SPAM: Kickstarter duffel bag project live!

Hey folks!
    Long time caller, then long time troll, now long time lurker here with my new Kickstarter project.

You see, its just a simple duffel bag that is made really, really well. Thats it. A really nice gear bag for all your shit, all without costing an arm and a leg.

http://kck.st/2mFib2H

Check out the link if you'd like!

Thanks!
    JC

Is the mesh you are using similar to Lenomesh?

I'm not familiar with Lenomesh, but if you were to dissect it, the material is made from strong nylon thread, which is "dipped" in a sort of plastic then woven together. The closest material most folks see is the mesh on patio furniture.

Hey look at what's in my bag... nice stuff. Window shopping, lets jack it now! Yay for allowing in dust, dirt n junk too. Not to mention also letting in those damaging uv and ir rays into the bag to further degrade said expensive goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by ichibaneye View Post
    Hey look at what's in my bag... nice stuff. Window shopping, lets jack it now! Yay for allowing in dust, dirt n junk too. Not to mention also letting in those damaging uv and ir rays into the bag to further degrade said expensive goodies.
    You're just afraid someone will spot the second hand used undies you have in there.

Juan, thanks for clarifying.

@ichibaneye You must be fun at parties.

How is it better/different than this?:

https://gilibags.com/collections/the...s/the-gear-bag
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

@makerstelemark Good question. There is a lot we can't tell to try ad compare the manufacturing/fabrics. There are others out there that make mesh bags for sure! Some of them are even pretty good!
    1. I'd say that it's not generally advisable to use a locking zipper on a bag, as they are more sensitive to wear, I prefer coil-style zippers beyond that, but there isn't much difference in terms of durability aside from the zipper pull.
    2. My zipper pulls are brass, and I've personally worked on bags with 40 year #10 YKK coil zippers and they've still be in working order. The Gill ones are plastic, which may also last as long, but again- it is a preference thing.
    3. I use Nylon webbing, which I prefer over polyester, as it feels better in the hand, and looks mo-better.