Had to add this:

Name:  Screenshot_20180309-203341.png
Views: 676
Size:  241.9 KB

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgEOz0mgAbi/

Fresh and Deep.
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

Yeah it’s not fun but my girlfriend is a beginner and she goes slow on groomers. It’s more fun than sitting in the lodge taking turns. I had my baby on chest because I snowboard but if I was on skis, I would put him in the back...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by b0iledh0td0g View Post
    Yeah, but you can share it with them when they can actually comprehend it. What's the rush?
    Again, the benefit is mostly yours: feeling like your sharing something with your child. But the immense risk is shared by both you an your baby and if daddy takes a tumble and bad stuff happens, you may not be sharing anything with your child ever again.

you must just be a shitty skier

Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    you must just be a shitty skier
    This. Why would daddy take a tumble? Some people are capable of skiing with a baby strapped on very, very safely. This includes deciding when and where it's a good idea. Some people aren't capable of this and shouldn't do it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

this tiny baby

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0954.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	372.7 KB 
ID:	317869

is this guy

Name:	IMG_9429.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	312.1 KB 
ID:	317870

Name:	IMG_9575.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	422.2 KB 
ID:	317871

just sayin’
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Saw some woman skinning up (inbounds) today with a kid in a front holster. It was full mashed potatoes, with hot grabby snow that wanted to double eject you. Solely based on her skinning technique, she's not a great skier. Hopefully the kid survived.

lol people taking their infants skiing is about as dumb as those people who bring their infants mountain biking or to metallica shows. you've got 18 years to introduce your kids to all the things you love, it doesn't all have to get done in the first 6 months.

I just want to briefly say some of my earliest good memories are from being carried around in the backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I just want to briefly say some of my earliest good memories are from being carried around in the backpack.
    That's impressive recall memory. Most cannot recall much of anything before age 3 or so, unless its traumatic.

I'm lazy... can someone link the "what pack should you use take your kid skiing" thread in here?

Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    you've got 18 years to introduce your kids to all the things you love.

Name:	IMG_1797.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	307.3 KB 
ID:	318464
    Here's two things I love, surfing and breasts. Is this ok?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B82fZjxB...on_share_sheet

When I was skiing in the Dolomites I read in the paper that a German couple had a kid in the backpack skiing and it fell asleep and long story short had both legs frostbitten and amputated. Just be super careful with kids, please. I am all for getting out, but be careful. Think what's best not just for you, but for everyone.
    My kids all ski and I spent tons of time with them in baby bjorn front things and backpacks, but never skiing. Just not worth it for me and my family. I took them snowshoeing, hiking, and in the Chariot bike trailer on bike paths. Dragged around in a sled. So much fun to be had with the little ones that is super fun and less risky. I even went XC skiing and rented a chariot pulk thing once. THAT was tough! It's really nice to take a break from lift-served skiing for a season or two and just go a few times if at all.

FAKE baby. REAL boobs!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post

Name:	IMG_1797.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	307.3 KB 
ID:	318464
    Here's two things I love, surfing and breasts. Is this ok?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B82fZjxB...on_share_sheet

One of my favorite memories is having my Daughter in a backpack,. Stopped to rest after a longish run, Kid piped up Go Daddy Go!
    At the time I thought, Kid give your old man a break, this ain't easy!

When she started skiing she could barely stand on skis so we held a pole for her to hold on to and hunched over next to her. Got through that stage and saw an instructor using a hula hoop to support a similar age kid. Wish I had known about the hula hoop!

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    I'm lazy... can someone link the "what pack should you use take your kid skiing" thread in here?
    I'm sure others use different brands, but I really like this one: https://www.kelty.com/journey-perfectfit-elite/

Fit customizes to me and my wife pretty quickly / easily, plenty of storage for all the stuff that inevitably needs to be brought along, and a good wet storage slot for skins and/or diapers. If I could change 1 thing, I would make the sunshade a bit wider...it only works well if the sun is directly overhead.

The front carrier style option works well when they are tiny, but quickly doesnt work when they get heavier. And I have no idea how that would work getting on/off a lift. With a backpack it is super easy to set it on the lift. And also super easy to set down so you can transition / buckle your boots / etc.

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    Something that (1) fits your torso, (2) is made my a major pack manufacturer (Kelty, Gregory, etc.), and (3) is for sale for cheap on your local craigslist/parent facebook group/nextdoor/whatever. Lots of people buy kid backpacks thinking they're going to hike with their kid every weekend, they do it once, everyone hates it, and they sell the pack for not much money.