Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1915
    PSA: Stop Changing Your Fucking Usernames

Nice try.

m2711c fer life bro.... Already got the tattoo!

Name:  image1.jpeg
Views: 517
Size:  429.0 KB

while a pertinent deflection, still a deflection

commit to non-license plate status

your community thanks you
    PM me your favorite stashes, I'll send you a pic of skidog's tits

what's up with nopostholio and fatkidfromfl? did they elope?

Looks like someone found spicy conditions in the NE Cascades already:

Source: https://www.nwac.us/observations/pk/3051/

Open invite for a saturday shred of inter-glacier on rainier. white river road will hopefully open on friday. join your nerd-board friends on an epic adventure high up a mellow open slope where you can watch Mofro lap all of us repeatedly. No squares and no geeks that need their hand held. stoners and strong intermediates only.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Open invite for a saturday shred of inter-glacier on rainier. white river road will hopefully open on friday. join your nerd-board friends on an epic adventure high up a mellow open slope where you can watch Mofro lap all of us repeatedly. No squares and no geeks that need their hand held. stoners and strong intermediates only.
    Thoughts on the forecast for Saturday? UW's was uninspiring.

Sent from my XT1254 using TGR Forums mobile app
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

It'll pan out. My hope is that hits Friday night and clears into saturday. Winter science website is hopeful to say the least.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Someone posted a trip to ski Mt Adams, and I can't find it anymore, thanks search!

How are the conditions in the SW chutes?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Looks like some snowfall today/tonight on Adams, weather gradually clearing through Monday. Freezing levels around 9k. Could be pretty good skiing beginning of next week if the weather clears out!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Z - if you went, what did you find?

Mountain biker killed by cougar this morning near North Bend.

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/crew...bend/752771730

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Holy shit that's frightening. I live near there. We're aware of bears but you rarely see the cats, outta sight outta mind sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Holy shit that's frightening. I live near there. We're aware of bears but you rarely see the cats, outta sight outta mind sometimes.
    Yep.

Amazed by this from that link.

"The last fatal attack in Washington apparently occurred in 1924"

I thought I recalled one quite recently in WA?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Anyone hear more on the location? Lots of food roaming around on bikes today with the Raging River opening day ceremonies . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Anyone hear more on the location? Lots of food roaming around on bikes today with the Raging River opening day ceremonies . . .
    That location was my first guess too. Glad I was in Roslyn today on Ratpac. Damn cats. Vibes to those affected.

Crazy. Never seen a cougar out there but have heard a lot of wolf or coyote calls

Quote Originally Posted by BeardMech View Post
    Crazy. Never seen a cougar out there but have heard a lot of wolf or coyote calls
    You have not heard wolves there.

https://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_wolf/packs/

I had a cougar follow me along the treeline by the power line trail at highpoint on tiger mountain years ago.

Never heard my dog make the same growl as he did that day.. connected with his inner wolf.

Same dog got into it with a coyote near there another time.. coyote lost.. luckily Max didn't take off after him back to a pack.

TV news is saying victims hit cougar with bike and it took off into woods.. then attacked them again.

Most likely not, but I did check out the locations of the known tracked packs with one being semi close, and there has been sighting of wolves around either side of the pass (on the same website as the one you posted there are reports of potential sightings and it isn't uncommon for wolves to venture occasional away from their usual locations. There is a pack on the eastern side of Snoqualmie pass, so to say that there is not any wolves 50 or so miles from a known pack location seems ridiculous). I assumed they were not wolves, but I'm not going to say it couldn't have been because as I have no way to confirm or deny. The howls were certainly something other than dogs though.

The attack happened between Ernie's Grove & Lake Hancock along the N. Fork Snoqualmie River. Apparently it was an adolescent cougar who had not yet established a territory - this combined with the speed at which bicycles move made them look like prey. Apparently the duo scared the cougar off once before it ambushed them a second time, attacking the victim's companion at which point the victim attempted to escape, attracting the cougar's attention and was ultimately killed. The companion was able to escape and return to civilization to call 911. The victim was a former Seattle bicycle shop employee who led a set of regular group rides specifically targeting non-traditional cyclists. I'd had the pleasure of riding with the victim a few times - they* were pleasant, kind-hearted people who brightened the lives of everyone they interacted with.

*The victim prefers a plural pronoun, just wanted to clarify to minimze any confusion

Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    Z - if you went, what did you find?
    Weather scared us off. Secondhand reports say weather wasn't bad and skiing was good.

In other news nash is skiing fantastic top to bottom. Only 50 minutes from seattle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180519_102608.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	236459

The gnarliest sign at alpy. Skinning just got real

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    The attack happened between Ernie's Grove & Lake Hancock along the N. Fork Snoqualmie River. Apparently it was an adolescent cougar who had not yet established a territory - this combined with the speed at which bicycles move made them look like prey. Apparently the duo scared the cougar off once before it ambushed them a second time, attacking the victim's companion at which point the victim attempted to escape, attracting the cougar's attention and was ultimately killed. The companion was able to escape and return to civilization to call 911. The victim was a former Seattle bicycle shop employee who led a set of regular group rides specifically targeting non-traditional cyclists. I'd had the pleasure of riding with the victim a few times - they* were pleasant, kind-hearted people who brightened the lives of everyone they interacted with.

*The victim prefers a plural pronoun, just wanted to clarify to minimze any confusion
    Sorry to hear you knew the person Pipe. Sounds like they were a good one.

Sounds like they found the guy who went missing at Baker in January.

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/news...211578724.html
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Skied Mt Adams today.
    Plan was to ski the SW chutes, but it started to show around 10:30 while we were skinning just below 11,000.
    That was ok, but we experienced crazy static electricity, ice axe was vibrating, hair standing in and directions, fingers tingling.

Not sure if it was dangerous or not, but since thunderstorms were scheduled, we bailed.
    Skiing was great, about an inch or graupel on top of frozen snow.

Of course, when we got to the car, it all cleared out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180523_133442870_HDR.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	236860

Road clear almost to the South climb trailhead. Continuous skinning within 10 minutes.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app