Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
    We’ll need to get a fair bit of time on the shape to make refinements, so it’s hard to say for sure when the guys would be ready to make a full release- I’ll chat with paul soon…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I heard Lithic is closing their doors, what a shame. I was hoping to try their skis next season.

Hadn't heard that. Exchanged emails with Ty just the other day. Let's put this in the rumor folder for the moment till we can definitively confirm or deny

Whats up with Lithic Skis?

Oh that would suuuuck! Please be a dirty rumor 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Hey guys- This was news to me, so I checked in with Ty, and he confirmed. I’ll be seeing him sometime soon and will know more then, but for a variety of reasons he’s decided he has to let it go. As you can imagine, it takes a pretty incredible amount of time and effort to have a place in the ski industry, especially as an operation with custom options only two full time guys. I can’t speak to all the reasons for the decision, but I’m grateful for what they brought to our local ski community, and I always respected the ideals that drove the skis they made. Being part of it left me impressed with what it takes to make great skis- I’ll miss hanging out at the shop and skiing prototypes. it’s going to be a big hole in the local ski scene, no doubt. I met these guys when they set up shop 8 years ago, and now all my skis came out of that shop, and two were shapes I got to help design. It was an incredible thing to be part of!

Gravity always wins...

Bummer to hear about them shutting down. Their designs looked pretty sweet.

Oh shit, that sucks. I had big plans for some of their boards for this coming winter

Whats up with Lithic Skis?

Major bummer! I was way stoked on several of their designs as well!! Hope the best for em, really sucks to see a ski company like that one go down!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Hey all,

Unfortunately the rumors are true. It's been an incredible run and we're super proud of what we've built here at the Lithic shop. Essentially, we've always prided ourselves on being skiers and ski-makers first, hoping that the whole "marketing" bit would work itself out but we just couldn't sell enough skis in the end to make things pencil out. We've also both ventured into new occupations that will allow us to spend more time with friends, family and the mountains.

We appreciate the support we've received from the TGR community and we only ask that you keep supporting small, independent, innovative, and quality-driven ski manufacturers. I know you can get a pair of Salomons for $500 but the folks at ON3P are going to make you a much better product that's backed up by sincere individuals who truly believe in their products.

All the best and hopefully I'll see you on the the mountains soon,
    Ty

Shit, sorry to hear it. And sorry I never bought a set of your boards. I looked at your site about every month.

Good luck going forward. Hope to see you again at Alpy.

Lightbulb Rip

Damn, I'm gutted. I got a pair of Cohen 118s last year and they absolutely rip. I was planning on getting ramblin jacks this year and was so excited for the new designs to drop.

I love seeing peeps with Lithics at Stevens. I love skiing a ski that was built 30 minutes from my local hill. Everytime I see that little arrowhead I get excited

Hope it goes well from here

It’s a major loss in a number of ways; I’ll be stoked to see you Lithic riders out there even a bit more now. It may be worth checking with Ty to see what’s laying around the shop as they begin clearing out machinery, etc.

Gravity always wins...

Hey all,

Sorry it's been a minute since I've responded to anything on here but I wanted to reach out and say thanks for all the kind words. It's been a good run but it's potentially not over just yet.

I'd love to keep the Lithic dream alive by selling the entire operation for an incredibly fair price. I'll try to make a more formal "ski biz for sale" post on the forum but I figured I'd mentioned it here first. Essentially, we've got an awesome, lean-based, turnkey operation that, even without the Lithic name attached, could be a great opportunity for anyone who has ever been interested in making their own skis. With the machines we have in the shop, you can produce a ski from scratch without any outside manufacturing; from profiling cores to pressing and tuning out a ski, it's all here.

Since I'm not super active on this site please email any serious questions or inquires to ty@lithicskis.com.

All the best to everyone and it's gonna be an incredible winter!
    Ty