Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 68 of 68
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    3,158
    Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    There's no justification for polyass either, but you all clamor for that. We could make another hidden porn sub, but who would post there? Would we just move nsfw threads there? ANY moderation action gets endlessly bitched and moaned about, people crying bloody murder and first amendment and all that garbage.

    My very personal opinion is that you can either have a strictly-skiing-related-forum, or a general forum. The former requires a level of moderation that nobody (including any of the mods) wants. The latter means that you remove basically illegal content or extraordinarily obnoxious things (spammers, horrific trolls), and otherwise put up with a lot of shit, hoping your community stays small enough to self-police. Welcome to the internet, old people, it has been this way since it started. That's not a justification, but it is a reality. People suck, c'est la vie.

    For the record my irrelevant personal opinion on the subject at hand is that mtngirl is dead on correct, and is getting a lot of blowback due to being a woman and specifically being mtngirl (boy who cried wolf sort of thing). If you can't find porn without TGR you're too stupid to be allowed to drive a car, and taking/posting compromising pics even when consent is vague and not outright denied is pathetic.

    Edit: all of that said, the people with a financial stake in the business will make a decision on this matter in a few days, so if OP can pause the virtuous diatribe until then, he might get a resolution. The tone of "how on earth can you APPROVE of <thing someone posted>" betrays the incredibly naive assumption that some ostensibly-in-charge human is actually reading 100% of the content on the forums. IF YOU DON'T REPORT THINGS, THE ODDS ARE PRETTY GOOD THAT NOBODY SEES THEM. Keep that in mind before you climb up on your horse.
    I'll ignore your other post and go with your suggestion/request here - and wait for my questions to be answered. That said - I know for a fact a number of folks have hit the "report" button for both sexual and outright racist stuff over the years. They've gotten nothing but silence or blowback for it. So I'm pretty comfortable on my horse at the moment. The time has come for TGR to decide what matters most & what it is about. Waiting...

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    this place lost edgy and cool years ago. it's middle aged dudes trying to act edgy and cool, by definition lame. Stop trying.
    For many of us middle age is firmly in the rear view. But thanks I suppose.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by iceclimb View Post
    For many of us middle age is firmly in the rear view. But thanks I suppose.
    Thanks for proving the point.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    724
    You too.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    541
    Porn is for people who do’nt get any.
    Less porn, more STOKE, I say.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Honeycomb Hideout
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
    This is for mods & the owners - not the masses who have already weighed in elsewhere.

    There has been much discussion about the porn being posted in NSFW threads on TGR.

    This leads to several questions:

    Given the prominence of porn on the site at this point, why does TGR think it is more important to provide “masturbation aids” for loser men than to be a welcoming place for everyone?

    Is TGR sure it is not hosting images posted without consent? (yes, there is a thread about this - but it fits here too) Are you guys confident enough of this that you’d be willing to defend your “moderation” decisions in front of a judge or a professional organization (say the bar or a dental/medical board) or your spouse or your children or anyone else close to you? Including showing them the threads (or heck, even some avatars or handles) in question?

    Are you sure none of the images are of under-age individuals? Same follow-on questions as above.

    WTF is wrong with you that this is even a discussion anymore? You guys have let this stuff clutter up more and more of TGR. It drives good people out. It is off putting to many prospective members. I’m not talking about any sort of “morality” debate — it defines a hostile & objectifying environment. Do you think your porn following is super important to your advertisers? Do you brag to skis.com, Smith, evo, the state of UT, Mammut, various other manufacturers, assorted ski areas, etc, etc.. etc. that you are getting them access to the highly desirable male "masturbates a lot" crowd? If so, is that part of your pitch to prospective media sponsors? Do you show them those threads and say “hey, look at the access we can get you to this prime demographic?" Think they’d all be excited to have their brands affiliated with this?

    Why, at this point in time, are you willing to prioritize porn posters/viewers above the skiing/riding/kayaking/biking/etc. community at large? Inquiring minds really want to know.
    Beautifully written and so true. I'd like to also include the unwarranted lashing out directed at other forum members. What happened to community, brotherhood and the golden rule! I took a break from the forum based on the massive amount of terribly nasty individuals. Bullies always get what's coming to them in then end. Cheers and God bless!
    *** Mr. Steeze Stomper @ your service ***

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    15,003
    I vote the only allowed porn be ski porn or ski related porn... Of course in this age of modern inclusivness, I guess cross country snowboarding and ski blading porn should be allowed too
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    9,609
    Quote Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
    This is for mods & the owners - not the masses who have already weighed in elsewhere.

    There has been much discussion about the porn being posted in NSFW threads on TGR.

    This leads to several questions:

    Given the prominence of porn on the site at this point, why does TGR think it is more important to provide “masturbation aids” for loser men than to be a welcoming place for everyone?

    Is TGR sure it is not hosting images posted without consent? (yes, there is a thread about this - but it fits here too) Are you guys confident enough of this that you’d be willing to defend your “moderation” decisions in front of a judge or a professional organization (say the bar or a dental/medical board) or your spouse or your children or anyone else close to you? Including showing them the threads (or heck, even some avatars or handles) in question?

    Are you sure none of the images are of under-age individuals? Same follow-on questions as above.

    WTF is wrong with you that this is even a discussion anymore? You guys have let this stuff clutter up more and more of TGR. It drives good people out. It is off putting to many prospective members. I’m not talking about any sort of “morality” debate — it defines a hostile & objectifying environment. Do you think your porn following is super important to your advertisers? Do you brag to skis.com, Smith, evo, the state of UT, Mammut, various other manufacturers, assorted ski areas, etc, etc.. etc. that you are getting them access to the highly desirable male "masturbates a lot" crowd? If so, is that part of your pitch to prospective media sponsors? Do you show them those threads and say “hey, look at the access we can get you to this prime demographic?" Think they’d all be excited to have their brands affiliated with this?

    Why, at this point in time, are you willing to prioritize porn posters/viewers above the skiing/riding/kayaking/biking/etc. community at large? Inquiring minds really want to know.
    ifin its for the mods n owners
    send a chest thumpin white knight pm dipshit
    but kopi reds gotcha number
    you have an agenda thats to rad for privacy
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Vernon BC
    Posts
    540
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    4,092
    ^Nice!!

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    below the Broads Fork Twins
    Posts
    5,822
    Quote Originally Posted by ichibaneye View Post
    Beautifully written and so true. I'd like to also include the unwarranted lashing out directed at other forum members. What happened to community, brotherhood and the golden rule! I took a break from the forum based on the massive amount of terribly nasty individuals. Bullies always get what's coming to them in then end. Cheers and God bless!
    Find those sweaty undies yet?
    Success has many fathers, while failure remains an orphan // Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish they are after - HDT

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Big Sky
    Posts
    1,300
    It's no longer about the nudes. Now it's about moderating.

    But I propose a compromise:

    Get rid of the porn and then block MTNGURL for life.

    Your incessant feminist whining on this board...I remember the day you joined thinking holy frick this woman needs a father figure.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North,NorthEast
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,679
    Quote Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
    This is for mods & the owners - not the masses who have already weighed in elsewhere.

    There has been much discussion about the porn being posted in NSFW threads on TGR.

    This leads to several questions:

    Given the prominence of porn on the site at this point, why does TGR think it is more important to provide “masturbation aids” for loser men than to be a welcoming place for everyone?

    Is TGR sure it is not hosting images posted without consent? (yes, there is a thread about this - but it fits here too) Are you guys confident enough of this that you’d be willing to defend your “moderation” decisions in front of a judge or a professional organization (say the bar or a dental/medical board) or your spouse or your children or anyone else close to you? Including showing them the threads (or heck, even some avatars or handles) in question?

    Are you sure none of the images are of under-age individuals? Same follow-on questions as above.

    WTF is wrong with you that this is even a discussion anymore? You guys have let this stuff clutter up more and more of TGR. It drives good people out. It is off putting to many prospective members. I’m not talking about any sort of “morality” debate — it defines a hostile & objectifying environment. Do you think your porn following is super important to your advertisers? Do you brag to skis.com, Smith, evo, the state of UT, Mammut, various other manufacturers, assorted ski areas, etc, etc.. etc. that you are getting them access to the highly desirable male "masturbates a lot" crowd? If so, is that part of your pitch to prospective media sponsors? Do you show them those threads and say “hey, look at the access we can get you to this prime demographic?" Think they’d all be excited to have their brands affiliated with this?

    Why, at this point in time, are you willing to prioritize porn posters/viewers above the skiing/riding/kayaking/biking/etc. community at large? Inquiring minds really want to know.
    I'll answer. TGR isn't prioritizing, they set up some servers/developers at some cost, and use volunteers to run the place with minimal effort because they like to focus on other things than a forum and like it to be free haven for ski bums, friends from 20 yrs ago, and the occasional misfits/trolls that entertain the former. You are not their target audience. We have seen maggot businesses come and go, mags be born married, die, not all of the same generation. And porn wasn't a big deal over that amount of years. And it isn't now. Mtngrl made a stink. Woopdee do.

    Seriously question. Why are you hassling the mods and owners with this shit? TGR has been home of the maggots for more than 15 yrs and you are trying to fix it? As has been said before, don't like it, don't click. How hard is that?

    I agree with you a lot of time on political stuff, etc. Just STOP TRYING TO PUSH YOUR AGENDA, WHATEVER THAT IS, ON OTHERS.

    We all came to this place because we could be jackasses and not be scolded. Fuck you for scolding us and again, trying to bring it to attention to lawyers and owners to make a change YOU THINK IS RIGHT. It's not your home, Holmes. It's all of ours. You remind me of a roommate from college, for just one year.

    Grrrr
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Vernon BC
    Posts
    540
    Name:  4182_193996410631_3059587_n.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  30.7 KB
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    4,092
    ^ loose buckle?

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    15,003
    Ripnstick nails it
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    ^ loose buckle?
    And that is why I love this place...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ridin' 3 Sisters
    Posts
    6,967
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    ^ loose buckle?
    Tryin to zip up
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •