Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mid-layer fleece pants recommendations

My treasured Outersport microfleece pants have finally reached the end of the road. Sadly, they are no longer made.
    I love them because:
    • Pull string waist.
    • Two front slash pockets on each side one zippered, one not.
    • Zipper back pocket on right.
    • Zippered bottoms on each leg that help cuffs fit over boots.
    • They are of medium weight, no nylon outer layer, so they breath. I wear them under a two layer pair of Mountain Uniform ski pants. I have never been cold in them.

I cannot seem to find anything comparable. I really like the zippered pockets to help hold things in.

I'd at least like to have a replacement with zippered pockets and wide enough cuffs to fit over boots, and not heavy weight (I have a heavy weight pair, I sweat like a pig in them, even in very cold weather).

REI used to have a "Teton" pants line that had zippered pockets and cuffs, but the new version does away with the zippered cuffs.

Any recommendations?

I suggest a flask of 100 Proof whiskey.

toddball, your link just took me to the top of the Tech Talk forums list.

Quote Originally Posted by patrullr View Post
    toddball, your link just took me to the top of the Tech Talk forums list.
    Where do you patrol at? Maybe they have some free common sense training before the season really starts up?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Sometimes subtlety doesn't work. In fact, it rarely works.
    WRONG FORUM JONG, is what he meant to say.
    https://www.rei.com/product/894802/r...mens-32-inseam
    I just bought these. zipper pockets. Don't know about over boots--I would never wear them that way. I don't think the cuffs are zippered (they're not handy at the moment) and one review says the calves and ankle are tapered, so that might be a deal breaker for you.

Tech Talk Jong!

I don't see what you need but I have a pair from STP (Kenyon) that are awesome and have held up well for several years. Cheap, made in USA, and Polartech. If I remember right they were marketed as a STP house brand when I bought them.

https://www.sierratradingpost.com/ke...nyon~b~1130%2F

https://www.sierratradingpost.com/me...kenyon~b~1130/

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Tech Talk Jong!

I don't see what you need but I have a pair from STP (Kenyon) that are awesome and have held up well for several years. Cheap, made in USA, and Polartech. If I remember right they were marketed as a STP house brand when I bought them.

https://www.sierratradingpost.com/ke...nyon~b~1130%2F

https://www.sierratradingpost.com/me...kenyon~b~1130/
    Do you wear those Kenyons under shell pants or insulated pants?

Seems like ugly fleece pants in either 100 or 200 weight which were easy to find 20 yars ago are just not made any more and why is that ... Fucknose but I think its cuz they are ugly/ outdoorsy/ technical so outdoor clothing companies wana sell something that looks good on a skinny super model or some plaid wearing dude with a beard who can't change a tire, drive a standard or get a chainsaw started let alone sharpen the fucking thing

I guess that was a rant eh ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Do you wear those Kenyons under shell pants or insulated pants?
    Shell. And I only wear them in the midwest where I don't generate enough heat during my 45 second run and 6 minute lift ride. Or for other outdoors stuff like sitting in a tree or super cold soccer games. They are really warm.

My wife wears insulated shells sometimes.

Oldgoat, that link is to the new version of the REI Teton pants. I'm worried that the tapered cuffs will slip off the boot top and into the top of my boot. Any cuffs that find there way into the top of your boot makes pressure points that can be excruciatingly painful after a while. Therefore, over the top of the boot.
    You have a pair? What do you think of them?

MakersTeleMark, If you find a free common sense training that has worked for you, let me know.

Uglymoney, thanks for the links, but those are not quite what I am looking for.

Mid-layer fleece pants recommendations

My treasured Outersport microfleece pants have finally reached the end of the road. Sadly, they are no longer made.
    I love them because:
    • Pull string waist.
    • They are of medium weight, no nylon outer layer, so they breath. I wear them under a two layer pair of Mountain Uniform ski pants. I have never been cold in them.

I cannot seem to find anything comparable. I really like the zippered pockets to help hold things in.

I'd at least like to have a replacement with zippered pockets and wide enough cuffs to fit over boots, and not heavy weight (I have a heavy weight pair, I sweat like a pig in them, even in very cold weather).

REI used to have a "Teton" pants line that had zippered pockets and cuffs, but the new version does away with the zippered cuffs.

Any recommendations?
    Target or Walmart in the active wear sections. They even come with mesh sides which mate up nicely with side zips for venting. No zippered cuffs but the openings are plenty stretchy.

PINK! But wait, it's grey.

Lindahl, LOVE your ski videos
    Where are we going, and what's with this handbasket?

Flowing alpy, which do you personally recommend, from experience?

Ooooh, yeah, I saw a picture of that production line, the next row over they were making the red MAGA baseball caps.

I love them because:
    • Pull string waist.

Any recommendations?
    http://raggedmountain.com/clothing-for-men-68/col-pant

They look nice, thanks for the link.

I like the Marmot fleece pants.

Quote Originally Posted by drakeson View Post
    I like the Marmot fleece pants.
    Marmot makes clothes?

Huh.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

No, he means he likes the fleece pants made from marmot fur. I've heard that marmot fur is incredibly warm and tenaciously durable. The only trick is that the best fur for fleece comes from their underbelly and there ain't exactly a whole lot of real estate down there. So they're crazy expensive. Like lawyers who specializes in suing dentists kind of expensive.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.