Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    What, no one here rides their Ducati to go skiing??

Lol, yep, that movie is one long infomercial.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Sigh..... old man rant over.
    First off.
    }} Get a real screen name for fucksake. {{
    If you are a
    >> *gobbeldygook* m_series jong <<,
    we are just gonna ignore & forget what you said.

But I also am pissed at the lousy movie comps these days.
    Seems to be linked with the *cheap*, multi resort passes of recent years.

We saw this year's tgr movie. Thought it was *mighty fine*.
    Had issues with elements of the venue though.
    Reno.
    It was an rei sponsored thing.

We have only ever been to one WM movie. Not gonna go again
    (We learned to ski as adults)

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Almost went to see this the other night. Haven't been to a WM screening in decades, only MSP/TGR shows. For a Sugarbush lift ticket, which I think was offered, it makes financial sense to buy the movie ticket ($20 or $25 admission). OTOH I haven't paid for a lift ticket in VT in about 10 years so probably woulda given it away.

Too bad the movie sucked, I have seen a few recent (like, past 5 years) WM movies on TV and they have their moments, but you can't expect them to be like a good MSP/TGR flick. I think it's still fun every few years to watch Steep and Deep or one of those 80's WM movies...
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Old school guy here... I miss seeing Coombs, Seth, Dana Flahr, Todd Ligare and some of the other big line chargers... Ian probably had about 10 min in Rogue and no doubt Sage not being in it leaves a hole... Paradise Awaits and Tight Loose were bad ass along with several other TGR movies... Rogue was def a big miss for me...
    Agree with the older school. Were Angel and Johnny bad ass in Rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Agree with the older school. Were Angel and Johnny bad ass in Rogue?
    Angel and Johnny always kick ass and are my favorite new crop of big mountain skiers along with Smoothy (TGR athletes) They killed it in Rogue, but their segments were brief and just did not have the same vibe and flow as previous films.

I would love to see Kye, Johnny and Richard P ski together as they are just at a whole diff level! They can rip huge Alaskan lines and at the same time use any feature on any given line/mountain and throw the biggest trick.

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

I have not seen many WM films recently, but the ones I've seen, have sucked. Maybe it was because I was young, and there were not other options...but I enjoyed Steep and Deep and Beyond the Edge from memory. I think a few after those were decent too, but fell off quickly after that.

Is there a reason TGR hasn't had Lynsey Dyer in their flicks? She can rip and is based right there...

^^ She was in a few TGR movies back in the day. It's all about sponsor money, etc.

So Todd Ligare is old school TGR? Pretty sure his first TGR movie was 2011 - One for the Road.

The lack of Sage due to injury was a bummer. Amazing it was the first time he's ever been seriously injured.

I've quit watching most of the Warren "Boring" Miller Entertainment films. Not even close to what they used to be, you know, fun films highlighting what skiing is all about, shitty snow conditions yet skiers are ripping lines, not whining about "down days" because it's packed powder. Same goes for TGR, the jib segments get real old fast and the athletes talking about how awesome they are all while landing and making a big splash. Like Plake said in Dr. StrangeGlove, "if you make a big splash, you suck".

I routinely watch old Dick Barrymore and Greg Stump films to remember what it was like to rip on straight skis in less than ideal conditions and still enjoy every minute of it while listening to ZTT Music and Trevor Horn mixes.

As for some of the other independent film companies, keep doing what you're doing and keep the stoke going on those projects. Thanks Dendrite!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Is there anywhere you can buy / watch Bearings yet? Can't seem to find it but liked their movie last year.
    Surprised they don't seem to have it up on Vimeo yet, as they have premiered it at a bunch of festivals... maybe they will just launch it free on SalomonTV this year.

The snow surfing shit was cool. However it was way after my bedtime when the Ducati segment nearly finished me off. You can't plug the Volkswagen Atlas at the EXACT same time you're plugging the Ducati. I mean, where were the bikes stored, in the glove box? Not even the attempt at an illusion that you're not traveling with a 20-person crew. Garbage. Our showing was in a music venue, and at least the bass on the Silverton segment shook my intestines hard enough to make want tacos afterwards.

And we got Jackson Hole tickets.

This is (apparently) on offer for a show in NJ in two days--I would buy every available ticket if I didn't have to show up:

All show attendees will receive:
    - Free lift ticket to Sugarbush
    - Free lift ticket to Gore Mountain
    - Free lift ticket to Windham Mountain Resort
    - Free lift ticket to Smugglers' Notch
    - 2-for-1 lift ticket to Killington
    - 2-for-1 lift ticket to Mountain Creek Resort
    - Free early- or late-season lift ticket to Steamboat
    - Free lift ticket or buy-one-get-one free ticket to Belleayre

Wondering what that last line really means though, or if they are actually just giving people one of these. Weak sauce if that's the story, but the last line makes me wonder.
    [quote][//quote]

They're basically all BOGO and not redeemable during holiday periods. Free tix turn into BOGO after Dec 22ish
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

These are the offers on the coupons I got... Let me know if you want one.

E LIFT TICKET TO SUGARBUSH

Everyone attending this screening will receive a voucher good for One (1) FREE lift ticket to Sugarbush, valid Monday through Friday from Opening Day 2017 through Closing Day 2018, EXCEPT FOR 12.23.17 through 1.01.18, 1.13.18 through 1.15.18, AND 2.17.18 through 2.25.18. Not valid with any other offers. No refunds. Non-transferable. Ticket must be loaded onto a reloadable Sugarbush RFID card. If you do not already have a Sugarbush RFID card, one may be purchased for $5.

FREE EARLY- OR LATE-SEASON LIFT TICKET TO STEAMBOAT

Everyone attending this screening will receive a voucher good for One (1) FREE lift ticket to Steamboat. OFFER VALID either: a) 11.23.17 through 12.15.17; OR b) 4.01.18 through 4.16.18. Non-transferable. Not valid with any other offers. No cash value. No refunds. $5 fee for RFID card.

FREE LIFT TICKET TO SMUGGLERS' NOTCH

Everyone attending this screening will receive a voucher good for either: a) One (1) FREE lift ticket to Smugglers’ Notch, valid from Opening Day 2017 through 12.25.17 (redeem at any ticket window); OR b) Buy One (1) adult 3-mountain, full-day lift ticket and receive a lift ticket of equal or lesser value FREE. Valid from Opening Day 2017 through 4.16.18, EXCEPT FOR 12.26.17 through 1.01.18, 1.13.18 through 1.15.18, AND 2.17.18 through 2.25.18. Free ticket must be used on the same day. Valid on single-day ticket only. Not valid with any other offer. No cash value. Not for resale. Cashier code: 99134 (buy-1-get-1) or 99148 (free). For more information: 800.523.2754 or smuggs.com.

FREE LIFT TICKET TO GORE MOUNTAIN

Everyone attending this screening will receive a voucher to Gore Mountain good for either: a) One (1) FREE lift ticket, valid from Opening Day 2017 through 12.15.17; OR b) One (1) 2-FOR-1 lift ticket. NOT VALID 12.25.17 through 1.01.18, 1.13.18 through 1.15.18, AND 2.17.18 through 2.25.18. Free ticket must be redeemed same day and be of same or lesser value than the one purchased. OFFER EXPIRES Closing Day 2018. No refunds. No cash value. Non-transferable.

FREE LIFT TICKET OR BUY-ONE-GET-ONE FREE TICKET TO BELLEAYRE

Everyone attending this screening will receive a voucher to Belleayre, good for either: a) One (1) FREE lift ticket, valid from Opening Day 2017 through 12.15.17; OR b) Buy One (1) adult one-day lift ticket and receive a lift ticket of equal or lesser value FREE. NOT VALID 12.25.17 through 1.01.18, 1.13.18 through 1.15.18, AND 2.17.18 through 2.19.18. Free ticket must be redeemed same day as purchased ticket and be of same or lesser value than the one purchased. OFFER EXPIRES Closing Day 2018. Not valid with any other offer. No refunds. No cash value. Non-transferable.

TWO FREE DAYS OF SPRING SKIING AT JACKSON HOLE MOUNTAIN RESORT (OFFER VARIES BY SHOW)

Everyone attending this screening will receive a voucher good for Two (2) consecutive free days of skiing at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Offer valid 3.01.18 through 4.08.18, EXCEPT FOR the following blackout dates: 3.25.18 through 4.01.18. Non-transferable. Not valid with any other ticket product or promotion. Offer will be attached to a customer name with address, email and driver's license number. Customer must show approved photo ID at JHMR ticket window at time of redemption.

I want the Gore if you're giving away. I have one but buddy I went with got hammered and lost his.

We'll use it bringing a crew up there
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

pm sent

I'd take the steamboat voucher. I don't know how to send PMs through Tapatalk but I'll send one in the morning from work

And if anyone else doesn't want their boat voucher, I would gladly take em. I have family in the boat so my wife and I are there multiple times a year. I usually skin up the mountain pre opening when I'm there as I refused to pay over $100 for a day of skiing unless there's hookers and blow involved

here's a nice W-B edit ....... for freez!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTsqq1Q3Lr8
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

I’m going tomorrow night in Seattle, anybody else?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Who is the target demographic with that? Marketing miss for me.
    Enjoyed the bowling allley and I could probably line up 20 young rippers if prices to watch. But I guess the new target demographic is silver foxes from deer valley.

DSM (and points east) is the target market for WM.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    That Ski Magazine subscription that never ends is worth it tho. Amiright?
    totally worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Who is the target demographic with that? Marketing miss for me.
    Gapers.

We used to call those movies "Boring Filler".

Anyways, who watches ski movies any more? JK, I like going to a premier every season, it's tradition but I barely saw any of RE this year, I was busy at the bar spending time with old friends.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

That was the Epic Pass of ski movies. Holy shit it was bad. A groomer segment?!?

Got a free Taos day though, so all good.