Reviews: Nordica GPX vs. Speedmachine

Hey all,

Need to put new shoes on this season, and going up a shell size due to repeated frostbite.

Anyone have experience with the above with the GPX 130 vs. Speedmachine 130, or the 120 version in those?

Also, bumping up a shell size and will need to suck up a bit of volume. Any input on that?

Personal info; 43 yrs, 6'3, 210. Mostly still agressive expert skier, but keeps my shoes on the ground and likes to slow down with kids sometimes.

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SM-G360V using TGR Forums mobile app

Coming from Atomic Redster 130, I've tried both 130's in a day. You try these on yet, b/c completely different boots fitwise. Speedmachine for me was a high volume boot so I can't imagine bumping up a size. I'm a 27.5 in most every boot and I was swimming in them at 27.5. But if you have Flintstone feet perhaps it fits. The GPX 130 offered nothing over the Redster and the toe box was more restrictive.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I haven't tried the Speedmachine on cause shop doesn't have them. Owner said to order and we'd custom fit. Forced to increase size cause of repeated frostbite from small boots. Going from 28 to 29, and I'm a 12 1/2 shoe.

Sent from my SM-G360V using TGR Forums mobile app

Been skiing the speed machine 14 in the 120 mode since around 08 or 09, or whenever they came out I think. They were a little cold at first but I put Intuition luxury liners in the second season. My favorite boot to date. I prefer the 120 mode 99% of the time, flex is perfect for me and takes the edge off unexpected bumps. Only use the 130 mode if theres nothing but ultra firm snow and even then I usually wont bother. Previous boots are Salomon Evoulution circa 1995 or so, Rossi Bandit XXX (never could get them to fit correctly and Salomon X-wave 10 (still have them as a back up).