Page 11 of 149 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Hm.

I'll have to offload the BG's first before I can buy a new one. Can't imagine i'll have a hard time that being said.

The Big Dumps are interesting but 120 is a lot of ski underfoot and living out east, I can't imagine i'll need them too often.

Problems.

Edit:

Ill be interested to see what ski the FWT skiers use.

Proto? Legend Pro? Legend factory?
    All 3...Conor uses the Proto, Barkered uses the old Pro 105 and the Factory.
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbrother49 View Post
    All 3...Conor uses the Proto, Barkered uses the old Pro 105 and the Factory.
    Interesting.

I assume Barkered is more of a traditional charger, Conor is a newschooler, jibby, charger?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2368.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	696.8 KB 
ID:	227908

Spotted these at Alta today. I hope Dynastar is serious about the re-re-issue. 🤞

^drool drool
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

I may have to buy another pair just in case....

if a maggot needs 117s PM me I have a 180 and a 190 at the store
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

Name:	IMG_2368.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	696.8 KB 
ID:	227908

Spotted these at Alta today. I hope Dynastar is serious about the re-re-issue. ��
    Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    ^drool drool
    They're being made for sure but probably won't make the cut for the US line, because "the prorider doesn't drive key brand objectives". Basically a small handful of bros on TGR won't move the needle for them to offer the line up in the US, when they can sell 1000s of Speedzones to PSIA dorks and 1000s of x96 and x106 to dentists.

Trust me, I've beat the prorider drum pretty hard but reality is, they'd maybe be lucky to sell 50 pairs of them and at least 1/2 would be to bros with hookups, not at shops or full price direct.

That said, maybe bluesbrother can lobby for us and put us together a group order?

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    They're being made for sure but probably won't make the cut for the US line, because "the prorider doesn't drive key brand objectives". Basically a small handful of bros on TGR won't move the needle for them to offer the line up in the US, when they can sell 1000s of Speedzones to PSIA dorks and 1000s of x96 and x106 to dentists.

Trust me, I've beat the prorider drum pretty hard but reality is, they'd maybe be lucky to sell 50 pairs of them and at least 1/2 would be to bros with hookups, not at shops or full price direct.

That said, maybe bluesbrother can lobby for us and put us together a group order?
    Yeah, super tough ski to justify bringing into the country. We have brought it in 4 different times since 2011 and never sold enough to justify it. Cool ski and it rips if you don't do anything but charge fall line and don't "slarve" but I'd rather ski my 106x 188 everyday at Squaw. A bunch of my buddies were skiing the Pro Rider last year, and they are loving the 106x 188. Modern update, and the shovel/pintail shape is really smooth and consistent through the variable snow. We sold out of it twice this year, fyi.
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbrother49 View Post
    Yeah, super tough ski to justify bringing into the country. We have brought it in 4 different times since 2011 and never sold enough to justify it. Cool ski and it rips if you don't do anything but charge fall line and don't "slarve" but I'd rather ski my 106x 188 everyday at Squaw. A bunch of my buddies were skiing the Pro Rider last year, and they are loving the 106x 188. Modern update, and the shovel/pintail shape is really smooth and consistent through the variable snow. We sold out of it twice this year, fyi.
    I think an x106 pro would be nice... same layup as the x88 (metal), 192 only, 25m radius. Keep the x106 rocker/general shape. I like the x106 but sometimes I wish for a ski with a little more balls.

Actually the entire Legend X lineup should have ha the x88 layup, personally.

Agreed, the x106 is absolutely one of my favorite new skis and my current daily, but it could benefit from a bit more dampness for a higher speed limit and charging less than perfect snow. In it's present form, it's a Soul7 killer, a sheet of metal would make it a cochise killer, IMO.

I'm never owned a Dynastar but have been drooling over those 192 Legends (105 underfoot) that Barkered was on last year. But, even though I follow this thread, I am really confused as to their name - the whole Legend series naming confuses me: is it the "Pro Rider"?? http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...-pro-rider-192

More importantly, I've been trying to find a pair to no avail. Based on your comment, I'm guessing it's next to impossible. Is that right?

I guess I could always go back to a Cochise....
    sproing!

Legend Pro Rider == Legend Pro 105

That ski was discontinued in the US last year, replaced by the Legend x106 and/or Legend Factory, neither one has metal.

180 x88 is

It’s perfect in that length, way better than the longer one.
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Yes, as another in the over 200 category, the 180 x88 is a thoroughbred beast. Lots of fun if you have the confidence to get to let her go.
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Flat out it skis better. 186 is just meh unless you are only doing Long open turns. 180 is still fully calm and locked in at those speeds too. Maybe if I could always ski like a downhiller, but people and conditions usually keep me from doing that.
    Wanting something 80’s waisted, strong carver on firm, wide enough to handle spring slushy, essentially something for conditions like right now when it hasn’t snowed in nearly two weeks and is really warm. Not after a detuned racer ski like a speed zone - needs to be a bit more versatile and something that wont kick my butt in moguls.

Was looking at the 180 x88 but you guys comments above give me pause. If you all 200+ and the 180 is plenty then it almost certainly is too much for me @ 165. Can’t imagine dropping down to 173 so wondering if the 177 x84 is the ticket.

I believe the x88 has metal, x84 does not. Thats fine and could be good if its better for a lightweight but still has edge grip.

What say you all? Is the x84 my “goldilocks” ski - not to demanding, not too wimpy, just right?

Yeah, I know answer is to go demo but not available locally and pricing is good enough to make an educated bet.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    I'm never owned a Dynastar but have been drooling over those 192 Legends (105 underfoot) that Barkered was on last year. But, even though I follow this thread, I am really confused as to their name - the whole Legend series naming confuses me: is it the "Pro Rider"?? http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...-pro-rider-192

More importantly, I've been trying to find a pair to no avail. Based on your comment, I'm guessing it's next to impossible. Is that right?

I guess I could always go back to a Cochise....
    You can find some online that are located in the EU. Some ship to the US, it's how I found mine.

If you know how to drive a ski, you'll probably be fine on the 180 x88. I've been skiing spring conditions for the past 5 days. I like the x88 for firm mornings and switch to the 188 x106 at lunchtime. I prefer the 188 x106 for full slush.

x84 is an intermediate ski without metal. It won't have the same hard snow prowess of the x88.

I skied the 186 x88 and didn't think it was too much.

I skied the 186 x88 and didn't think it was too much.
    But not as fun as the 180, which is just as stable at the speeds I ski.

This is so disappointing. My cochises died, so I've been back on my old xxl's. I'd forgotten how much I fucking love that ski. None of the new dynastars interest me in the least.

I would pay good money for an xxl with a slightly more modern tip shape with respect to early rise. But none of that tip taper bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Wanting something 80’s waisted, strong carver on firm, wide enough to handle spring slushy, essentially something for conditions like right now when it hasn’t snowed in nearly two weeks and is really warm. Not after a detuned racer ski like a speed zone - needs to be a bit more versatile and something that wont kick my butt in moguls.

Was looking at the 180 x88 but you guys comments above give me pause. If you all 200+ and the 180 is plenty then it almost certainly is too much for me @ 165. Can’t imagine dropping down to 173 so wondering if the 177 x84 is the ticket.

I believe the x88 has metal, x84 does not. Thats fine and could be good if its better for a lightweight but still has edge grip.

What say you all? Is the x84 my “goldilocks” ski - not to demanding, not too wimpy, just right?

Yeah, I know answer is to go demo but not available locally and pricing is good enough to make an educated bet.
    I demoed the 180 x88s last weekend. I'm 5'11", 170 lb with gear. I don't think it will be too much ski for you. Definitely damp with the metal and loves speed. I specifically made slower, short radius turns in multiple areas and snow types to see how those felt. Still got all the benefit of the ski flexing and engaging.

Also skied the legend 94 back to back with the x88. Definitely lighter feel, still good hard snow performance. The shape of the two skis feel quite different. Much better soft snow, off piste control for me on the 94 (partly because I've rarely skied true hard snow, narrow waisted skis before) but the x88s definitely shines as a groomer zoomer charger.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Agreed, the x106 is absolutely one of my favorite new skis and my current daily, but it could benefit from a bit more dampness for a higher speed limit and charging less than perfect snow. In it's present form, it's a Soul7 killer, a sheet of metal would make it a cochise killer, IMO.
    I was seriously impressed by the 106 after skiing it for a couple of days. It's stable, predicable, and fun. IMO if they would put metal in it, it would be a quiver killer.

I got some pretty exciting mail today....

Name:	IMG_1733.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	229096
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

Almost ready to pull the trigger and get a pair of Legend X106´s but can´t really decide if I should get 182 or 188. Skis I own and like are 180 Bonafide and 181 QST106 for touring. On a good day I´m sometimes thinking I should be on longer Bonafides and definitely would ski longer QST´s if mounted alpine. Maybe I have enough midget sticks and now it´s time to man up.

Me 5´7" 155lbs, skiing small hills in Scandiland. Not a charger on TGR standards but looking for stable ski when wanting to push my limits. Going to mmofs alpine

The 188 is the one, if you ask me. But at your size the 182 would probably do fine.

What kind of response do you think you're going to get on TGR?

You're 5'7 155, why on earth would you need the longest length they make? Seriously. It's the pilot, not the boards, and after years (decades) of skiing the longest lengths of skis I'm finally starting to see the light: that the 2% gained in straightline stability is not worth it over the minor gains in maneuverability, swing weight etc. ESPECIALLY if I'm not on a hill the size of whistler every day with new snow every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

I'm 5' 11" and 180. I'm on 182 and they're just fine for me. They're solid yet turny in trees and deeper snow. I can't imagine you would need 188.