Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    The 187ís were stock flex, 3 I think?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah, stock is 3. Super fun and playful. If I was touring and skiing only fresh pow I would do a 3 flex.

Whats up with Lithic Skis?

I really dig long, gradual rocker in a stiff ski. Nimble through a wide range of speeds, easy turn shape changes. The Arlos sit in the deep day/chop quiver spot for me, and have a really fun combination of characteristics. So anyway, Iím still looking forward to more deep days on these, but so far stoked. Stout, high speed limit, stable, nimble enough for WA trees.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by riff; 01-28-2019 at 10:24 PM.
    Gravity always wins...

Bumping ... just because.

Rambling Jack 115s have my attention.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Bumping ... just because.

Rambling Jack 115s have my attention.

... Thom
    That's a rad ski...we're stoked on the new lineup this year! Let it snow

Whats up with Lithic Skis?

Skunkworks 122 and Fletcher 124 definitely have my attention! The Arlo and Cohen are absolutely still at the top of my want list! And as much as I love the design of the flat tail options Iím just not a directional kinda cat when it comes to sliding down mtns, but yeah the Rambling Jack looks money A F!!!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Damn, I hadn't seen the new website yet, dig it.
    Lots of new shapes to ponder in there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Gravity always wins...

Riff, I've been eyeing your FS thread along with everyone else. Any more comments on how they worked out on deep days and compared to the other skis you listed earlier? Looking for a new to me resort pow ski and these have me intrigued...

Rambling Jack 115, Skunkworks 122 and Fletcher 124 all have my attention.

I'd so love to try out some of these shapes as I'm the opposite of Eskido and love directional skis. I'd also love to compare the Arlo with my protests.

You guys are doing a great job of making me pine for stuff i don't actually need. Ever come up to whistler with some sticks or mostly stay south of the border?

Quote Originally Posted by oetk2 View Post
    Riff, I've been eyeing your FS thread along with everyone else. Any more comments on how they worked out on deep days and compared to the other skis you listed earlier? Looking for a new to me resort pow ski and these have me intrigued...
    Oetk2,
    I got a good handful of deeper days on them last year, and came away with the following thoughts:
    They pivot and dance from a very centered stance, when you are in the sweet spot it was amazing how quick they were.
    They carried lots of speed in deep snow, like, LOTS. Similar to a protest, but I felt more comfortable on mixed conditions.
    I didn't get the feeling of tips folding or pushing on deep days, like I had with protests at flex three, the arlo planed up cleanly.
    Tips and tails were plenty loose.

You'll have to ask lucknau how he likes them now, I'm heading to the post office with em!

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Gravity always wins...

As long as someone is enjoying them. Great looking skis and sound like a blast. I'd second the whistler demo question

Thanks for all the stoke guys...truly appreciated. Concerning making it up to Whistler, we'll keep you posted and try to bring a bunch of skis for anyone to get on. I think our Stevens pass will give us a few days up there this year so we should probably take advantage. It's usually just so good around here, though!

A demo day here in the Idaho Panhandle would be sweet.

If you end up coming up the ol' sea to sky with some sticks I'll be happy to make time to show you the best spots i can think of. Touring ready a bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    If you end up coming up the ol' sea to sky with some sticks I'll be happy to make time to show you the best spots i can think of. Touring ready a bonus!
    never been before...what are the dates on that? And, we're always touring ready.

Quote Originally Posted by peshastin_proud View Post
    never been before...what are the dates on that? And, we're always touring ready.
    Dates? There's a whole winter of them! I work a lot through until Christmas but pretty easy to shift my schedule around after that.