Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Family accused of stealing skis at Mt. Bachelor

Family falsely accused of stealing Mt. Bachelor's skis, $129K suit says

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...ccused_of.html

I wonder about the other side of the story...

There go the beer prices.
    yepper

How much is beer now? Is it $10 yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by interloper View Post
    There go the beer prices.

Beers are pretty cheap at my tailgate.

And $4000 for “counseling”?!

If ya don't have insurance, $4,000 is like ten appointments.
    And my Durban Girl brownies are free.

There will be drinking this weekend & skiing too. Stop by party favors sky lot. Last season $8/pint? OD. Locals tip-Tumalo store $3/pint. Plentiful selection.
    yepper

I’d let Bachelor employees yell at me for $129K. Shit, call me whatever you’d like.

It's only $125K if you don't get counseling.
    Would I be able to sue if they called me an old perv?

Probably not, that’s just called being honest.

You can sue for humilation?? $129K??

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Not sure if you guys are being facetious or not, but what rental shop jockeys did to this mom and her kid is pretty fucked up. Appears to be a fairly slam dunk case of false imprisonment. Not worth $129k, IMO. But I bet it settles in the $50-75k range.

Curious what "other side of this story" there potentially could be that isn't included in the article? Kid tried to explain. Mom tried to explain. Mom got store clerk on the phone but rental shop douches refused to speak to him. Dad went to store and took photo of receipt and sent it but they still refused to be reasonable and look at it and then the deputies arrived to sort it out.

Throughout this idiotic incident, kid was being illegally held against his will and repeatedly called a thief and a liar. That's pretty fucked up and would be traumatic to many if not most kids.

So, yeah, damn straight POWDR needs to pony up and train their employees not to do illegal shit.

Yes, this is taking the complaint at face value, but I don't see any reason why not to. I'd bet this gets settled before attorney's fees get too big.

Signed,
    Disgruntled multi-year POWDR employee who's familiar with their shenanigans
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

In my wanderings around the ski business I've learned one thing: Don't trust the corporate machine! They're not looking out for you.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    In my wanderings around the ski business I've learned one thing: Don't trust the corporate machine! They're not looking out for you.
    Word. There are often some great people who work at ski mountains. Patrollers, some mountain manager types, etc. But often the folks who end up in middle management and even GMs are the powerhungry, brown-nosing dipshits who managed not to move on to something better.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

This happened at the tuning and repair center upstairs and not downstairs at Gravity Sports, right? I couldn't see the Gravity Sports guys/gals taking part in this tomfoolery, but have no experience with the crew upstairs.

There is always another side to the story. I have no idea but I've seen lawsuits and if you read the complaint you usually think, oh, they are right. Then you read the answer and think the same about that party. So far POWDER's side hasn't been told.

Were the skis actually stolen and the serial numbers on a database at the ski shop? The kid could have just bought stolen goods. If this was a car dealer and someone brought a car in for a tune up that had been stolen from the lot a couple months earlier don't you think they would try to get the guy busted even if he had just innocently bought it?

My dog was stolen once and when I saw a guy with him outside a nearby 7-11 a couple weeks later you can bet I wasn't very nice about the "misunderstanding".

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Not sure if you guys are being facetious or not, but what rental shop jockeys did to this mom and her kid is pretty fucked up. Appears to be a fairly slam dunk case of false imprisonment. Not worth $129k, IMO. But I bet it settles in the $50-75k range.

Curious what "other side of this story" there potentially could be that isn't included in the article? Kid tried to explain. Mom tried to explain. Mom got store clerk on the phone but rental shop douches refused to speak to him. Dad went to store and took photo of receipt and sent it but they still refused to be reasonable and look at it and then the deputies arrived to sort it out.

Throughout this idiotic incident, kid was being illegally held against his will and repeatedly called a thief and a liar. That's pretty fucked up and would be traumatic to many if not most kids.

So, yeah, damn straight POWDR needs to pony up and train their employees not to do illegal shit.

Yes, this is taking the complaint at face value, but I don't see any reason why not to. I'd bet this gets settled before attorney's fees get too big.

Signed,
    Disgruntled multi-year POWDR employee who's familiar with their shenanigans
    God, I hate fucking lawyers
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Sounds like the rental dept over stepped their authority. Anyway, I'm a little to close to this so that's all I have to say.
    yepper

Quote Originally Posted by nest View Post
    God, I hate fucking lawyers
    Only until you need a tooth pulled.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by stearnsn View Post
    My dog was stolen once and when I saw a guy with him outside a nearby 7-11 a couple weeks later you can bet I wasn't very nice about the "misunderstanding".
    Did you get the dog back? Dd you have to beat the guys ass?

Cops released juvenile after proving rental skis were not stolen but bought from a established local business that Bachelor had sold to in the prior Summer. Cretins I tell ya. Most people don't like me so I'm good.
    yepper

I don't know about $129k, but if the facts are correct as stated then for sure Bachelor should pay a fair penny.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm surprised tune/rental shop employees being paid minimum wage cared enough to hassle the kid

Quote Originally Posted by skiitsbetter View Post
    I'm surprised tune/rental shop employees being paid minimum wage cared enough to hassle the kid
    Maybe there's a reward, like lifties get when they catch pass "theft."
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by skiitsbetter View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing, but I assume middle management was involved (thus my rant against middle management). But possible incentive program like Danno mentioned.

Anywho, fuck people who think illegal detention by a private corporation is OK. This is America, not some corporate-run fucking future dystopia. Y'all are the same people that defended UAL ripping that guy off the plane after he wouldn't vacate his seat when he was randomly selected--e.g. using extrajudicial force over a contract dispute.

Bootlickers.