Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Mbillie, I haven't skied the BC core, but I know the shape works great for me! Where are you located?(test drive mine later?)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Whats up with Lithic Skis?

I’m in SLC which I think is far from you? though the BSL would work once my new boots come... I got an open quiver spot for a ~110 deep days touring ski, and I’m keen to use either a maggot brand (preference) or a local SLC brand

Mbillie, I haven't skied the BC core, but I know the shape works!

Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    I’m in SLC which I think is far from you? though the BSL would work once my new boots come... I got an open quiver spot for a ~110 deep days touring ski, and I’m keen to use either a maggot brand (preference) or a local SLC brand
    Riff lives in my zone. Yet another reason to come out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Riff lives in my zone. Yet another reason to come out here.
    yeah this increasingly has to happen. maybe spring.

yeah this increasingly has to happen. maybe spring.
    Not sure if you picked up on it but Lithic is in the same building as my biz.

Not sure if you picked up on it but Lithic is in the same building as my biz.
    that is chill as hell. this in wenatchee?

that is chill as hell. this in wenatchee?
    Little bump in the road outside of Leavenworth. Kind of crazy, in our building we also have a critical medical cnc place (ie bionic heart valves), a winery, a bitcoin mine and a kombucha brewery. If only we had a mj business too, then it'd be one stop shop for libertarians.

no craft brewery? step up

no craft brewery? step up
    I've been trying to talk the winery guys in to buying a still.

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    When I showed up last night I guess you guys were already packed up! I guess I'll have to swing by the shop sometime.
    Damn, sorry we missed you...needed to go prep for Thanksgiving food stuffs. Next time!

Blown away that no one here has said anything about the Arlo/Guthrie V Chx test comparison... been waiting for weeks and yet still no discussion, is this not the stick that so many were so interested in? No less in 2 different sizing options and at least 3 different flex options?? I'm not trying to push shit but how is it that no one is having this discussion on this thread??? Seriously just based on shape, core profile (from what I've heard), and builder rep (also from what I've heard), one of these are already in my top 3 "next boards" options from only the same amount of companies, I really think that the Arlo or Guthrie w/ Arlo flex could be an unbelievably dope bc stick, could also easily be wrong, but how is it that this hasn't been discussed?!?? It's been bugging me a lot because I have been considering changing up my touring setup for a while and I really like the asymmetrical sidecut options but these designs really bring back in to play a tried and true. Thoughts???

Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Blown away that no one here has said anything about the Arlo/Guthrie V Chx test comparison... been waiting for weeks and yet still no discussion, is this not the stick that so many were so interested in? No less in 2 different sizing options and at least 3 different flex options?? I'm not trying to push shit but how is it that no one is having this discussion on this thread??? Seriously just based on shape, core profile (from what I've heard), and builder rep (also from what I've heard), one of these are already in my top 3 "next boards" options from only the same amount of companies, I really think that the Arlo or Guthrie w/ Arlo flex could be an unbelievably dope bc stick, could also easily be wrong, but how is it that this hasn't been discussed?!?? It's been bugging me a lot because I have been considering changing up my touring setup for a while and I really like the asymmetrical sidecut options but these designs really bring back in to play a tried and true. Thoughts???

What’s the Chx? Honestly, unless we’re prototyping a new shape, I ski the arlos Inbounds and in the backcountry. Same length for both setups; 187. It’s my favorite ski of all time at the moment. Simply, it suits the way I like to ski and can handle up to a foot of pow no problem!

Whats up with Lithic Skis?

A TGR'r named SuperChicken always wanted a slimmed down version of the Protest and tried pretty hard to get Keith to make em, kind of along the lines that everyone adores that stick but it'd be sweet to have a slimmer one for touring and versatility. It quickly became known as the chxtest, but never got past that. Seems that the Arlo/Guthrie shape shares a lot of those characteristics and personally I can't wait to try one out! I was just kinda blown away that it really hasn't been discussed here as the chxtest discussion had a pretty solid following. I can definitely see the Arlo in my quiver, looks stoopid fun for sure. Really dig several of your designs on paper actually, that specific one just fills a spot for me more so than the others, can't wait to fondle some. Also agree with pretty much everything Adrenalated has said about wanting to see more info because it will be so hard to get hands on em.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

I've been trying to talk the winery guys in to buying a still.
    Dis tillin is the way of purefacshun.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by peshastin_proud View Post
    Am incredibly stoked buddy mounting up some Cash 110s in the shop tonight!

Your buddy has good taste in shirts.

I'm interested in the Ramblin' Jack for a new touring ski. I'm in Wenatchee and ski Mission or tour most days in the winter. Love to try a 187 when/if you have a demo pair.

We've got a couple Ramblin' Jacks floating around in the 181 length that might work for you to take out for a day. Let me know what your BSL is and I'll see what we can come up with. Also, we should be getting some demo skis at Mission this year, no RJs but we'll have the Joplins and the Cashes up there for demo. The Ramblin' Jacks however, will be at available to demo through Ascent Outdoors in Seattle within the next few weeks. I'll keep everyone on this thread posted when that officially happens, meaning, after we make the skis.

Yeah, oh man. The chicken test.

Never had a pair made because the quixote dropped and they were both 118 underfoot. Went with that instead. For my style in the BC (namely conservative and more playful than chargey), the Q just wasn't the right ski. It (IMO) is an inbounds shape. The chx-test would be better at slow speeds and a little slarvier in soft snow. Probably far worse on firm snow. I'm not all that convinced that the gains in soft snow over a GPO at -1 would be great enough to warrant the sacrifice on hard snow. I think I had the right ski and spent a lot of money looking for a solution to a problem that didn't exist.

But I agree. The Arlo looks great. So does the Cohen for that matter.

The Arlo to me looks like a Protest style tip (with a whiff of JJ/S7 flare for agility) with a GPO/C&D style rocker profile. Looks awesome. Like maybe that perfect hybrid between a GPO and protest for pow touring.

The Cohen looks like the rocker lands smack between the Bibby and the Billy Goat without the RES. I'd try that ship in or out of bounds.

I'd love to try em all, actually.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Ty I need a 195! signed the giant next door to you :-P

Am I missing something, or couldn't one make a chx-test by ordering a custom Protest with -10mm waist? Or was that not available at the time the chx-test was conceived?

So did any of you hosers buy a lithic ski yet?

So did any of you hosers buy a lithic ski yet?
    Did you?

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Did you?
    You know I only buy used skis on gearswap.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Am I missing something, or couldn't one make a chx-test by ordering a custom Protest with -10mm waist? Or was that not available at the time the chx-test was conceived?
    Yes, and I missed that opportunity last year because I bought the quixotes instead.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Great to hear these guys busting out, look forward to hearing good things in the future from Lskis
    watch out for snakes