Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    EKG is the fucking worst. Not knowing any better, my buddy and I rode it south to north (the whole thing) about five years ago... I've never ridden it since.

Joetron is spot on with his North Klondike recommendation. I also like coming down Lil' Salty as well- it's short but can get rowdy.

Baby steps baby steps baby steps baby steps baby steps baby steps

In that order.

The north one, not the stupid loop.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    EKG is the fucking worst. Not knowing any better, my buddy and I rode it south to north (the whole thing) about five years ago... I've never ridden it since.
    This is the ONLY way EKG ever gets ridden.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Baby steps baby steps baby steps baby steps baby steps baby steps

In that order.

The north one, not the stupid loop.
    x2

I did not know that EKG sucked so bad. Noted.

Ride Ahab tomorrow.... up Hymasa to Ahab, all the way down, then back up Hymasa to Pothole Arch... drop into Rockstacker and then Jackson's all the way back down. That's as fun a ride as there is without TWE being rideable from the top.
    Yes, that was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Haha. EKG is for hate riding. At best, ride it early in your route.
    If you want to lose friends or get a divorce, park at the south TH and ride it back after yo-yoing your way north
    Exactly what we did this year. If you think about it, that trail is the exact opposite of a "Flow trail". I got off my bike more times on that than Ahab.

If you're going to do the whole thing, I'd actually recommend a "figure 8". Start at the main/middle lot, and go CCW on Big Mesa and continue onto Coney Island. When you hit Middle Earth, take a left and cross the road over to Ramblin'. Go CW on Ramblin and over to Rocky Tops, then up to Middle Earth, and take a right there to get back to the lot.

I personally think riding the entire system isn't much fun... Coney Island and Ramblin are the best two sections. If you have two vehicles, you can "shuttle" it from the top of Mag 7: do Mustang to Chisholm, then down Coney Island and Ramblin to the lower lot. It's only a 5-min drive back up to the top car.
    Ended up doing the figure 8 right you suggested on Navajo Rocks, although we started at the bottom and hit Rocky Tops > Middle Earth > Big Mesa > Big Lonely > Coney Islands > Middle Earth > Ramblin. Perfect! Would have been kind of bummed if we had to climb Coney Islands..that didn't look fun. Thanks for the rec.