Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    I need a fairly cheap laptop I can leave in truck skiing/biking/camping and not worry if damaged or lost. Anyone been looking at those? Maybe $250 range? Only needs to be most simplistic functionality but chromebook doesn't sounds like my style. Basic connectivity to compose long client emails, look at pdf's and simple spreadsheets, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I need a fairly cheap laptop I can leave in truck skiing/biking/camping and not worry if damaged or lost. Anyone been looking at those? Maybe $250 range? Only needs to be most simplistic functionality but chromebook doesn't sounds like my style. Basic connectivity to compose long client emails, look at pdf's and simple spreadsheets, etc.
    You're exactly asking for a Chromebook. Don't sell em short

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Hmm, I re-read about them I guess. I thought they had lots of limitations.
    Man I really hate shopping.

Costco had quite a number of laptop deals in a circular they sent out. You might look there.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

25% off at Dick's, which includes Yeti. Only mentioning because it's the only sale on Yeti I've seen.

Disclaimer, I think Yeti is way overpriced, but some folks might not care, and there's no alternative to their Hopper Two top-zip cooler. Combined with 8% back at Ebates, and the Dick's cash bonus, I imagine this is the best deal you'll find on Yeti.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Anyone see any screaming deals on a dremel 4000 series tool?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Hmm, I re-read about them I guess. I thought they had lots of limitations.
    Man I really hate shopping.
    If it's strictly a browsing/email machine Chromebooks are plenty capable. Use Google sheets and docs and you'll be able to view and edit all but the most complicated spreadsheets.

Plus if you're an office 365 user you can probably use the web based office package.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    You guys are aware that most of the items being hawked for super-marked down prices on Black Friday/Cyber Monday are either C-grade/blemished items, or items manufactured to lower QC standards specifically to be sold at these events, right? I'll pass.
    debbie downer strikes again!

maybe this is the case with some electronics, but that's not true for most sporting goods and clothing items. and typically, electronic companies inform you if its a blemished item. most retailers make an absurd amount of money during the end of the 4th quarter, and the prices reflect competition between companies to get your dollars. backcountry.com does something like 50-60% of their sales during the time period from black friday to christmas.

black friday / cyber monday are just a capitalistic response to a capitalistic holiday.

bonobos.com 35% off everything on their site today, code: Monday

I really like their jeans. Yeah I said it.

The Travel Jeans are great but at $108 they're too expensive. But at $70 they're a pretty good value.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Performance Bike has most of the store 20/50% off.
    I'm guessing this is as much BF as it is bankruptcy and the need to raise cash fast: ASE, owner of Performance Bicycle and ASI, files for Chapter 11.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    bonobos.com 35% off everything on their site today, code: Monday

I really like their jeans. Yeah I said it.

The Travel Jeans are great but at $108 they're too expensive. But at $70 they're a pretty good value.
    Are those the ones you ski in?