Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Yeah, I seriously doubt that if there is a Heaven that Charlie is anywhere near it. He's probably bending over for the soap in Hell and getting what he truly deserves. Multiple times.
    No way. Satan gave him a fist bump, a big hug, and an office with a view.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Man, for such a extreme leftist liberal you show zero tolerance for mental illnesses bro. hashtag vibes.....
    Well, Adam Lanza was probably mentally ill as well, but I don't forgive him for murdering 20 children at Sandy Hook Elementary.

There are limits.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Glad he's gone.

Aside: Did you guys know that death penalty cases typically cost taxpayers $1M more than keeping someone in prison for life (and the costs are frontloaded instead of spread over time)?

See: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...s-at-work/amp/
    All kinds of efforts have been made to publicize the costs associated with applying the death penalty. But on every thread devoted to Manson today, there will be thousands posting about the ‘$ saved if we killed him off years ago’. Perception and so-called common sense are well insulated from facts.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    All kinds of efforts have been made to publicize the costs associated with applying the death penalty. But on every thread devoted to Manson today, there will be thousands posting about the ‘$ saved if we killed him off years ago’. Perception and so-called common sense are well insulated from facts.
    Everybody is an expert on everything.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I think it was more about who he killed rather than how many. That and how bizarre the entire story of his 'cult' was along with the blood writing at the scenes.
    Exactly...if the Victims where nobody's then the impact would have been less...but Tate and Folger where celebrities and socialites and 'Merica is obsessed with Celebrity. The whole Beatles angle added immensely to the Cache as well...and using victim's blood to leave messages amped up the sense of the macabre. The spelling mistake only strengthened that the US education system has let her children down.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    Well, Adam Lanza was probably mentally ill as well, but I don't forgive him for murdering 20 children at Sandy Hook Elementary.

There are limits.
    Try not to get too emotional, snowflakes melt in the heat.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Pettiness and hate, it's what keeps this place alive.
    Manson ripped apart peoples lives. I really can't comprehend what you are implying.

I expect dumb-ass jock comments from Viva, still makes me wonder though why I come here to read such shit.

I'll miss having Charlie around. He was my original bogey man as a kid. Thoroughly freaked out by Heller Skelter at way too young an age. But his notoriety was the pop culture timing, Sharon Tate, LA, the outrageousness of the scene, his love and manipulation of media all combined. As evil as he is, he is a pretty interesting character with an abysmally horrific childhood. No sympathy for him, but there are equal or worse characters that inhabit the world. Not worth getting too worked up over him

Years ago, I was working at a Bay Area company and some new exec trying to rah rah at an all hands meeting told everyone she wanted us to "drink the koolaid" and be enthusiastic. There were several people at the company that had lost family members at Jonestown. The silence in that room spread rapidly and was deafening

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Glad he's gone.

Aside: Did you guys know that death penalty cases typically cost taxpayers $1M more than keeping someone in prison for life (and the costs are frontloaded instead of spread over time)?

See: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...s-at-work/amp/
    The innocent people sentenced to death (https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/innocen...reed-death-row https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/executed-possibly-innocent) bother me a lot more, but yeah, the money aspect really twists the knife.

Even among conservatives, momentum does seem to be building to finally abolish it. For better or worse, fiscal arguments are one of the main arguments.
    http://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/...ncluding-utah/
    http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/10/1...ative-session/

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Do you guys really hate (HATE) Manson that much? That shit occurred fifty years ago. Just another BFD for me. Like whoever killed poor OJ's ex-wife- that was over twenty years ago. Let sleeping water lie, or it's dogs under the bridge.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    my question is, how much money did that cost tax payers to keep that piece of shit alive. fuck 'em, off with their head!

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I'll miss having Charlie around. He was my original bogey man as a kid. Thoroughly freaked out by Heller Skelter at way too young an age. But his notoriety was the pop culture timing, Sharon Tate, LA, the outrageousness of the scene, his love and manipulation of media all combined. As evil as he is, he is a pretty interesting character with an abysmally horrific childhood. No sympathy for him, but there are equal or worse characters that inhabit the world. Not worth getting too worked up over him

Years ago, I was working at a Bay Area company and some new exec trying to rah rah at an all hands meeting told everyone she wanted us to "drink the koolaid" and be enthusiastic. There were several people at the company that had lost family members at Jonestown. The silence in that room spread rapidly and was deafening
    That's an expression that is used far too often by folks who have no idea what it means. Sure, they may want it to mean something fun and happy, like maybe the electric kool-aid acid tests. In reality land it is gruesome.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    ... Like whoever killed poor OJ's ex-wife- that was over twenty years ago...
    Howdy white folks. Just wanted to let you know that with the end of my unfortunate incarceration, I'm back to lookin!

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    my question is, how much money did that cost tax payers to keep that piece of shit alive. fuck 'em, off with their head!
    Right on cue!

Quote Originally Posted by OJ View Post
    Howdy white folks. Just wanted to let you know that with the end of my unfortunate incarceration, I'm back to lookin!
    You get 'em Juice!

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I use the phrase "drink the Kool-Aid" regularly, and I know exactly what it means, what it is referencing, and the morbidity of it. I use it contextually to drawn attention to the dangers of group thinking. I also enjoy referring to places as "like Jonestown, the morning after," although I don't get to trot that one out as often.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    That's an expression that is used far too often by folks who have no idea what it means. Sure, they may want it to mean something fun and happy, like maybe the electric kool-aid acid tests. In reality land it is gruesome.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Manson ripped apart peoples lives. I really can't comprehend what you are implying.

I expect dumb-ass jock comments from Viva, still makes me wonder though why I come here to read such shit.
    What Manson was responsible for was horrible and he deserved to punished according to the law but I can't muster the hate and pettiness being exhibited here. All the sentiments about him getting ass raped by pineapples and swastikas is silly. Do you harbor this much animosity towards every convicted murderer? Life must be miserable for you and the others here. What I and others have posted has nothing to do with forgiveness for Manson and his followers or any other mass murderer it's about not carrying around hate for anyone or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    i don’t need to hate him to hope he gets swastica butt plug
    So how would sticking a swastika up the ass of Charles Manson's corpse do any good? Would it harm him? Would it make the person doing it feel good? Wouldn't an act like that be pretty much on the level of people like Manson did, even if in the 'spirit of revenge'?

The guy is dead, good, move on.

What Manson was responsible for was horrible and he deserved to punished according to the law but I can't muster the hate and pettiness being exhibited here. All the sentiments about him getting ass raped by pineapples and swastikas is silly. Do you harbor this much animosity towards every convicted murderer? Life must be miserable for you and the others here. What I and others have posted has nothing to do with forgiveness for Manson and his followers or any other mass murderer it's about not carrying around hate for anyone or anything.
    The reason Manson and his cult generate so much immediate hatred is because there is a general trust amongst humans. When we drive on the road, we trust that some lunatic is not going to play chicken with us with his 18 wheeler. When we walk around a mall or park, we trust that there is no crazed sniper with an AR-15 deciding to pick people off like partridges. When we go to a movie theater, we trust no one is going to yell "Fire!". It is like a pact amongst us....that we don't flip out and go crazy.

I have no problem with artists who try to shock the audience or the world into examining things from a different angle...in fact it is often needed.

But Charles Manson was no artist. The Aurora Colorado theater shooter was no artist. Adam Lanza was no artist. They were people who, mental illness or not, decided to play god and decimated the lives of innocent families....and for that trespass they do indeed deserve to rot in the depths of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    The reason Manson and his cult generate so much immediate hatred is because there is a general trust amongst humans. When we drive on the road, we trust that some lunatic is not going to play chicken with us with his 18 wheeler. When we walk around a mall or park, we trust that there is no crazed sniper with an AR-15 deciding to pick people off like partridges. When we go to a movie theater, we trust no one is going to yell "Fire!". It is like a pact amongst us....that we don't flip out and go crazy.

Dude, speak for yourself. General trust among humans? I don't fucking think so. I don't trust anyone farther than I could throw them, and I'm not a terribly strong guy. Humans are self-serving to a fault, and most people would step on their own mother's throat to get ahead.

Hell huh? Which invisible deity do you worship?

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Dude, speak for yourself. General trust among humans? I don't fucking think so. I don't trust anyone farther than I could throw them, and I'm not a terribly strong guy. Humans are self-serving to a fault, and most people would step on their own mother's throat to get ahead.
    I think your viewpoint on humanity is entirely blemished by your own past. I feel sad for people with such a negative viewpoint.

I really don’t have time to think of Charles Manson or really care whether he is dead or live. I remember when the Sharon Tate incident occurred and all the hoop law that went with it. Manson was different in that in the years that followed the incident he never showed remorse but was kept in the public eye. I recall that he was always saying crazy stuff in jail to the fact that he was above the law. His murders occurred at a very volatile time in their history of this country. I consider serial murderers like David Berkowitz when I think of Charles Manson. However Berkowitz just rot away in prison and will never Be freed. It was the same with Manson. Although as time went on he seem to come up for parole on many occasions, during the first 10 or so years of his incarceration he was happy to be in jail. I think that I will never think of him again

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I really don’t have time to think of Charles Manson or really care whether he is dead or live. I remember when the Sharon Tate incident occurred and all the hoop law that went with it. Manson was different in that in the years that followed the incident he never showed remorse but was kept in the public eye. I recall that he was always saying crazy stuff in jail to the fact that he was above the law. His murders occurred at a very volatile time in their history of this country. I consider serial murderers like Alan Berkowitz when I think of Charles Manson. However Berkowitz just rot away in prison and will never Be freed. It was the same with Manson. Although as time went on he seem to come up for parole on many occasions, during the first 10 or so years of his incarceration he was happy to be in jail. I think that I will never think of him again
    Are you talking about David Berkowitz?

Hell huh? Which invisible deity do you worship?
    I'm not an atheist...as atheism is as illogical as fundamentalism. Absolutism doesn't really exist in any of the universes. Essentially,. Atheists, as popularly defined, seem to DECREE that "no god exists". Not that they "don't think a god exists as far as they can ascertain". That's a big difference. One would first have to discern what does the term "god" mean...and that may take a lifetime. But to simply dictate and decree that " a god doesn't exist" in a blanket statement with no philosophical context ventures upon the silly and even stupid in my opinion.

To answer your question, I am a spiritualist and believe in a mutual spirit amongst all living things....if you think that cause to pigeonhole me into some category, so be it.