Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Gotta disagree ... Burro is one of my favorite trails anywhere.
    I've heard rumors of "mountain bikers" that don't like Moore Fun, either.

I usually suggest they take up knitting.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    When exactly was “back in the day?”

I can only assume you were amongst the very first people linking Porcupine Rim from Burro Pass.
    Between mid 90's and 2006.

Do you guys drive up Sand Flats to get to UPS or go the back way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you've never ridden the slick rock loop, do it. It's a unique experience and the 12 miles isn't much of an investment of time or effort. Great views, fun ups and downs, and traction for centuries.

slickrock tall not so fun. Short loop maybe worth it for tourist factor. Do mag 7 or Ahab instead.

Twe = good fun. No guide needed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Are you saying it is boring?
    Like Woo said, it's an endless cycle of short steep descents to short but very steep climbs. You may love it, or you may hate it. For me, it got old fast and I was glad someone told me to ride the practice loop before setting out on the whole thing. If you finish the practice loop and decide you're into it you can still go do the rest, the total ride will only be about a mile longer.

For roaming big expanses of slickrock, Bartlett and Jedi are better. There's also a big slickrock zone at the north end of Sovereign.

If you (and PearlJam) aren't planning on riding Blue Dot/Portal you really really really really really should change plans and do that.

^^Ok, thanks, that is what I was thinking.

Yes, mag 7 to Portal is top of the to do list. Thanks for the Bartlett/Jedi tip.

Ride Slickrock practice loop twice around sunset. Second time is more fun cuz you know when to let off the brakes and also when to shift way up your cassette, it’s much more enjoyable that way. Then drink beer and enjoy the view.
    To drive to UPS, usually go up Sand Flats to the junction with Kokopelli. Park or depart there and pedal up Koko a little bit to the campground or all the up to the cattle guard (not the LPS cattle guard)

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Do you guys drive up Sand Flats to get to UPS
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yes.
    But not sand flats if you were going to do the WE right? Just trying to settle a debate we had last time we rode it.

Don't you have to go way south of town for the road up to burro?

Yeah that’s my question. We were just doing UPS because of weather but took the southern route which I thought was much longer. But to get to Burro I think you have to go south.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    But not sand flats if you were going to do the WE right? Just trying to settle a debate we had last time we rode it.
    I'd take the pavement to hit Koko, Hazard, or Burro. But to get to UPS, I'd take Sand Flats. Despite loathing that road...

That’s what I thought. Thanks.

Ah yes that long lovely southern route pedal....

Quote Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
    Ah yes that long lovely southern route pedal....
    NO!

I did the slickrock trail once in like '96. Seemed really thrilling back then. Don't see doing it again.
    However many are in a shit ton.

popped my Moab cherry today on Navajo Rocks Chaco Loop. I thought it was a good intro. Head wind on Coney Island did suck, Definitely need to build up some skills.
    off your knees Louie

Was in moab about a month ago. Loved TWE and Mag 7. I thought mag 7 was significantly harder than UPS.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

Did you mean mag 7, or Gold Bar Rim?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Back in the day we'd just ride it from town to avoid the shuttle. Think it was 25 mile road spin up if I remember correctly? Just pack an extra bottle or two and a pb and j and made a day of it. Starting early was key.
    it's a 52 mile loop if you ride from town, up sand flats, do a loop on jimmy keen for fun, get on the la sal mtn loop rd and then decend the whole enchlada from there back into town, do some laps at the bike park for a cool down at the end of the day. Don't forget to hit that little trail along the highway as you ride back into town, short but fun, Did it a few weeks ago, super fun, usually can do that loop faster than the average person starting at the top and decending, it also takes a whole joint though, lots of water and a cliff bar, wearing a racer sponsered outfit helps with the speed

And slick rock is one of the best out there, lots of fun, super super challenging, don't understand why people hate on it so much, maybe becaue it's not easy? one of my must do rides every time I'm in moab

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    usually can do that loop faster than the average person starting at the top and decending,
    Looks like we found the best rider on the mountain. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Looks like we found the best rider on the mountain. Thanks for the heads up.

fuck yeah

we should ride sometime

I fall over and pass out alot and need to be picked up and dusted off are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    it's a 52 mile loop if you ride from town, up sand flats, do a loop on jimmy keen for fun, get on the la sal mtn loop rd and then decend the whole enchlada from there back into town, do some laps at the bike park for a cool down at the end of the day. Don't forget to hit that little trail along the highway as you ride back into town, short but fun, Did it a few weeks ago, super fun, usually can do that loop faster than the average person starting at the top and decending, it also takes a whole joint though, lots of water and a cliff bar, wearing a racer sponsered outfit helps with the speed

And slick rock is one of the best out there, lots of fun, super super challenging, don't understand why people hate on it so much, maybe becaue it's not easy? one of my must do rides every time I'm in moab
    I like your style!😎

I like your style!😎
    thanks for getting the joke, this is the internet, some people are so serious