Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: cool homes

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    oh yes show him that slide one and give him a high fiver from me pls

cool additions ghosthop-
    it's also hilarious to think of all the cool stuff we'd see pre-camera/phone and just had to take the memories lol
    will do. he loves it when i share something you've posted.

haha yes those people appear to have really good all around taste

on the opposite end of the spectrum I just came across one of Johnny Depp's properties. Cute home but there is..........carpet in the kitchen
    https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/joh...se-farm-249977
    skid luxury

Netflix has a show called "The World's Most Extraordinary Homes". It's like an HGTV show but way way better, the homes they show are very cool, really interesting architecture, and the hosts (who do a really good job IMO) talk to the homeowners and the architects about the building after exploring it.

If you have netflix and dig cool homes and architecture, check it out, highly recommend it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

cool homes

^^^sounds cool.

Been doing a bunch of biking around Denver..love these:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5798.JPG 
Views:	168 
Size:	266.5 KB 
ID:	232395Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5792.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	278.9 KB 
ID:	232396

^^^^Really? An interesting Civic look to it. I was at a billionaires home that had a similar look. Just not my style.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

My house is paid for, generates income, is easy to clean if i choose to, no maintenance and <4 minutes from the micro brew

I could show you a picture but it would be pretty fucking boring eh?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

cool homes

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    ^^^^Really? An interesting Civic look to it. I was at a billionaires home that had a similar look. Just not my style.
    Not civic at all if you see the whole house. I love the simplicity of it and it’s scaled well. Nice courtyard tucked away as well.

Here’s another near my house I like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5785.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	840.2 KB 
ID:	232430

It certainly is simple in it's lines and I like Frank Lloyds ideas. My first house was post and beam with an open floor plan that I still like for the warmth. It had been a barn and I didn't know it was a when I bought it so maybe I'm not the best judge.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

this is the coolest house I've ever worked on

https://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/s...uride-co-81435

place reeeked like dope all day, ski patrol kept yelling at us because the dozen dogs running around would chase skiers occasionally or just play and shit on the ski run
    they were about ready to drywall and some fung shwey expert from japan showed up and decided everything was wrong and we needed to start over
    the stone was handpicked and shipped from some town that got flooded by the yangtze river
    used to ski back into town after work
    the bong holder out front was the funniest part, only cost about 10k plus the gong

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Netflix has a show called "The World's Most Extraordinary Homes".
    thanks for the suggestion- good stuff
    i appreciate some different neat stuff than the usual hgtv shows. the hosts are good but a touch dramatic. we decided we saw the first housegasms lol
    skid luxury

cool homes

“I LOOOVE it”

A little over the top...a little too breathless to be believed
    Especially for some of the homes that are more kitsch-y than quality

Nevertheless, harmless fun and some nice finishes & settings

(british voice)
    I’m in love with it. are you in love with it?
    skid luxury

(british voice)
    Haha!

well, sure, but it's a hard job to do well, they have to be a bit over enthusiastic. But I liked them, sure it was a little forced but I also thought some of their interaction was genuine and playful. And they didn't try to overshadow the homes themselves, some of which were amazing. The airplane one in California, the one in the alps, the home in the Adirondaks that was flipped on its head so to speak, are ones in particular that come to mind, just cool stuff.

Much better than the usual "ooh, look at these granite counters" type HGTV stuff.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I liked the Tuscon house (not the house itself, I thought there were some poor design points), you could tell that the wife/owner was not really all that thrilled with the whole thing, and surely wanted to kill her husband at many points.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    this is the coolest house I've ever worked on

https://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/s...uride-co-81435

place reeeked like dope all day, ski patrol kept yelling at us because the dozen dogs running around would chase skiers occasionally or just play and shit on the ski run
    they were about ready to drywall and some fung shwey expert from japan showed up and decided everything was wrong and we needed to start over
    the stone was handpicked and shipped from some town that got flooded by the yangtze river
    used to ski back into town after work
    the bong holder out front was the funniest part, only cost about 10k plus the gong

https://t.co/qn9cFxq4K1

For the baby dentists
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

For the Grown Dentists. https://tours.mountainhomephoto.com/...play/926341#!/

For the reasonable price of 40m

Real ballers. 40M home... 14k cars.

That railing is perfect for doing flips off of.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

as far as House shows go, I find these interesting! on Netflix and some episodes on youtube.

Lost People of Mountain Village is a classic!
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

(british voice)
    I cannot stand the hosts of that show. Wife loves it though. Some cool homes for sure. Overly dramatic.

I don't know how much you guys think dentists make, but $40M would take a shitload of crowns in my practice...

Grand Designs was fun to watch too...a few interesting homes, usually somewhat modest in aspiration (on a scale of custom).
    Half the time they blow their budgets and have no idea until they ‘re deep into construction.
    I just wonder how they get that far without going through a proper pricing exercise during design.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Grand Designs was fun to watch too...a few interesting homes, usually somewhat modest in aspiration (on a scale of custom).
    Half the time they blow their budgets and have no idea until they ‘re deep into construction.
    I just wonder how they get that far without going through a proper pricing exercise during design.
    it's easy
    contractor A comes in and flat out lies to the people just to get the job or has absolutely no clue how to properly estimate and price a project, customer goes with them because the price is 30% less than contractor B, 30% on paper savings can be a tens of thousands of dollars

contractor B comes in and tells the customer the truth, tells them everything they do not want to hear, knows how to price out a job, but because contractor B is honest about the costs, time line, etc he does not get the job

pretty fucking typical

"I just wonder how they get that far without going through a proper pricing exercise during design" Simple! 75% of the contractors out there have absolutely no clue how to properly price a job and the customer wants to save money so why pay a contractor on top of an architect to help design something. My best jobs are when an architect, customer, and contractor all work together from day one

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    https://t.co/qn9cFxq4K1

For the baby dentists
    I love the multi levels. although make sure you are not wearing slippery socks in that house..
    plus I think that is near the area where they have the snow monkeys that hang out in the hot springs with everyone
    skid luxury

Ski in/out for 4.25 at Snowmass.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.