Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Not sure exactly how it would happen with a jug, but sounds like toe mounted correctly and the heel was botched. That'd give proper centering.
    Agreed.

Nothing to add other than that your avatar gives me the creeps.

And I like your ski and boot choice.
    Shop choice not so much.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bragelonne View Post
    Checked that and the boot is pretty much dead center on the mid sole mark, where I asked the shop to mount them. I guess it's the only thing they got right.
    Now that's nothing but weird!

I know it won't help you in the current situation but it would be really realky interesting to know what method the guy used to determine the hole location in order to end up with this result.

I sure hope they can make it up to you somehow! Go get 'em.

That sucks and it looks like they eff'ed up pretty good. However, if the toe is in the right place so your boot is where you want it, having the heel remounted back a couple centimeters will fix the issue. Do you plan to sell the skis in the near future? If not, I don't think one extra set of heal holes is going to materially affect resale value 2, 3, 5 years down the road. I'd just have them refund you for the botched mount, and re-mount the heels correctly without charge.

I'd have them do as above and give you at least $100 gift card for their shop. But if you want new skis, they definitely owe you new skis.

I had a similar problem recently except they were second hand skis. My boots were so close to fitting in but I was unsure if it was past the limit. Without the boots in, the adjustment would be right at the line. With the boots in, it went past the line even though the forward pressure was correct. According to someone on newschoolers I did not need to redrill but I didn't really trust them. I ended up moving the front up 1.5cm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171106_172757 (1).jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	216470   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171106_180038 (1).jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	216471  

Quote Originally Posted by Bragelonne View Post

Unfortunate that in this day and age accountability for mistakes isn't what it used to be.

TABARNAK D'OSTIE DE CÂLISSE.
    You've got the power to make them accountable. Social media is a great tool. They either make it right or you post anywhere and everywhere about how fucking incompetent they are. Start by talking to the manager and based off his response go from there. Give him a chance to make it right and if he doesn't than fuck em.

I second the refund, remount heals response. If you plan to keep the Skis this shouldn’t matter to much.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I second the refund, remount heals response. If you plan to keep the Skis this shouldn’t matter to much.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    And it's still only 1.5 mounts so if skied a season or 2 won't really kill re sale prices.

I still think you deserve much more compensation. Like mentioned. Talk to manager, they either make it right or release the hounds. Simple.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

I would go talk to the shop manager or owner, so they know what happened. That being said, the entire heel piece is still on the track if you look at the corners of the back of the heel. I would have them re-test and watch to see if there is any play in the heel track before releasing.

Assuming it all looks solid and releases correctly, I would probably just ski them there.

The shop will most likely want to re-drill the heels and throw you some store credit which seems like a pretty fair deal unless you absolutely want a new pair of skis.

People are reporting a less than robust track on the Kingpins. Assuming this to be the case (and properly adjusted, the heel is out of range on the track), then I'd strongly recommend a re-mount.

I'd feel much safer with an extra set of holes (properly plugged, of course), and running the binding to spec. The last thing I want to do is to blast a binding apart at an "inconvenient" time (with consequences).

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

The part that is flimsy with the heel piece is the worm screw track. It's only purpose is to give fore an aft adjustment of the heel piece, and it has nothing to do with the stability of the heel and connection to the actual heel track.

In the picture, you can see that heel piece and the heel track are completely connected. The question becomes whether enough of the worm screw is threaded into the worm track. If so, I'd ski it as is, but that's just me.