Contour split hybrid skins?

Everything is pretty settled out in my touring kit, so I can't help messing it all up for the sake of science. I've got three different pairs of csd skins; I'm wondering if I could replace all three with a pair of hybrid split skins from contour. I'd need to cover waist widths from 116 to 96, and I tour mainly in WA, so warm temps. Any thoughts from the collective? Reviews are spotty and don't really address glue performance in warmth, and variable ski widths.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

I got a pair a couple of seasons ago. They worked fairly well for me in mellow skinning conditions, but if it was a steeper track, not so great. I think the main problem was the amount of exposed ski base. IIRC the skins total 78mm, and they were on skis with ~116mm waist, so by the tips and tails I was getting pretty close to half the ski base not covered by the skins.

I was actually about to put them up for sale for cheap soon, but I️ would only recommend them for skinnier sticks, possibly even skinnier than your skinniest skis, but no firsthand experience with a similar set up.

So, unless you aren’t skinning steep tracks, I would say no bueno.

contour hybrid - new wider split skins

Please note that contour now offers 2 different widths of the split skins:

hybrid free - 2x40 mm under foot, ideal for skis measuring 95-108 mm
    hybrid fat free - 2x50 mm under foot, for skis of 108 and more

So make sure you buy the wider ones for those wider planks in order to avoid issues with climbing performance

Best regards, Werner