Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: cool homes

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Where were you when I could have used that advice 15 years ago???

Yeah, I have a north facing home, and what's worse, our driveway and the curb is kind of in a low spot cul-de-sac-y thing, and the snow melts and pools there and re-freezes. Sometimes have a skating rink out front for a couple of months, it sucks.

Although honestly, even had I known, I still would have bought this house based on what was available at the time I was buying.
    When life gives you an ice rink for a driveway, take up hockey. I used to freeze my backyard in Detroit. My dad said ok as long as I took the garbage out to the alley.

I Like it. I'm not going to say anything about the price.

My parents just chuckle at the prices of Eichler's and Cliff May's in Southern California. When they got married (1957) you could buy one for under $20,000. Oh, and the furniture at Frank Bros in Long Beach. That was a bit more pricey for young couples but compared to prices today for original Danish pieces..

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    The place looks nice and pretty cool and you can see a lot went into it. I think people are choking a little on $2.5mm for a 3,200 sq. ft house on a quarter-acre lot. I wouldn't buy it myself but the zillow listing has been up for a day and it has nearly 1,000 views already, it'll sell at some price, it may be this one.

Can you call something built in 1968 MCM? I dunno to me that pretty much ends by 1960
    This sums up my thoughts pretty well. I like many of the material choices and you’re on trend with the pricey quality homes in my area. Was mostly surprised it was going down like that in Boulder, but what do I know.

Let's see how long this price bump lasts. Probably a long while, I figure. COVFEFE taught people they don't have to be in a city, and off they went buying in those towns they visited for a few summer weekends.
    Outside used to do a story about them every year. Does it still?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Was mostly surprised it was going down like that in Boulder, but what do I know.
    As I noted upthread, the listing doesn't convey the uniqueness and "exclusiveness" of the location; it just looks like a nice home in central Boulder. But it's definitely more than that. Whether it's worth the current price, though, is for the buyers to say.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

cool homes

Boulder is an expensive market. $2.5M for 3,600 SF may seem nuts but $690/SF is reasonable by local standards. I moved my family across town last year and our renovated 1920s-era bungalow that wasn’t nearly as nice sold for $770/SF.
    Last edited by ski-wpk; 10-24-2020 at 12:24 AM.

Just saw this on Reddit - they bought a warehouse and built out the inside with a few apartments and a big-ass garage (with urinal, a nice touch). The guy (girl?) who did the work split with their partner and is selling it.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...7548905_zpid/?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warehouse1.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	266.0 KB 
ID:	344698

Name:	Warehouse3.JPG 
Size:	333.6 KB 
ID:	344699

Name:	Warehouse4.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	391.8 KB 
ID:	344701

Name:	Warehouse5.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	187.8 KB 
ID:	344703

Man the amount of work that went that. They shoulda just divided it in half.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Man the amount of work that went that. They shoulda just divided it in half.
    I had the same thought! There are two separate apartments in there, so it seems workable...would have to divvy up garage access rights though and maybe that was a bridge too far.

That is a fire trap. I can't believe that passed any inspection.

Here's one for $2.5 million. It's in Ohio, but at least it's Summit County with some biking and hiking nearby. And fewer bros than Boulder.
    Whoever staged the house really went for gilded and frilly. Not a fan.
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...35449730_zpid/

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    Here's one for $2.5 million. It's in Ohio, but at least it's Summit County with some biking and hiking nearby. And fewer bros than Boulder.
    Whoever staged the house really went for gilded and frilly. Not a fan.
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...35449730_zpid/
    Goddamn, you get a lot for your money in Akron. Agree with you about the staging though.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Goddamn, you get a lot for your money in Akron. Agree with you about the staging though.
    The throne in the study with a white schnauzer on it is an interesting staging choice, that is for sure. If you have dreams of being the leader of the Peeky Blinders, this house is perfect.

This table in the bathroom is hilarious; was that a troll by their stager / interior decorator?

Name:  table.JPG
Views: 533
Size:  46.4 KB

That place reminds me of Larry Flynt's office. (Yes, I've been there.)

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    While we're on the topic of Boulder, here's an actually cool home there:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...13180999_zpid/

that looks like a “cool” officespace for some tech dweebs that mixes multiple arch styles into a mess

Nice views though

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Boulder real estate blows my freaking mind. 2.5 mill for a 1968 tract home with some trendy colors and good appliances. Get that paper and all but damn, that is nuts.

I've been back on a serious a-frame kick recently. @aframedaily is my new favorite IG account.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGGNLgoH...on_share_sheet
    was going to post the other day that the owner of this place https://www.facebook.com/HatcherPassLodge is getting old and is probably close to selling. Well he passed away today. Have no idea what will happen with the lodge. Pretty sure you could get it for less than 2.5 million. RIP Hap
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Just curious- why? I've lived in a place like that.

No fire separation between the garage and the hipster living area. Egress in that bedroom looks non-existent, too.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Seriously. That's a listing you pass along to the local building department.

I wouldn’t want to live in Philly, but that place is seriously cool. Frankly, firetrap and all, if I lived in Philly I’d be all over that place.

But you'd still be in Philly. *shudder*
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Been looking for a project like that in SEA for years.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Just saw this on Reddit - they bought a warehouse and built out the inside with a few apartments and a big-ass garage (with urinal, a nice touch). The guy (girl?) who did the work split with their partner and is selling it.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...7548905_zpid/?

Name:	warehouse1.JPG 
Size:	266.0 KB 
ID:	344698

Name:	Warehouse3.JPG 
Size:	333.6 KB 
ID:	344699

Name:	Warehouse4.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	391.8 KB 
ID:	344701

Name:	Warehouse5.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	187.8 KB 
ID:	344703
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

https://skylabarchitecture.com/work/...er-foundation/
    two lots: one commercial warehouse next to residential lot
    they put a skate pool in the warehouse and ran a sound production company (or something adjacent) with a residence upstairs

Name:	33FEA088-A564-42B3-87D6-B5A2F1BE22AF.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	779.6 KB 
ID:	344826

That’s rad.