On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Throwing my hat in the ring: Bozeman

Been in town a few days. Have a couple interviews setup for pretty basic entry level stuff. Stuff I am over qualified for.

Looks like basic grunt labor jobs are always available with all the building going on. This is something I am also way qualified for, but attempting at least for a bit to try to find something at least a little more in line with my management/jack of many trades experience.

I know some maggots have solid roots here. Property management assistant, exec assistant, RE agent assistant, etc?

Willing to work extra long days 4 days a week so I can play 3 days kind of stuff.

I am not your average hungover/stoned ski bum kid.

Check out On-Site-Managment (OSM). I worked for them for the first year I lived there as a new timber and log carpenter. Worked four ten hour days, paid fairly and seemed like they hired relatively quality folks. Allowed me to make some connections and eventually move on to other opportunities. Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot available for recent transplants in that town. It's just too transient for an employer to want to invest much until you've been there a year or so unless things have changed. YMMV

Thanks Bronco. I will look into them for sure.

noice. you were living back east prior?
    good luck and holler if you come south this winter to JH
    skid luxury

Yes, said fuck it after close to 7 years back east. Will holler for sure. Plan to come south at least once this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Check out On-Site-Managment (OSM). I worked for them for the first year I lived there as a new timber and log carpenter. Worked four ten hour days, paid fairly and seemed like they hired relatively quality folks. Allowed me to make some connections and eventually move on to other opportunities. Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot available for recent transplants in that town. It's just too transient for an employer to want to invest much until you've been there a year or so unless things have changed. YMMV
    WRG, OSM is a client of mine and a damn good company.

They are busy will all sorts of construction and are hiring.

http://onsitemanagement.com/

Sent my stuff into OSM. Thanks guys.

Welcome to town! I used to scoff at the Bozangeles label, but not anymore.

Where will you be making turns this winter?

As you mentioned, plenty of construction jobs available. I am often looking for good quality help, but not really at the moment. I also don't know of any openings in the areas you mentioned, but I will put some feelers out.

Good luck getting settled!

Thanks greasyslope!

I went crazy this year and bought a BS Gold Pass and a BB pass. Even if I am weekend warrioring it all season I want the freedom to ski both places.

Anyone have inside info on Simms or Earth Elements? Have interviews with both. Simms is less pay, but seems like a good chance to get in the door at a cool company.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Anyone have inside info on Simms or Earth Elements? Have interviews with both. Simms is less pay, but seems like a good chance to get in the door at a cool company.
    My ex-wife works at Simms. What department?

A buddy worked at Earth Elements and seemed to like it before he moved to Dillon.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    My ex-wife works at Simms. What department?

A buddy worked at Earth Elements and seemed to like it before he moved to Dillon.
    Warehouse full time.

Sent you a PM.

Simms is mostly good peeps, save for KC. Lots of long time employees that have been treated well there. Downside is you'll be funding ZInke's gubernatorial run when it comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Simms is mostly good peeps, save for KC. Lots of long time employees that have been treated well there. Downside is you'll be funding ZInke's gubernatorial run when it comes around.
    Ugggh. That is the first thing I've read that's makes me want to stop buying Simms. Even worse since I work for Zinke currently and buy them for work.

So, my hat is still in the ring. Place I have been at the last month is pretty nuts and the crazy just goes deeper and deeper. I gave the place a chance and continue to work my ass off, but management there has some major issues going on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post

I am not your average hungover/stoned ski bum kid.
    So you're an above-average hungover/stoned ski-bum kid?

Not hungover/stoned, but I still have ski bum tendencies from time to time. Don't work when 10" is reported on a Tuesday, so work a full day+ on Saturday/Sunday? Sign me up.

Bumping this up for the 5 people who read this. Gotta make some moves from the current place. Almost a mass mutiny going on it's that bad. Guys are dropping like flies left and right.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Meh, plenty of opportunities around here these days.

Don't burn any bridges but in the end the only person who will look out for you, is you.

Good luck.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"