Next day arrival
    Mendoza, Argentina (MDZ)
    16hrs 14min - 2 Stops
    Change planes in Atlanta, GA (ATL)
    Change planes in Santiago, Chile (SCL)
    $1,056
    per person
    Select

It seems like prices have been going sideways since I started checking about 10days ago. This is by far the best itinerary.

Prices from SEA-BUE have gone up about $100 since I started checking a month ago. Hrmm...
    I hate the airline gamble game.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Quote Originally Posted by hop
    Prices from SEA-BUE have gone up about $100 since I started checking a month ago. Hrmm...
    I hate the airline gamble game.
    Yep, as soon as I went to buy, they jumped up $100. I'm gonna try and call some travel agents/wholesalers next week.

Anyone have BA hotel recommendations?

Squirrel I might be interested in your Marriot hook up but am trying to find something other than one of the big international chains if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit
    Anyone have BA hotel recommendations?

Squirrel I might be interested in your Marriot hook up but am trying to find something other than one of the big international chains if possible.
    pnw...check out the united airlines site ....click on the hotels tab at the top of the home page, then enter buenos aires in the "other cities" box and search, it will give you plenty of chain and non chain hotels to choose from... another place to search is the "bootsnall" web site, a nice feature of the site is that there are usually some locals in/near buenos aires that post their email addresses, so you can get a first hand recommendation that way.. click on "ask an insider" near top right on the home page.. take a look at this link from the bootsnall board http://boards.bootsnall.com/eve/ubb..../m/90700201216
    Last edited by up an down; 07-10-2005 at 08:23 AM.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

If I can help with anything give me a shout, we have been organising trips to South America for 5 seasonsnow.

Splat - long time no hear - I'll be in LL again on the 23rd August - are you around?

Trigger Pulled, SA here I come!
    Sept 1 (arriving MDZ Sept 2 at 1050am) to Oct 26 BIIIITTTTCCCCHHHH!!!
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Quote Originally Posted by hop
    Trigger Pulled, SA here I come!
    Sept 1 (arriving MDZ Sept 2 at 1050am) to Oct 26 BIIIITTTTCCCCHHHH!!!
    Hah, see you on LanChile, fool! Looks like you're on the same schedule as Girlski, Tyrone, LPH, tele-kyler and I. Not sure if Arty is meeting us a few days later or on the same flight.

(well...except you get to stay through october and we all leave much earlier )

Does anybody have any recommendations for a hostel in (or near) Sanitiago? We're flying out of Santiago after visiting Bariloche and LL, and we're thinking about getting there a day or two early and checking out Valle Nevado.

If you consider Valparaiso near Santiago (it's an hour or so west by bus) check out the Luna Sonrisa on Cerro Allegre. Owner writes the Footprints guide to Chile. Valpo is head and shoulders cooler than Santiago.
    Elvis has left the building

It f-ing on!!!!

DIA>MDZ 9/3
    MDZ>DIA 9/17

Going to Las Lenas, no other plans yet.

edit: I just gonna dump stuff in here that others may have interest in.

Semi-helpful fourm
    Last edited by Foggy_Goggles; 07-28-2005 at 02:15 PM.

I'll be in Lenas from Aug. 20-Sept. 10, and I'm in talks with Holly at laslenasski.com to get into Corbus apartments with some other groups. These are people who haven't booked yet and are looking for additional people to diffray the cost, so if anyone wants to stay during these weeks (Saturday to Saturday), send me a PM and I'll talk to Holly.

Quote Originally Posted by cj001f
    If you consider Valparaiso near Santiago (it's an hour or so west by bus) check out the Luna Sonrisa on Cerro Allegre. Owner writes the Footprints guide to Chile. Valpo is head and shoulders cooler than Santiago.
    Thanks for the advice - Valparaiso looks intriguing.

It's official, Corbus apartment booked from Aug. 20 - Sept. 10.

i'm a SA jong, but I'll be down Sept 4-14th. any mags anywhere else besides Lenas?

In case it helps anyone get there cheaper:
    Alaska Airlines Newsletter:
    Exciting news: We start flying to Mexico City today! Our Mexico City Intro Sale offers fares starting from $99 (USD) one way. Just buy your ticket by the end of the month and be home by December 15, 2005. And earn Double Miles while you're at it (for travel through September 27, 2005).

For any Bouldenver maggots on the fence about heading to SA there are some fares on Travelocity from DEN to BA in the $550.00 range with a good amount of available dates:

Travelocity DEN to EZE

The 2nd week crew looks strong to rediculously strong. I just got my Mendoza hostel reservations. I'm looking for a bed 9/5 to 9/10-11ish. in Las Lenas. I've anyone knows of anything, let me know.

Treskow, what's you status?

watch out for foggy, that kid will totally try to steal your line.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

I'm looking to stay until the end of the month, maybe do some other travelling as well, maybe find a job, work on an organic farm, live with host family, head over to chile and do some fishing, climbing, skiing, ahhh the opportunities abound!

getting stoked! yeehaw! thank Jon!
    There's a world out there full of color, dreams, and imagination. What are you waiting for?

Last Minute LL trip planning

I'm trying to hookup with some others on the 25 aug - 3 sep Las Lenas trip. I haven't booked anything yet because a friend of mine here in CA had planned on going with, but now he's backed out. I will go solo if I have to, but I'd rather share lodging to save some $$$. Do any of you guys going on those dates have space where you're staying?

Per first post here is a few folks that might be able to help you out.
    AUG 25 - SEPT 3
    PNWBrit + 5 - apart hotel
    Artie Fufkin - apart hotel
    Mach Looney - corbus #7
    Goldenboy- aug17-sep6
    Merlyn-aug 28-sep2 corbus #7 (bariloche- 16-23)
    Enlosandes?
    "dad, do Unicorns poop."

Quote Originally Posted by 106Chick
    I'm trying to hookup with some others on the 25 aug - 3 sep Las Lenas trip. I haven't booked anything yet because a friend of mine here in CA had planned on going with, but now he's backed out. I will go solo if I have to, but I'd rather share lodging to save some $$$. Do any of you guys going on those dates have space where you're staying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterski
    Per first post here is a few folks that might be able to help you out.
    AUG 25 - SEPT 3
    PNWBrit + 5 - apart hotel
    Artie Fufkin - apart hotel
    Mach Looney - corbus #7
    Goldenboy- aug17-sep6
    Merlyn-aug 28-sep2 corbus #7 (bariloche- 16-23)
    Enlosandes?

Hi – My girlfriend and I booked through laslenasski.com (from Whistler), and they were very helpful. They booked us into the Corbus apartments with a couple of strangers – I think our apartment (Corbus #2) is full, but maybe give them a call (ask for Holly, although she may have left for LL already) and see if any of the other apartments have some extra space.

106, I just got a flight, I need a place to stay too. I can't wait. My man Machlooney (cause he goes, you guessed it: mach looney) talked me into going. Can't let him have all the fun can I?

Artie, I got one of those cheeeeeep tickets out of Denver. Wahoo!

Yes, if any of you have an extra bed, I would love to have some of it. I'll be in Lenas Aug 29 or 30 to Sep 10, unless it's snowing, then I'll stay longer. I don't leave BA until the 22. I am not above sleeping on a floor and cooking for rent, if I can't pay for a bed.

I pissed of friends, family, GF, and job, so I could go to Lenas, and I'm quite proud of myself.
    Last edited by SpacemanSpiff; 08-08-2005 at 04:11 PM. Reason: crappy grammar

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff
    I pissed of friends, family, GF, and job, so I could go to Lenas, and I'm quite proud of myself.
    Well, if this is any indication, you made the right decision.
    These friends of mine at SAski are having a good time, I'd say...

On the housing note, I think Foggy is looking into a place for that first week. Anyone else still looking for a bed may want to drop him a pm.

3 weeks, 3 weeks, 3 weeks!!!! ahhhhhh, I can't wait!