Page 12 of 149 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Selling some Legend Factorys and Cham 107 2.0 in gearswap if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by JanIdar View Post
    can´t really decide if I should get 182 or 188
    You won't regret going 188
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

The Dynastar Thread

I will add that it's only 6cms and agree you'll have no regrets. I'm on the 182 and would not notice an extra 6cm but given the choice at 5'10 160 lbs the 182 is fine.

I like the pin tail. I like the really stiff tail. I like the tip rocker and I like the tail rocker.

If I were dynastar I'd have cut the camber in half and added about 15% more mass without adding metal.

Does the above ski exist? Cannot be a twin.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

Legend Protos are damp, fast and damp. Skis stiffer than it hand flexes. Skied it at recommended and -2cm. I’ll mount mine at -1 or -2cm from recommended line.

Not a light ski. I’d say it skis like a Cham 127 and Huge Trouble had a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Legend Protos are damp, fast and damp. Skis stiffer than it hand flexes. Skied it at recommended and -2cm. I’ll mount mine at -1 or -2cm from recommended line.

Not a light ski. I’d say it skis like a Cham 127 and Huge Trouble had a kid.
    I played around with the mount, liked -1 the best. -2 seemed too far backwards on the side cut.

Credit to Jerry Of The Day
    Name:  IMG_0536.JPG
Views: 1212
Size:  141.0 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post

I hope that’s a Big Dump...so fitting! (at least I think the last BD came in that graphic?)

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    I hope that’s a Big Dump...so fitting! (at least I think the last BD came in that graphic?)
    Yeah, last year of it did. Along with the lp105. Not many of that graphic around though. Dynastar proving it goes though instead of over.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post

WTF? That's some build quality there or is that car door made of plastic?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Double X.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	779.2 KB 
ID:	230124

Took the bindings off my Q-Labs and put them back on the 194 xxl. It had been a several years since I'd skied them and have been on them my last couple of outings. Damned if they are fine f'n ski. So much fun to cruise. So stable and quiet and always a good challenge to try to bend them into a medium turn radius(helps to be 220). My goto ski last couple years has been the Cochise pre-lightened tip. They both equally crush thanks to their metal. XXL likes a forward drive. The Cochise likes a centered drive. They both get the job done. I think I'll keep them in the rotation for awhile.

The more I ski the Proto the more I like it. Skied at -1cn today. Again, this ski wants to go fast. It’s comfortable and easy to ski once you get it to speed. It needs to be driven into tighter turns. Easy to pivot and work in soft snow but it wants you to put it on edge and drive through. Vague and washy at low speeds. If someone finds the tail washing out they need to ski faster and stop tail gunning through turns. The fast you go the more alive it gets. You can really feel the ski want to excellerate through turns. Much more playful than a Legend Factory; likely due to more tail rocker. Very damp. Anyone can ski this, but only those who are willing to commit to it will really enjoy it.

It's a modern charger. I liked them a lot. A ~107 - 109 version would be an awesome PNW post storm ski, maybe in a 192.

The Dynastar Thread

FYI Corbetts.com has 190cm legend factory’s for $408 shipped

Legend x 106 for $385

Thought of this thread and the recent thread about metal in skis - https://www.instagram.com/p/BgzRnZIjMMN/?hl=en

WWMD: LP105 @ +0.5 or -1.0?
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

+ they already have plenty of tip

Ok Dynamasters, advise away: Mrs. Notch was WAY turned on by next years legend 96 women's in 171 with the damp power drive layup and/or metal I think. 14 m radius, looks-feels like a Cham humped a Monster, etc etc. Is this years women's the same layup as next years? Is this years men's the same as next years womens? At the time I didn't think too much about it, but she keeps talking about that ski. Currently on a 4frnt Aretha and an elan 14 amphibio men's (last year of the waveflex). Hoping she can score this years topsheet in either men's or women's if the build is the same.

LPR 105. My favorite ski. Any idea, recommendation about best replacement. I Think that current legend 106 is not appropriate candidate.

PS
    I don’t like mantra m4 with rocker. And also don’t like Cham 1.0.

But mythic 97 is my favorite light touring ski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legend X 96 is a total carryover year on year, both men’s and women’s models. AFAIK, Men’s and women’s are the same ski.

Quote Originally Posted by ciki62 View Post
    LPR 105. My favorite ski. Any idea, recommendation about best replacement. I Think that current legend 106 is not appropriate candidate.

PS

Is it the 192 version?

If so, buy a new updated version.

Quote Originally Posted by Notchtop View Post
    Ok Dynamasters, advise away: Mrs. Notch was WAY turned on by next years legend 96 women's in 171 with the damp power drive layup and/or metal I think. 14 m radius, looks-feels like a Cham humped a Monster, etc etc. Is this years women's the same layup as next years? Is this years men's the same as next years womens? At the time I didn't think too much about it, but she keeps talking about that ski. Currently on a 4frnt Aretha and an elan 14 amphibio men's (last year of the waveflex). Hoping she can score this years topsheet in either men's or women's if the build is the same.
    The X96 has metal in it somewhere. This is a fact. I'd love to know how Dstar runs the metal in that ski. Is it full length? Wall to wall? only under boot? It's still a lightish ski. (the X106 does not have metal).

My experience is not that a cham humped a monster. A monster is heavy and damp and the X is not that. The 171 x96 is going to weigh ~1650grams each. A monster 98 in a 170 is going to weigh another 300g+ than that.

I cannot feel the magical core that dynastar has in these. To me they just feel light and not damp which makes sense because they are light. They may indeed be damp for their weight, I don't know as I have not previously spent time on light skis in bounds.

As Xavier said, all the Legends out now are actually "19's" so no changes even to topsheets.

these are listing in Whistler in the unlikely event you happen to be up that way (listing on whis CL in CAD):

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/nvn/...522640528.html

And to add, the Legends all straight pull less than a cm under their stated length so pretty much true to size.

Quote Originally Posted by ciki62 View Post

PS

Funny how the indie's will probably fill this "void" in the big players line up.

Maybe wait it out a bit for the Moment Commanders to get pressed?

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    (the X106 does not have metal).
    It says on their website that the X106 does have metal.

http://www.dynastar.com/product/legend-x106

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    It says on their website that the X106 does have metal.

http://www.dynastar.com/product/legend-x106
    Oh I'm well aware. I've sent them emails asking them to straighten it out and nothing.

They 100% do not have metal in the 106. The 96 does have metal.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

99% sure there is metal in the 106 and Proto powerdrive whatever thing, just not in a way that would require you to use a 4.1 bit to mount the ski. As mentioned both the 88 and 96 have a sheet of metal.

Anyone been on the slicer? Saw a few pairs at snowbird today and they look fun