Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks. Found one other option for a 2016 Kona wo locally and think I'm going to go that route. Just a touch more expensive, but a better group and better tires.

Better bike for sure. Have fun with it!

Thanks for the help!

^^^ looks well set up.

Used?

How much coin?

2016 model. Used (but barely). $875. The guy said he was $1900 into it. I think msrp is right around there for this vintage. He has a son in law that works for a bike shop now, so must be just trying to cover expenses on the next one.

Seth

Well done. Have fun with it

Ride the shit out of it!

Nice purchase. Sell the Jim’s and get a more durable tire (minion?) and some studs, the latter being more important. Have fun

Jim's are okay for dirt. I've got a set of Nate take offs I'd sell for a decent price. 120tpi, ridden 3x on dirt. Also have a Bud and Nate with grip studs I may sell if the GF doesn't get her own fatty

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Jim's are okay for dirt. I've got a set of Nate take offs I'd sell for a decent price. 120tpi, ridden 3x on dirt. Also have a Bud and Nate with grip studs I may sell if the GF doesn't get her own fatty

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That sounds great, but I think my budget is blown. Could work out a trade, though, if I have anything you may need.

Seth

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    2016 model. Used (but barely). $875. The guy said he was $1900 into it. I think msrp is right around there for this vintage. He has a son in law that works for a bike shop now, so must be just trying to cover expenses on the next one.

Seth
    Nice! I have a Wo as well. First yr they made them. She's a tank, but has served me well with some minor upgrades. Rog sold it to me on a deal and he swapped the bars immediately as they came with beach cruisers bars the first year.

I'm riding a Moose. $999 CAD shipping incl. I've had it for 2 years. No complaints.

https://moosebicycle.com/en/bicycles...at-bike-2.html
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Okay Seth, now that gives rise to a great solution to the lawn tractor issue.

1) Obtain BOB trailer frame, preferably w/o the expensive buggy it holds.
    2) Obtain reel mower.
    3) Detach reel mower's wheeled blade array from handle.
    4) Chop & adapt BOB frame to width of wheeled blade array.
    5) Fatbike your lawn to Augusta National quality, during Masters season.

Meanwhile, you can have fun riding on snow.

Snow, sand, turf or anything soft.

You could ride over Stucki and you still wouldn’t be happy.

The KonaBOB could trim stuckie's hair if we planted him upright at the proper depth.

This sounded like a really good idea until I started looking at the prices of Bob trailers. After factoring in the fabrication time, the 6 trips to Home Depot to get the stuff that I forgot the other 5 times, and the reel mower, I'm way ahead financially just ordering a new motor. Plus, I'm guessing that even having this discussion has already voided any warranty that I would ever have with BOB. :-)

New motor arrives next week.

Incidentally, I got out on the Wo today at lunch at the trail I generally ride on my full suspension 29er. Man. Suspension has really spoiled me. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how nimble it was. Still working out tire pressure. I was running about 10.5 rear and 10 front, but was on frozen dirt. Need more data... :-)

Seth

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    This sounded like a really good idea until I started looking at the prices of Bob trailers. After factoring in the fabrication time, the 6 trips to Home Depot to get the stuff that I forgot the other 5 times, and the reel mower, I'm way ahead financially just ordering a new motor. Plus, I'm guessing that even having this discussion has already voided any warranty that I would ever have with BOB. :-)

New motor arrives next week.

Incidentally, I got out on the Wo today at lunch at the trail I generally ride on my full suspension 29er. Man. Suspension has really spoiled me. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how nimble it was. Still working out tire pressure. I was running about 10.5 rear and 10 front, but was on frozen dirt. Need more data... :-)

Seth
    True home-shop Nikola Teslas don't have to visit HDepot etc. $$ / time saved there. I did say "w/o the expensive buggy" - cost of BOB is the fancy buggybox tent thing mostly, frame a cheap assembly thing.

I have faith in your KonaBOB project and if you make a Patreon it may fund itself. Cripes, look at BKXC getting his dorky videos & trips paid for by others!

Re: tire pressure- How much do you weigh and what size tires?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Re: tire pressure- How much do you weigh and what size tires?
    Asking in general?

150-175 depending on fatness level and pack or no pack at any given time.

Have run as low as 3-4 in snow, 10-12 in dry.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Well, sure. Actually I was asking sethshmautz because I know he has 26" wheels on his new bike.

26x4 on dry ground, at your weight, I would think 8-10 rear and 7-9 front, 4.6 drop a half psi. 27.5 would be different due to shorter sidewalls and lower volume overall so I would think a half to one psi higher. This is assuming rim width of ~80mm. Sometimes we ride some pretty sharp, rocky areas so I could see a touch higher but then it gets bouncy so I have a hard time liking that.

As far as snow and really cold riding I know a lot of people like super low but I still find rim strikes a problem below ~6psi but I understand the need for better tire wrap if it's even just a little bit soft so I've been lucky between 4-6 and not had a tire roll or burp but I know plenty of people that have had that happen and leave them walking out or just having a hard time on a nearly flat tire. I think that as the sidewall gets beat up from running low pressures it gets soft and becomes more prone to failure especially on the older rims that aren't really tubeless appropriate or have been set up in some of these ghetto tubeless setups that people are so fond of.

One factor a lot of people don't seem to take into account in the winter is the temperature. They'll check the pressure at home when the bike is warm then put it on the back of the car and by the time they get to ride it's down 1-3psi. I always bring the pump and check before I ride. All of these numbers are flexible though because there is a pretty big difference in sidewall integrity but in my experience it doesn't fluctuate by more than about a half to one psi unless it's a paper thin tire like the Fat B Nimble or a beast like some of the cheapee Vee or other Chinese crap.

All snow 4lbs and dry 9lbs. Mixed conditions somewhere in between. Winter weight must be 185-190 with all the gear and snow build up depending on temp.

School me on fat bikes - recommendation

I have a digital gauge, but I just squeeze them. You’ll find the sweet spot, we’re your not flatting on various conditions.
    I tend to error on the firmer side.

School me on fat bikes - recommendation

Just saw this. I'm about 195# and am riding 5" Jumbo Jims on 80mm rims. I bumped the rear up to about 12 yesterday and the bike rolled much faster and pogoed a lot less with little degradation in grip. I left the front at 10. This is still on dry hardback.

I'm expecting to reduce a bit when the snow flies and contribute to play around with it.

I also have a digital meter which is giving me hard data until I have enough experience to gauge by ride characteristics.

Seth