Vision 56 & Crazie 88

Has anyone boated both or either of these models? If so, how would you compare them? Did you like them and why?

Thanks.

never boated the 88 but I know someone who does. its a very loose boat that doesnt run anything over class 2+ very well. Loves holes and waves and moves fast and easy.

That's consistent with our experience when we demoed it. The Crazy 88 has a slow hull speed and seens to prefer steeper waves/holes.

People like it for park and play, but we're looking for something with more versatility.

My buddy bought the 88 at the beginning of the season and he's really kinda hot and cold about it. When a wave or hole is pretty sticky he really likes it, especially cause it's lighter than the Kingpin, but otherwise he doesn't like it. He says it feels too big for him unless in sticky stuff. It also leaks like a sive, but that's all Daggers. He also just re-outfitted it with an IR backband like the ones that they put in the Liquid Logics and likes it better, but now it's REALLY hard to get in and out of, but definately helps with performance. Don't know a whole lot about the Vision 45, but one of my friends seems to like his. Another company I've heard a lot of good things about are Jackson boats. I know a lot of people don't like the outfitting, but most people don't outfit them right. There's a real good review on www.durangokayaker.com/superfun.php
    It's written by a local shop owner who talked to Eric Jackson at FIBArk about how to outfit them and there's also a review of the Crazy 88.

Paddled the 3 boats. (3rd being Jackson Allstar) FOund the 88 to be great once you get it properly outfitted... which is no easy task. envolved an ir backband and a seatbelt from a 89 dodge work van. Super easy to through blunts, kickflips and entry loops. not huge ariels however. if you like the kingpin the 88 is about 5X better. lighter, faster, more balanced. great playboat. but don't try anything else in it. LL Vision 44 was the size I tried out. at 155lbs. Didn't take much time getting the outfitting snuged up. boat was good in a hole and has to be the best carving short boat I've paddled. so great for roundhouses and other off grain moves. well ballanced cartwheels (sort of the same feel as a transformer when throwing ends) Slow as heck on a wave and horrible river runner, worse then the 88. but more forgiving in a hole.

Then theres the Jackson All star. I know wasn't part of the question but I don't care! Its by far the best boat I have ever paddled. Replaced the backband for the IR rachet system and once I figured out how the happyfeet bags worked it blew me away. you don't hear alot of good things about the outfitting but it is the best outfitting I have ever been in. easy as heck to get tight, everything is easily adjustable and the the footbags are done right I can be in the most aggressive position I have ever been in a boat or I can let out the air and sit fully extended when taking a break. I love it. (5'11 , 155lbs/ long legs) As for the performance its great. faster than anything (maybe other than the riot inferno) as far as a play boat is concerned. caches waves with ease. once you realize you have to punch your weight forward to initiate the boats speed. carves really well and is super forgiving when you mess up (which is alot in my case) some of the biggest airs I have ever had convinced my to buy the boat. then I bought the "happy thruster" and got a whole lot more pop on my loops. the nose of the boat is slightly uncontrollable. you just kinda have to wait untill you feel the boat leave the water then you can throw down. but the nose just likes to jump around and bounce all over. so if you want constant controll of your boat. maybe not a great choice but I think most people will like the fact the boat wants to leave the water on its own. for anyhitng other then playing. the all star actually does a decent job, forgiving enought and fast enough to punch holes.

Anyway thats enough ranting about the allstar but hope some of this helped. ( I mainly play boated on the Kananaskis on all the boats)