Using Small Marker Dukes w/ 328 BSL

I have a pair of small dukes I'd like to get some use out of... their advertised max adjustment is up to 325 BSL. My boot has a 328 BSL. It's a tight fit, but snaps in to the dukes with little effort. How dumb/dangerous am I being by using these outside of their advertised specs?

If the screw is flush or one click inside the housing when the boot is in, I'd ski it.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

The rear adjustment screw? It has to be adjusted all the way to max. If I turn it the half turn in necessary for first click, the bindings become more difficult to snap down...

Quote Originally Posted by Captn-See-Had View Post
    How dumb/dangerous am I being by using these outside of their advertised specs?
    The already "heavy" forward pressure is even heavier. IME the longest you can go and be close to correct pressure is 326.

Have you measured the actual BSL. I have a pair of Scarpas that are marked 306 but measure out at about 299. Large Markers go to 305 but cannot accomodate the 306 Scarpas.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Have you measured the actual BSL
    Did not measure them, they were my son's 28.5 Langes marked 326mm. FWIW, Marker also says their "small" frame bindings go to a 265 minimum, and they don't.

Had the same experience with a friend with elf feet. Had to go to Tyrolias to find a frame binding small enough.

The rear adjustment screw? It has to be adjusted all the way to max. If I turn it the half turn in necessary for first click, the bindings become more difficult to snap down...
    Late to the party, but just having the same issue. My take, the adjustment screw does need to be backed out all the way to the last click. My boot goes in hard. But, the screw is flush with the housing. This indicates that the forward pressure is correct based on the specs.

I planned to pull the small Dukes and remount with a large Attack that I have. But, seeing the forward pressure screw flush, as it should be, and still being able to adjust the toe pressure correctly is a good sign to me.

Good call to measure the actual BSL. My prior 28.5 boots had a BSL of 324. New 28.5 boots are a 328. Maybe it's just over-measured and is actually <=325, which is a nice added piece of being within spec. That's a good thing when talking bindings. Usually I don't give a shit what the spec is if it works. Flying out of your bindings obviously is no bueno though.
    Now that I've reached 69 posts all communications will be handled via DM.

I have a pair of small dukes I'd like to get some use out of... their advertised max adjustment is up to 325 BSL. My boot has a 328 BSL. It's a tight fit, but snaps in to the dukes with little effort. How dumb/dangerous am I being by using these outside of their advertised specs?
    I got a couple pair of Barons which are the same so just for yucks I put the boot in the binding

I used a big flat screwdriver to pry backward (towards the boot instep ) between the boot shell and the toe piece

I looked at the screw to see how flush it is with the housing and then as I pry I can see how far past flush with the housing I can make the screw go

I can't duplicate your situation ( small AZN feet ) but this might help you to see if you have any clearance and decide if the binding will bind on your boot
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know