Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Warren Miller "Line of Descent"....What a Joke

I haven't watched a Warren Miller movie in a while...I guess I should be thankful after watching this piece of shit.

There literally isn't an exciting moment in the entire movie. The editing and producing is bottom of the barrel...Like 5th grade level, at best.

These people had every resource (tech, athletes, locale) and somehow put together a total pile of dog shit.

Save yer money for drugs and alcohol...You'll be a better person if you don't watch this.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

The Beartooth Pass and powsurf segments were pretty dope. I thought it was fine , not amazing , not dogshit, just fine. At least I got a free Taos ticket

OTOH, WM films used to be great for free swag, and free two-for's at The Bird and B-RIGHT-ON. I'm a little miffed that the Park City showing of the new TGR movie at High West costs $75/ticket. => Pass!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    The Beartooth Pass and powsurf segments were pretty dope. I thought it was fine , not amazing , not dogshit, just fine. At least I got a free Taos ticket
    Yer right...the pow surf was cool

Still absolutely terrible overall

I did get a good 2 fer 1 I'll use
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    . I'm a little miffed that the Park City showing of the new TGR movie at High West costs $75/ticket. => Pass!
    What the fucking fuck?

Glad I'm getting out, that place is getting wack
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

So WM and TGR are one in the same? Rogue elements was awful.

wow, this is getting worser bi da post
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post

haha i came to say the same thing. tgr could not have mailed it in more. my parents and my kid came to watch it and my parents struggled to last 30 minutes (which is no completely surprising in the best case scenario), as did i. the only reason i didn't walk out was because it was the boy's first big screen movie and he wanted to watch it to the end.

and i have to say the whole bit with the urban skiers "causing" near car accidents was unbelievably lame. i could go on but fortunately i am not willing to dig up what i have mostly forgotten. but oh yeah the audio was awful, which was okay because the dialogue also sucked.

WM has been sub par for quite some time now.

I though that Nick McNutt promo TGR put together was pretty good.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    The gf and I thought the same thing about Rogue Elements - definitely not impressed. Where did all their athletes go? It was like they had no overall concept for the movie and there was no flow to it at all. We came away supremely disappointed.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

So TGR was like, hey our backyard just received the largest snow fall in for fuck all. I know, let's send one of our best athletes to Cham to ski absolutely shitty conditions where they are having a major drought.
    Genius!!!!

Wow, surprised to hear Rogue sucked. WM on the other hand has been so douche chilly to watch for years. Just painful. Half the movies are promos for western resorts.

The quality of The Warren Miller productions has really gone down over time for me. The basic formula is just getting old and tired.

The thing that ended it for me was the digitizing of the schwag. We used to hit 3 or four showings in different towns in our area to get the decent ticket schwags. Most of the shows would have a different area for the free ticket give away plus a bunch of 2 fers.

Now, with the online registration necessary to receive your schwag, you are limited to one shows goods no matter how many tickets you pay for.

This is some bullshit in my opinion. Most of the shows around here are way less that sold out, so it's not like we're keeping folks from seeing the show. We pays for our tickets. This is just about being cheeeeep with the extras.

it is just a little depressing that something I have really looked forward and enjoyed with my family and friends for the past 45 years has come to this. I remember when that funny looking fuck used to come our ski club showings of his movies and narrate the film live. The free schwag was always the highlight of the night. Skis, passes, clothes....just tonnes of stuff.

Now, nobody gives anything worth while away anymore. All Bogos or midweek tickets subject to severe blackouts. Or the pre 12/20 or after 4/1 tickets that almost no one ever uses.

Sigh..... old man rant over.

get the fuck off my lawn, ya little basturds!

Dude, Tgr gave away kumbucha or however the fuck you spell shitty hipster swill and Stevens pass ticket buy one get one, not valid on weekends or weekdays ending in "y" and only good after 3pm until 4:45 and non holidays.

I was bored the last time I went to a WM movie. It was too long, with nothing new or creative in it. The best shots were actually rented from Poor Boyz if I remember right.

Then they sued Level 1 for having Warren Miller talk in it and I was out. Fuck those guys. I’ll never give them another dime of my money

I like Jonny Mosely but his narration is not good.

It sucked, even for WM. The pow surfing bit was 3x too long, and the kid trying to kill himself was just sad not inspiring.
    You gotta try hard to make Silverton seem lame. Rogue Elements was Lawrence of Arabia by comparison, and it was on the meh side.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Silverton segment was terrible. The editing was bizarre

Ski films would be better if they would just let the skiing do the talking and completely ditch the dialogue. Most of the time, if not painful, it’s just bland and boring filler to cover the lack of content. How about discussing line choice and general stoke with the athletes instead of childish antics and “comedic” relief?

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Silverton segment was terrible. The editing was bizarre
    Wow, how do you screw up a segment on Silverton?!

That was some sick corduroy though....

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    Ski films would be better if they would just let the skiing do the talking and completely ditch the dialogue. Most of the time, if not painful, it’s just bland and boring filler to cover the lack of content. How about discussing line choice and general stoke with the athletes instead of childish antics and “comedic” relief?
    This. No shit. I also like audio from the skier during the run.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I don't know if it was just the SF showing of the TGR flick that was "presented by REI" but it definitely felt watered down so it could be marketed to a broader, more family friendly audience. I was pretty bored half way through. The skiing was good but the movie had no flow and the bland sound track didn't help either. I feel like the whole ski marketing section has taken a big step back from handing out swag. There used to be tons of swag at movies and snowbomb events but now you're lucky if you walk away with a branded beer coozy. It's not like pass prices are getting any cheaper...

Interesting, we all know Warren Miller is no longer associated with Warren Miller films.

I have so many good memories of going to Warren Miller premiers at places like the Crystal Bay theater Back in the day.
    I was filmed by warren miller when i was 16. Did not make the cut even with a 90 foot Huck and a broken nose!!

The world has changed.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    numinous