Light touring Vail area

Moved to the Vail valley... would love to get out and get to know the BC in that area. I'm old and slow.... , but I can usually bring beer.

I get out in Summit County more weekends than not if you make your way east very often.

I've been meaning to get to know Vail pass more. Certainly interested in meeting up for a tour sometime. I'm not sure that I'm slow, but I have a low danger threshold which means keeping it under 30-degrees in CO most of the winter.

Light touring Vail area

North side of VP is pretty good place to start. Also up around Yeoman Park can be good. I am living over there sometimes and will be hitting VP on my commute for some early weekday mornings. Could meet up sometime.

ETA I am fat, slow, and drink a lot of beer. However, I do have avalanche training.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    North side of VP is pretty good place to start. Also up around Yeoman Park can be good. I am living over there sometimes and will be hitting VP on my commute for some early weekday mornings. Could meet up sometime.

ETA I am fat, slow, and drink a lot of beer. However, I do have avalanche training.
    Can you say more about this Yeoman Park -- I see the campground when I'm googling it, but I can't imagine road is cleared all the way up there? Maybe some coordinates so I can snoop on caltopo?

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Can you say more about this Yeoman Park -- I see the campground when I'm googling it, but I can't imagine road is cleared all the way up there? Maybe some coordinates so I can snoop on caltopo?
    Sorry, it is sled access. Or skin to the huts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, its a place to start. I can usually make weekends work, and with some planning some week days. I'm fairly open this weekend, if there's any snow to be had. Drop me a PM, I'm in.

My avy training is SUPER old and from the east coast, but I'm not completely clueless. Happy to go out with anyone with some training, and common sense. Let me know about this weekend...