Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 1507
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,448
    Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Obtuse.
    https://youtu.be/ZysTZxzhaqM

    shut the fuck up, you fucking fuck
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  2. #227
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Juxtaposition
    Posts
    5,789
    I thought you meant obtrude,

    1. become noticeable in an unwelcome or intrusive way.

    2. impose or force (something) on someone in an unwelcome or intrusive way.
    vis-ŗ-vis:



    ^ [insert name of TGR chauvinist here] at 17 years of age. Photo taken without consent, implied or given.
    Life is not lift served.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Land of Subdued Excitement
    Posts
    5,482
    It's a public place. No consent needed.

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,448
    That isn't hard to understand. You are just dumb.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,448
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Land of Subdued Excitement
    Posts
    5,482
    You should learn to embed videos. Like this..



    It isn't hard.

    Oh, and sit down bro.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Juxtaposition
    Posts
    5,789
    Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    embed
    Imbed was an archaic and less common spelling. So you could have argued your case....... But I would have edited it as well.

    ps, still on your side.
    Life is not lift served.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,596
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Are you high? No one said that.
    No, but you clearly are.


    Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    is anybody here shocked to know that images of nude women may be considered objectification of women

    that said, this is a community with a culture and history and if you don't like it don't participate. this isn't a job, there are no protected classes. it's a bunch of upper middle class old white guys. don't like it, don't play
    Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    Mtngirl walked into the WRONG saloon. Move along. Nothing to see here

    Sent from my LGMS330 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    There are parts of the site that are more of a boys club Mtngirl, if you don't approve of the content, you need to stay away.
    If you are here fucking up stuff for everyone else, you need to go. The rights of the many outweigh the rights of the few.
    Please stay out of threads that may offend you or we will all tell you to fuck off.
    Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    it's not a death spiral - it's just mtgrl screaming for attention - same old same old shit

    this endless demand for attention is never going to stop. we are a male community. mtngrl has issues with men. it's never going to end.

    ban her

    it's like being a guy is something to be ashamed of. some here like pictures of naked women. why does everything have to be knocked down to the most common denominator? if you don't like the community - go - please - just fucking leave

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario Canada eh
    Posts
    3,490
    How about labeling a thread NSFMtnGirl and be done with rest of this nonsense. WFT is so difficult as to avoid a thread marked NSFW ?
    Are we children? If you don't have the mature control to avoid the threads that offend your morality then I say you're the problem not the content.
    Another thing, since when is it bad form for several mags pick on a single mag? That's been going on for years but now when it's a female mag crying fowl things need to change?
    Slippery slope indeed

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    8,286
    tl;dr for thread? A little help?

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    5,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    How about labeling a thread NSFMtnGirl and be done with rest of this nonsense. WFT is so difficult as to avoid a thread marked NSFW ?
    Are we children? If you don't have the mature control to avoid the threads that offend your morality then I say you're the problem not the content.
    Another thing, since when is it bad form for several mags pick on a single mag? That's been going on for years but now when it's a female mag crying fowl things need to change?
    Slippery slope indeed
    You guys continue to miss (at this point itís more like actively ignore) the point. Itís not about the reader. Itís about the subject of the photos.

    I agree that anyone on the board can and does choose to click on whatever threads they want. The problem is that if you post a nude photo of a woman she doesnít get a choice. Anyone who wants to can now see it.

    All of the name calling, victim blaming, whataboutism and slippery slope arguments are just straws you guys are grasping at because there is nobody in their right mind who think itís ok to do that, but for some reason canít find the inner strength to say that creeper photos shouldnít be allowed on here. Thatís all anyone, including MtG is really asking for here.

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    below the Broads Fork Twins
    Posts
    5,834
    I think if people would be more chartreuse these problems would slip away.
    Success has many fathers, while failure remains an orphan // Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish they are after - HDT

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario Canada eh
    Posts
    3,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    You guys continue to miss (at this point it’s more like actively ignore) the point. It’s not about the reader. It’s about the subject of the photos.

    I agree that anyone on the board can and does choose to click on whatever threads they want. The problem is that if you post a nude photo of a woman she doesn’t get a choice. Anyone who wants to can now see it.

    All of the name calling, victim blaming, whataboutism and slippery slope arguments are just straws you guys are grasping at because there is nobody in their right mind who think it’s ok to do that, but for some reason can’t find the inner strength to say that creeper photos shouldn’t be allowed on here. That’s all anyone, including MtG is really asking for here.
    You make a very valid point as to consent but beyond that pictures taken from porn sites or goooogle images isn't the same thing IMO.
    So then posting a link will be better then the actual pictures? You don't have to see the picture but maybe this will stop mags from looking. I think not.

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    7,862
    Kenny Snatch, "crying fowl"?
    Say what?
    Read a Book
    crab in my shoe mouth

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    5,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    You make a very valid point as to consent but beyond that pictures taken from porn sites or goooogle images isn't the same thing IMO.
    So then posting a link will be better then the actual pictures? You don't have to see the picture but maybe this will stop mags from looking. I think not.
    I donít think anyone is saying that people canít post or link to NSFW content unless Iím missing it somewhere. Lots of people saying they donít need it or care either way. Iím in that camp.

    IMO if you post something from another site, it should reasonably look like those photos have been consented to and everyone is of age. Itís a gray area, but the report post function works in this case.

    If someone is posting a photo they took or were sent they need to be able to prove consent. Lots of ways to do it, so people have options here. If they canít the. That poster should get banned. Itís that serious of an offense in my eyes.

    And we are all smart enough to know the difference between a photo taken in public of some ski stoke where there isnít a big expectation of privacy, nor a big downside to the posting of the picture vs. a very private photo taken with the expectation of it staying private and of subject and subject matter that would be irreparably damaging if it got out.

  16. #241
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario Canada eh
    Posts
    3,490
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Kenny Snatch, "crying fowl"?
    Say what?
    Read a Book
    I wasn't crying...more like frustrated snickering

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    7,862
    Are you from canaduh?
    Read a Book
    crab in my shoe mouth

  18. #243
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    6,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    I don’t think anyone is saying that people can’t post or link to NSFW content unless I’m missing it somewhere.
    That is exactly what some posters are suggesting and is the impetus for this thread. And the rest of your proposal is still as open-ended as it was from the start.

  19. #244
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    16,592
    i think it's about the person in the image, but for tgr it's also about the regular and new visitor, and also about the way men are responding to a woman who is raising perfectly valid points in a manner no more aggressive or emotional or assholish or illogical than a lot of people here, but about an apparently sacred topic.

    besides the attacks on mental health and physical appearance and social history, the arguments that because people here helped her she should shut the fuck up are pathetic. you helped somebody in need. you didn't buy her fucking thoughts and speech.

    the entire episode is embarrassing for this "community." i'm trying to decide if it's more or less embarrassing than all the blatantly racist bullshit that was allowed to go on in polyass for a long time. but then there are so few people of color or women here, right?

    all the women here are obviously strong in diverse respects and more than capable of ignoring or enjoying as they fit and i am no puritan. pornography is too diverse to make a blanket statement. obviously plenty of for profit, for pleasure exploitation in some regards, but also fun, intimate expression by lovers.

    but this is a ski site. i don't understand why they or anybody else should have to ignore regular objectification of women in images and words when they come to a ski site or why a large percentage of potential viewers would want to. and taking it a step further, one could wonder what advertisers think about this. the nsfw threads are tgr saying "can i show you my dick?"

    it's disheartening that so many people demonstrate a fundamental lack of respect, can't see the harm in that or their subsequent rabid defense of it, and then can't make the connection to larger societal and global problems.

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    All of the name calling, victim blaming, whataboutism and slippery slope arguments are just straws you guys are grasping at because there is nobody in their right mind who think it’s ok to do that, but for some reason can’t find the inner strength to say that creeper photos shouldn’t be allowed on here. That’s all anyone, including MtG is really asking for here.
    Is there any evidence that a single photo in that thread has been posted without the subject's consent, though?

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    29,925
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i think it's about the person in the image, but for tgr it's also about the regular and new visitor, and also about the way men are responding to a woman who is raising perfectly valid points in a manner no more aggressive or emotional or assholish or illogical than a lot of people here, but about an apparently sacred topic.

    besides the attacks on mental health and physical appearance and social history, the arguments that because people here helped her she should shut the fuck up are pathetic. you helped somebody in need. you didn't buy her fucking thoughts and speech.

    the entire episode is embarrassing for this "community." i'm trying to decide if it's more or less embarrassing than all the blatantly racist bullshit that was allowed to go on in polyass for a long time. but then there are so few people of color or women here, right?

    all the women here are obviously strong in diverse respects and more than capable of ignoring or enjoying as they fit and i am no puritan. pornography is too diverse to make a blanket statement. obviously plenty of for profit, for pleasure exploitation in some regards, but also fun, intimate expression by lovers.

    but this is a ski site. i don't understand why they or anybody else should have to ignore regular objectification of women in images and words when they come to a ski site or why a large percentage of potential viewers would want to. and taking it a step further, one could wonder what advertisers think about this. the nsfw threads are tgr saying "can i show you my dick?"

    it's disheartening that so many people demonstrate a fundamental lack of respect, can't see the harm in that or their subsequent rabid defense of it, and then can't make the connection to larger societal and global problems.
    I agree.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    5,764

    The Fight for the Padded Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    And the rest of your proposal is still as open-ended as it was from the start.
    I think Iíve given more concrete ideas to preserve NSFW content on this site than any of the proponents of it. If you donít like them, give me another solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Is there any evidence that a single photo in that thread has been posted without the subject's consent, though?
    Yes. There are a number of photos in that thread that without proof of consent would be easy to think the photo was taken without the knowledge of the subject, let alone with the knowledge it would be posted on the internet.

    Plus, putting the burden on the subject to come forward and ďproveĒ no consent was given is the exact wrong way to do this.

  23. #248
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    6,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    I think I’ve given more concrete ideas to preserve NSFW content on this site than any of the proponents of it. If you don’t like them, give me another solution.
    There is no easy solution. That's the point. I can come up with scenarios to blow up any proposed consent criteria that aren't completely subjective.

  24. #249
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    Yes. There are a number of photos in that thread that without proof of consent would be easy to think the photo was taken without the knowledge of the subject, let alone with the knowledge it would be posted on the internet.
    Then just nuke that thread and be done with it.

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    7,661
    We could all learn a lot from Rodney King.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •