Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Whats up with Lithic Skis?

Sick, any chance we can get a camber shot???
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

You bet, I’ll get it up tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Late but better than never; crappy light but here’s a look unstrapped/strapped.
    I can work on better light later.
    More thoughts after I get some time on em.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1898.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	207.3 KB 
ID:	312684Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1899.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	312685

Gravity always wins...

wow I like that profile. what are the dimensions?

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    You bet, I’ll get it up tonight!

Softball and crickets.
    Man this place is slipping....

That ski looks very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    wow I like that profile. what are the dimensions?
    130-108-117
    29m radius

Gravity always wins...

holy crap - those Cohens look amazing. 118s right?

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    Late but better than never; crappy light but here’s a look unstrapped/strapped.
    I can work on better light later.
    More thoughts after I get some time on em.
    Very nice! Thanks, look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Yeah! So far I’ve got an ongoing boner for them. Great ride- I mostly tour though, so I haven’t got heaps of days on em yet.
    Really balanced and inspiring feel, especially for a ski mounted that far forward- not usually my style.

Gravity always wins...

What happened to the Cohen 110s? How come they are gone from the website? Have a new recommendation for a 108-110 wide PNW ski?

Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    What happened to the Cohen 110s? How come they are gone from the website? Have a new recommendation for a 108-110 wide PNW ski?
    Whoa, that was weird timing as I rarely check these threads...anyhow, we're in the process of updating the website with new art and new models and during the process the Cohen 110 must've been turned off. Sorry about that but it's fixed now. We should have the new website rolling by the end of the month and we're stoked on how everything is looking with the new artist and new shapes. Feel free to email me directly with any questions you have about our skis, bourgeois@lithicskis.com.

Quote Originally Posted by peshastin_proud View Post
    We should have the new website rolling by the end of the month and we're stoked on how everything is looking with the new artist and new shapes.
    Let's see some new skis!! ETA on the update?

Whats up with Lithic Skis?

Ha! I’ve been checkin the site damn near everyday, pretty excited to see what they’ve done as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Ha! I’ve been checkin the site damn near everyday, pretty excited to see what they’ve done as well!!
    Fellas, we're getting there, I promise. We're certainly a few weeks delayed on the site but it'll be well worth it when we launch it soon. Hoping for the next ten days. We're ski makers after all, not website designers. However, if you all know of anyone that would be willing to help us with future seasonal updates for some ski trade then we're all ears. It's tough re-learning photoshop once a year, every year. Either way, it's gonna be a rad winter and that's really all that matters!

Alright, we're about to do a "soft launch" of the site before we blast it on newsletters and social media so please check it out and give me your input, politely please, on if anything is unclear or difficult to navigate. We're genuinely looking for feedback on the site in general and less about the products (since we arrogantly know our skis are incredible) for the time being. Give me a day or two to sort out the site but I'd love to hear you thoughts on the new models and art.

Alright, we're about to do a "soft launch" of the site before we blast it on newsletters and social media so please check it out and give me your input, politely please, on if anything is unclear or difficult to navigate. We're genuinely looking for feedback on the site in general and less about the products (since we arrogantly know our skis are incredible) for the time being. Give me a day or two to sort out the site but I'd love to hear you thoughts on the new models and art.
    Some feedback I think you would be really well served to add information that ON3P has on their website:

- Tip/middle/tail widths
    - Sidecut radius
    - Average weight
    - Backcountry core average weight
    - Differences between stock / soft / stiff flex (like information about the core used)

Especially hard to drop $1k on skis without this information on your website...

The Cohen does look super cool to me and would love to demo a pair.

Navigation is a little odd as it takes multiple clicks to get to a particular model’s info. First it’s the + on the model page next to the particular model, then again for Full Info. Maybe take the Full Info step out?

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Some feedback I think you would be really well served to add information that ON3P has on their website:

- Tip/middle/tail widths
    - Sidecut radius
    - Average weight
    - Backcountry core average weight
    - Differences between stock / soft / stiff flex (like information about the core used)

Especially hard to drop $1k on skis without this information on your website...

The Cohen does look super cool to me and would love to demo a pair.
    That's a good call and it was just honestly missed. We've had that most of that information on the site in the past and we just simply didn't bring it over from the last site. Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    Navigation is a little odd as it takes multiple clicks to get to a particular model’s info. First it’s the + on the model page next to the particular model, then again for Full Info. Maybe take the Full Info step out?
    You're right, that's a bit too much. We've not done the + in the past and it doesn't seem to serve any point except multiple nonessential clicks. Thanks

You're right, that's a bit too much. We've not done the + in the past and it doesn't seem to serve any point except multiple nonessential clicks. Thanks
    Right on, otherwise it looks great. Clean, minimal. Good use of space. Image quality is great.

That's a good call and it was just honestly missed. We've had that most of that information on the site in the past and we just simply didn't bring it over from the last site. Thanks for the input.
    also, we're not on3p and after skiing on their skis last year during an industry demo day we don't want to be. We'll try to add weights to the site but it's a bit difficult with all the custom variations we offer. We'll do our best but if we can't figure it out before the real snow falls then we'll have to put it on the list for next year. We're skiers after all and certainly won't be updating the site when it a potential pow day.

Lol

also, we're not on3p and after skiing on their skis last year during an industry demo day we don't to be.
    ^^ That does sound a bit arrogant. It would seem as though you like your own skis better than others which is a good thing (for you), I just don’t see how the need of talking down on others Will benefit Lithic. Make your own skis stand out and let the skis talk for themselves.

Regarding the site: The info on the two arlos seems to be mixed up with each other. Also the dimensions ( 123-127-130-121-116 ) on the 130? indicates It’s a full on reverse/reverse is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by travel_to_ski View Post
    The info on the two arlos seems to be mixed up with each other.
    This.
    I also would very much like to see camber height for each model.
    Love what you guys did with the Arlos!! I’d be super stoked to try out a pair!

Curious how you would compare and contrast the Joplin 106 vs Cohen 110, particularly for an intermediate-ish PNW skier (Stevens and Baker), heavier (6'1", 250lbs, but out of shape rugby player, not obese..), 85% resort/hiked side country, no real touring, but likely a shift/Cast/fritchi going on it..