their respective purpose, than the 1.0 87s.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Pulled the trigger on the skis, last pair from this Swedish shop. If anyone is in Europe or wants to see if a company will ship outside of France, I have a link to another pair. Something like $550 USD before shipping if they'll ship outside the EU given there is no VAT.

I'm really excited to ski these badboys. Guess I'll need to hop on some old GS skis to get used to skiing a ski with that kind of effective edge length again.
    Last edited by nyskirat; 11-23-2017 at 07:07 AM.

skied Dynastar/look/lange for about 35 years,knew many of the people that worked for them in Williston VT.i think my favorite ski was the first generation coupe demonde gs,the green model.skied the nobis88 for quite awhile got them from Doug Lewis.probably more dynastar's skied at my local mtn. than all other brands combined.i did switch to K2 s a few years back with no regrets

Yes, this is how they want to be skied, on edge. I think the people who had the most problem with the Cham 1.0 are expecting them to be some kind of slarve machine but the brutal edge grip and big tip doesn't allow for that. Good ski for a committed fall-line skier.
    In retrospect: I got to demo some Bonafides late in the first season on the Chams. The contrast between the two skis couldn't be greater. Probably same performance envelopes, but entirely different feel first time on snow. Bonafides are easy to ski, flex pattern pretty consistent tip to tail, you feel the full edge. There's no tiny sweet spot or insistence on any particular type of turn. Anyone who demo'd both skis in the same day would likely piss on the Cham and buy the Bonafide, in a 1 run or maybe 2 runs max demo.

On the Cham I can slarve then carve then slarve, pretty much at will, when I'm on them & I'm on point. But slarves, pure high-speed sideslips, etc.? You can do that immediately on a Bonafide, but on the Cham it's a bit tougher unless you've spent time doing loose-feet slips at speed on race skis.

I don't like to ham up cliches, marketing pap or any nonsense. But I'd say the Chams' finicky nature keeps me honest and I can't really be lazy if I want to make use of the whole package. In this way, I'd say they make me a better skier.

Don't know if I can demo the Legends locally, I'll check on it.

Long time Dynastar fanboi. I won my first pair of Omeglass II's in a junior event tied to the pro tour when I was 9. Has chicken hearts in both white and the gold, then coupe du monde GS boards in green and then the blue. When i got the blue 205s remounted the green 207s with some Silvrettra 404s for my first touring rig.

The Dynastar G9 mid-nineties was the first "shaped" ski i had and the last 200+cm ski as the shapes shrunk and morphed wider. I strayed for a while and road K2's since i had a buddy working there and could get cheap deals, but came back to Dynastar when the 97mm legend pro came out, had the 109mm xxl and then the legend 105.

I guess i really like fat GS skis with a mid-twenties radius as a daily driver, so im a kinda bummed to look towards this years line up and see the 96 and 106 offerings at 17M.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

This is all I got, sorry for the crappy pic. Nobis inspired 188, fun soft snow tele ski for it's day.

Name:  20171123_092414.jpg
Views: 6968
Size:  24.6 KB

XXLs, LP 105s, now Legend 106. Great skis
    Looking forward too seeing what they produce in the near future with where they take the legend Factory.

Where do you mount your 117/factory? I was happy with my Cham 107 2.0 at -1, didn't like them at -2 and also liked them at 0. Liked the original 107 at the line. Me 5' 10", 200lbs, ski like a majestic eagle.

Stoked you're posting on here too.
    I ended up liking it right on the line, I did mess around with -1 and -2. Found that back the ski lost its balance a bit, and extended the tip so it took longer to roll into the sidecut. FYI, the Cham 117 was the first "Cham 2.0" build, they brought the design to the other widths..97 and 107.
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

I love dynastar. Skiing in the rockies they won't blow up when you hit rocks. Stable at any speed but prefer faster.
    My daily driver is still the 194xxl for early season but i bought some 190 cham 1.0 107's last year. Cham 107 v1 is Pretty much my favorite ski ever. Basically skis like turnier xxl with better float. No speed limit. Wants to be on edge and go fast. I have skied it just in groomers, blower, asked skiing, waist deep heavy pow in Jackson. My only complaint is heavier snow and trees. The tip gets a bit hooky and pushy. But that's what other skis are for. Any questions this is what I've asked in the dynastar family

I've skied:
    Max one
    4x4 big 188
    Og pro riders
    3rd year pros
    Big troubles
    Huge troubles full camber
    194xxl
    Big dump
    Og lp 105 190
    Lp 115
    Cham 117 version 1 190
    Cham 107 in 190

Lp105 was a softer more playful xxl with better float. Basically a cross between the 115 and prorider

Cham 117 skied like a big dump and is amazing in pow. Very under rated ski.

Lp 115 is a good ski for a lighter less aggressive person. Easy to ski

Xxl goes through anything including jerry

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by crashidy; 11-24-2017 at 11:26 AM. Reason: 107

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0470.JPG 
Views:	603 
Size:	406.6 KB 
ID:	217084
    Post your quiver pic dude!

gwat always wins the Dynastar hoarder contest.
    Ha, so this popped up today on my FB feed. "Two years ago today".
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

I've seen a few shops that already have picked over stock on the 106 & Legend. Need Black Friday / local hook up!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbrother49 View Post