Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Hello there. Lws told me about you guys when I got my tour as well. I'm somewhat of a gear whore. I'll be watching. Hope to meet you guys and try some skis this year.
    It'd be a pleasure to meet you as well...let us know whenever you're in the area or skiing Stevens or Mission and we'll do our best to get you on some sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    AWESOME!!!

I'm available for testing the Arlo if
    you’ll train it to behave like an Rx

it will be great if you join us for 18BBI@Alpental
    Deal and I'd also point you in the direction of our Seeger 112...it's a very similar platform to the Rx.

Cool stuff. Are the ski weights anywhere on your website? That’s always helpful info, especially for the BC models.

Quote Originally Posted by STLHD View Post
    Cool stuff. Are the ski weights anywhere on your website? That’s always helpful info, especially for the BC models.
    For sure, those specs are something we're currently in the process of compiling. There is some extrapolation involved since we've not made every iteration of our skis in every length and model but we'll do our best to get that information out soon. In the meantime, however, let me know what model and length you're somewhat interested in and we'll get a weight to you if we have it.

Cheers

What kind of weights are you getting on the 187 ramblin jack?

Could be a goldilocks touring ski for me. Got any demos?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    I’m sending Lithic some BBI stickers
    to help you decorate your new shop.
    Rad, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by peshastin_proud View Post
    Yeah, so the Protest was my favorite shape while we were at Praxis thus we were unashamedly inspired for our Guthrie and Arlo shapes. One significant difference, though, is that we've added a slightly tighter turn radius to the program which I really dig. Honestly, our Arlo 116 is probably the best pow ski I've ever been on and when the pow turns to chop, man, they really shine. The tapered tip doesn't get deflected and tends to just float over all that heavy PNW blocky stuff. I love those sticks!
    LVS told me about you guys last year and I have been watching your product line since.
    I figured your were from the Praxis crew since your shapes are similar.
    The ProTest is my hands down favorite soft snow ski. I immediately noticed the similarity in the Guthrie as well as the Arlo. A better ProTest sounds unpossible but I'm willing to give'er a try. I will be for sure following this thread to hear more about your builds and future designs.
    Planning on coming out to mission to ski with LVS this winter and wouldn't mind demoing some skis. Maybe we can make arrangements so a few of us mags can make the trip and you guys can shred with us and geek out on skis for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    What kind of weights are you getting on the 187 ramblin jack?

Could be a goldilocks touring ski for me. Got any demos?
    Unfortunately, no demos on that ski at the moment but hopefully later this winter. That ski, with our BC core is coming in just over 7 lbs. It’s a ridiculously good BC ski!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    LVS told me about you guys last year and I have been watching your product line since.
    I figured your were from the Praxis crew since your shapes are similar.
    The ProTest is my hands down favorite soft snow ski. I immediately noticed the similarity in the Guthrie as well as the Arlo. A better ProTest sounds unpossible but I'm willing to give'er a try. I will be for sure following this thread to hear more about your builds and future designs.
    Planning on coming out to mission to ski with LVS this winter and wouldn't mind demoing some skis. Maybe we can make arrangements so a few of us mags can make the trip and you guys can shred with us and geek out on skis for the day.
    That all sounds great...we’ll definitely get you on some skis even if I have to unmount my personal Arlos and throw our demo bindings on them. Keep me posted on your visit. We really really like skiing!

That all sounds great...we’ll definitely get you on some skis even if I have to unmount my personal Arlos and throw our demo bindings on them. Keep me posted on your visit. We really really like skiing!

Will do and appreciate the offer.

I really like the ski naming convention.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

^my thoughts exactly. Must be good dudes; they like good music.
    "... when I turn, I just hope it hits me in the face."--Shroder Baker/Under the Influence

Unfortunately, no demos on that ski at the moment but hopefully later this winter. That ski, with our BC core is coming in just over 7 lbs. It’s a ridiculously good BC ski!
    If there's a time that works for you guys, I'd like to come take a look at what you've got. I'm in Wenatchee.

Hey all, the Lithic guys just gave me a heads up about this thread so I figured I'd better chime in. I've been skiing with them and hanging out in the shop a fair bit over the last two seasons, and I was fortunate enough to be involved in developing the Ramblin' Jack last winter. I'm putting myself out there to answer pm's and so forth from you guys about the lineup, and when I get a minute I'll put up some design philosophy about the Jacks. I'll have a pair of 181's with kingpins mounted for a 296 if you want take them for a spin at Stevens.
    Cheers!

Gravity always wins...

Plus some scenery stoke from the Stevens backside today !

Gravity always wins...

The ash/basswood sounds like deans old skis. (H20g) I know they were being pressed/built by praxis, you worked/learned there. Totally makes sense.

If you can build or have a ski anything like the Kodiak it's full of win. Best ski I ever been on. Still pissed I sold em

Good luck. Sounds like you're on the right track.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

That Prine 108 really perks me up. Looks like just a fun ski. Any further comment on it? Thanks

....we do use fiberglass in two different weights depending on the length of the ski......

....We do not use finger joints...

....each pair is taken out of the same core block....

...We press pairs together....
    These seem like obvious best practices. Surprised to hear this is not industry standard.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Those practices work well when you're dealing with a very small volume of skis, but I believe it is far more common for skis to be paired at QC based on weight, camber, rocker height/length and possibly flex.

Whats up with Lithic Skis?

As far as weights, this is another thing we've debated putting on the site and, full disclosure, it was meant to be added when we retooled our site but have been too busy to add those specs. Essentially, our Cash 110 in a 184 length weighs about 8.5lbs with our inbounds/standard core. That number keeps us a bit lower than perhaps our closest competitor (product-wise, not volume-wise), ON3P, who I'd admit is making great stuff. In fact, they're one of the few independent companies out there who we truly respect for making a quality product and seemingly doing things right. We personally don't like bamboo cores since they tend to be soft and heavy which is a bit of a bad dynamic. This conclusion comes from the fact that we make a bunch of OEM skis for other brands who have asked us to use bamboo core...the weight difference is significant!
    Weight is good for inbounds skis!!!

1900g/ski is WAYYY too light for me on a 110mm waist, inbounds ski. My thinnest, 92mm skis weigh 2100g/ski.

I would love to hop onboard, but need more weight!

Soft and heavy cores make for the best “playful charger” skis, at least IMO. I would take that any day over stiff/light.

Not trying to knock on you, I just dont want you to forget about all the clydesdale skiers from the get go..Looking forward to buying your beefiest, baddest ski in the future! Needs to be at least 2350g/ski in a wider ski, before I even consider buying.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

1900g/ski is WAYYY too light for me on a 110mm waist, inbounds ski. My thinnest, 92mm skis weigh 2100g/ski.

Soft and heavy cores make for the best “playful charger” skis, at least IMO. I would take that any day over stiff/light.

Not trying to knock on you, I just dont want you to forget about all the clydesdale skiers from the get go..Looking forward to buying your beefiest, baddest ski in the future! Needs to be at least 2350g/ski in a wider ski, before I even consider buying.

Good Luck!

Dude these guys can rip on skis, don't get twisted up on weights. They aren't building some rando twig. A combination of weight, materials, shape, camber etc make the difference in a skis in snow feel.

(Oh and ps, the lithic guys and I both agree that more mass to skis is better than less. We've had multiple conversations about it. In fact for their bc skis they've made them a bit heavier than they theroretically could, to improve downhill performance.)

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    If there's a time that works for you guys, I'd like to come take a look at what you've got. I'm in Wenatchee.
    Unless we’re skiing we are in the shop daily. My email is on our site. Give me a heads up of when you’re wanting to come by and we’ll try to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by jmars View Post
    That Prine 108 really perks me up. Looks like just a fun ski. Any further comment on it? Thanks
    It’s a great daily driver. Quick edge to edge, can hold a nice carve but can also release our if a turn nicely if you like throwing your skis sideways. I’d consider it one of our more playful models but with our core makeup it still has a damp feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

Good Luck!

We completely agree with you on most of these points. However, I tend to lean towards medium stiff and somewhat heavy for an inbounds charger. Everyone skis differently, though. If you plan on riding chairs then weight shouldn’t be a consideration at all, in my opinion. That’s coming from someone who only skis pivot 18s on every ski I ride.

The reason we don’t particularly like carbon in skis is precisely because that composite gives you that stiff/light dynamic that gets deflected by the slightest snow variation (and breaks easily!)...I think we are on the same page in that regard.

And, honestly, if you’re not going on mega tours, I tend to steer folks towards our inbounds core makeup for their touring rig. That’s what I tour on and get about 25 backcountry days in a year. However, if I’m on a volcano mission I’ll lighten things up, for sure.

Our beefiest and widest ski is our Guthrie 120 and the first iteration of that ski was super burly, fast and really badass...honestly, though, my legs couldn’t even ski them until February last winter. We’ve chilled that one out a bit by tweaking the core thickness and have found a really happy medium. However, if anyone is a bigger person, who skis strongly we can make adjustments to our flex, which correlated to our weight, to accommodate. It’s a simple email request and it’s done.

Hope some of these thoughts help.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Those practices work well when you're dealing with a very small volume of skis, but I believe it is far more common for skis to be paired at QC based on weight, camber, rocker height/length and possibly flex.
    That sounds like a really bad way to do it but I suppose it happens. However, most presses that are worth their weight can press a pair at a time.