Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: cool homes

Luxurious Bottom Growth
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

That was my nickname in high school

Even if I had $2 million burning a hole in my pocket I know what I still wouldn't buy: https://wgna.com/inside-the-lavish-s...bill-parcells/

Do you get to call it an estate when the neighbors can watch you swim?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Well once the earthquake pulls it most of the way into the ocean, and global warming finishes it off, it won’t appreciate much.
    itll get burnt to a crisp before that. Not sure the way to describe something that’s not near much for services, but that gets a ton of tourist traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    That Big Sur place is kinda calling me though. I need something to keep me busy in my dotage. The beach shack idea for here has run into environmental hurdles that would take years and a fortune to get past. Plus we already have a cousin to that statue in the first pic, it belongs there. Bandini, what do you mean about the neighbors? Meth heads? Hippies? Yuppies? Republicans???
    Lots of OG hippies, tending towards libertarian but with a huge interest in what neighbors are doing with their property. We called them wood ticks. Santa Cruz mountains are full of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    itll get burnt to a crisp before that. Not sure the way to describe something that’s not near much for services, but that gets a ton of tourist traffic.
    The rental RVs on Highway 1 going 10 miles an hour all summer are really special. They'll have a line of 30 cars behind them and never use the pullouts.

I'd never go into town if I had to deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    The rental RVs on Highway 1 going 10 miles an hour all summer are really special. They'll have a line of 30 cars behind them and never use the pullouts.

I'd never go into town if I had to deal with that.
    Heh, I did a bike tour south down Hwy 1 years ago in my youth, would have been nice to draft behind a slow moving RV, but they were all intent on hauling ass and terrifying other drivers with their shaky grasp of their vehicle's dimensions.

Remember this? Closed 750k over asking at 3.6 mil

That's quite a bidding war.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    This one's downright affordable, as these things go:
    https://www.redfin.com/WA/Bellingham.../home/15836709

Attachment 393380

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Remember this? Closed 750k over asking at 3.6 mil

That's quite a bidding war.
    I love that the Redfin estimate says it’s down 730k from when it sold 3 days ago.

The algorithm took the holiday weekend off, give it a break.

Ricardo Bofill died recently. I love the reuse of industrial space, especially when it's put in tension with re-encroaching nature, so I've always loved his house/studio in a repurposed cement factory.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Ricardo Bofill died recently. I love the reuse of industrial space, especially when it's put in tension with re-encroaching nature, so I've always loved his house/studio in a repurposed cement factory.
    Not child-safe.

Super cool.

Bumping this - any mags happen to be an architect or home designer? I would love to sling some work in their direction rather than some randoms who might try and fleece me. Plus, bragging rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Bumping this - any mags happen to be an architect or home designer? I would love to sling some work in their direction rather than some randoms who might try and fleece me. Plus, bragging rights.
    Northway
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

:: :: is also an architect located around Portland, OR. Not sure of his availability, but doesn't hurt to PM...

I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    https://timallenproperties.com/prope...920-ml81795277

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That Big Sur place is kinda calling me though. I need something to keep me busy in my dotage. The beach shack idea for here has run into environmental hurdles that would take years and a fortune to get past. Plus we already have a cousin to that statue in the first pic, it belongs there. Bandini, what do you mean about the neighbors? Meth heads? Hippies? Yuppies? Republicans???
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Lots of OG hippies, tending towards libertarian but with a huge interest in what neighbors are doing with their property. We called them wood ticks. Santa Cruz mountains are full of them.

I'd be willing to give it a shot.
    there you go...

it looks like stuntmonkey is north of the border so any input by me would be purely advisory (& unfortunately somewhat superficial given time reqts)

My input would be just like that, but worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    there you go...

it looks like stuntmonkey is north of the border so any input by me would be purely advisory (& unfortunately somewhat superficial given time reqts)
    I'm really just looking for someone to help with the design and drawings. I've got a builder, but his designer also works with other builders and is jam packed. Looking to break ground in the fall on a 2400 sqft home at the base of Fernie Ski Hill.

I'm also an EE - so I'd worry about all the legalities on this side and the builder will do anything code related. If anyone's up for it, I'll PM you.

I stumbled into this channel on YouTube. Some pretty cool stuff, mostly Australian.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/TheLocalProject

I'm really just looking for someone to help with the design and drawings.
    if i had change for a nickel for every time i've heard this...
    [i'm teasing...as an ee, you may sympathize (not trying to be mean-spirited)]

i do hope you find someone local...that's going to get you the most satisfying process & result
    the design world is busy for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    I stumbled into this channel on YouTube. Some pretty cool stuff, mostly Australian.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/TheLocalProject
    great link - i love that magazine [via youtube & instagram]
    i'm continually amazed at how many amazing projects come out of what seems to be a relatively small area of the world

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    if i had change for a nickel for every time i've heard this...
    [i'm teasing...as an ee, you may sympathize (not trying to be mean-spirited)]
    "It's fine, I'll just send you the as-builts after and you can make the changes then"