Billy goat junkie - want a cheap jibby pow stick - Bentchetler or pettitor 120?

I’m too cheap (because of a cease and desist purchase) to get a Kartel 116, though I would love to try the ski.

Love the 191 BG.

Used bentchetlers and pettitors are cheap as hell. Which would I like more for effing around and trying to act like I can jib?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Closest I got to jibby was cheap automatic. No switch though.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I own:
    - 1st-gen 192cm Bent Chetler

and I have tried:
    - 2nd-gen 185cm Bent Chetler
    - 179cm Pettitor 120

I think you'll have fun on whichever one you choose.

To me, you can get a bit edgier on Pettitors when you want, and you can get a bit slarvier on 1st-gen Bent Chetlers when you want. I'd say my ranked faves would be:
    #1) 1st-gen 192cm Bent Chetler
    #2) 189cm Pettitor 120

...and I don't like the 2nd-gen (current) Bent Chetler much.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

I have some 183cm bent chetler 1.0 and love them. Lots of camber for a ski that wide, extremely poppy and fun, but I have mine mounted pretty far back.

You want them? I have pescados now.

I didnt like the second gen (current?) 192 Benthchetlers. Too stiff and heavy to jib, too center mounted to charge. I probably just didnt “gel” with the specific ski though.. I felt the same way about 190 Bibby Pros, although I liked the Bibbys a lot more and could actually make them work for me somewhat. I couldnt get the newer Bentchets to work..

I currently have 179 Pettitors as my jibby pow/tree ski. Heavy/damp enough to rally my fat ass around at speed(2400g/ski, tons of fiberglass), but noodley soft so I can butter and off-kilter spin around on.

I have an affinity towards K2 skis though, that a lot of other Mags do not share.. so take with a grain of salt

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

ClimberJoe - thanks for the offer. Gonna hunt for some 192.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?