Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1915
    Extending and realigning 3 to the Windy Saddle/head of Bathtub would be good and Josh and I talked about that today. I really think a lift from the flat at the bottom of Kawham, up to the wing or beyond would be better money spent. You could run that chair on the stormiest of day and you wouldn't miss out on much of the current lift served terrain.

Adding a chair up to the top of 4 doesn't help get people to 'The Village', the terrain that would easily allow that is outside the current SUP boundary. If they log a bunch and cut a cat track there could be a groomed cat track back to the owner's new section of land, seems like a really bad investment. I'm sure that as soon as the lots and condos sell the project will be dead in the water.

You're only gaining less than 500 vf by putting a lift from the bottom of Wounded Knee to the top of Seldom Scene. Doesn't seem worth it for terrain that is hardly skiable for half the season.

Adding a chairlift within the existing area boundaries would be with the goal of expanding lift served terrain. That is likely why the location is where it is.

I haven't seen specific locations for the additional proposed lifts but am interested to find out where (and how) those are feasible.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

You're only gaining less than 500 vf by putting a lift from the bottom of Wounded Knee to the top of Seldom Scene. Doesn't seem worth it for terrain that is hardly skiable for half the season.
    Where is the top of Seldom Scene?

My two cents as far as lifts go would be to replace chair one with a high speed quad.

Snow in the PNW lowlands this evening! Fun drive home just now in the turbo wagon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180221_215602054.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	225220

Leave early and watch out for morans tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Snow in the PNW lowlands this evening! Fun drive home just now in the turbo wagon.

Name:	IMG_20180221_215602054.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	225220

Leave early and watch out for morans tomorrow.
    Yup watch out for moraines and bergschrunds on the roads tomorrow. And morons too.

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    Yeah I saw the extended pattern for the region and booked the trip two days ago. Rode my bike here last night in shorts and a jersey in 74 degree weather. WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    Yup watch out for moraines and bergschrunds on the roads tomorrow. And morons too.

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy109 View Post
    is snoqualmie summit worth staying in the area for, or should I just come back Tuesday?
    come back tues, ski xtal or stevens monday.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Stayed in the city last night, the Olympics looked amazing this morning:

Hope everyone's out making the most of this "snow" day. Everyone I work with is working from home or already on vacation due to mid-winter break

Mission Ridge. Best turns we’re still on Castle. Didn’t want to head out Windy Ridge by myself in that opposite wind. Wind was really only bad up top. I got randomly asked about wind affect but I think I seriously found more sun affect. Mainly in Central Park. Lots of skiers goin out there recently. Saw a ribbon on a tree. Not sure what it was for but suspect someone marking their run so I stayed away.
    Did find some pretty weak wind affect on the traverse out to Sugar bowl but very weak.

Mostly really sweet snow. Especially if it is steep and unskied.

I'll be at Baker on Saturday, and maybe Sunday if anyone wants to go for a run or two.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

My shellshock from Pres Day Wknd crowds leaves me happy to finally find a Sunday stormday of blind skiing at Baker. Happy that the local hill is pulling in the cash, but liftlines have been killing the vibe a bit and I'm already out of sickdays for the midweek scene.

Better luck tomorrow for a pass closure, I suppose. Heard just about everywhere was a shitshow and yet the kooks still made it up to pack the parking lots full

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Better luck tomorrow for a pass closure, I suppose. Heard just about everywhere was a shitshow and yet the kooks still made it up to pack the parking lots full
    Pass closure, power outage, and shut down the water supply might just make things perfect for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Pass closure, power outage, and shut down the water supply might just make things perfect for ya.
    There's no place like home

A bunch of little birdies just tweeted in my ears that the Hi2 is currently on hold due to high winds and whiteout conditions.

Now on the website:
    We are in the midst of a winter storm with strong wind across the mountain and extreme gusts. All chairs are currently on a wind hold. We are pushing for a tentative 10am opening this morning, conditions permitting.
    Last edited by pipedream; 02-25-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    A bunch of little birdies just tweeted in my ears that the Hi2 is currently on hold due to high winds and whiteout conditions.

Now on the website:
    More birdies told me it is blowing 50+ on the top- stevens backside is closed all day and lifts have a tentative opening of 1300

Mission is skiing great today. Smooth windbuffed and boot top low density snow.

God lord Mt Baker, I just errrrrgazmed! Y'all are blessed right now.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bebb2k-nImE/

Stomping it!

Gonna have to get some new, old, stained undies to wear now?

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Mission is skiing great today. Smooth windbuffed and boot top low density snow.
    Tons of fun at Mission today. Raison d’etre.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Gonna have to get some new, old, stained undies to wear now?
    interesting that he deleted that thread.

New profile pic = new identity

Stomping it?
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    interesting that he deleted that thread.

New profile pic = new identity

Stomping it?
    So you're saying that Itchy is a Pio alias?

Quote Originally Posted by ichibaneye View Post
    God lord Mt Baker, I just errrrrgazmed! Y'all are blessed right now.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bebb2k-nImE/

Stomping it!
    That pow is sick
    (But that IG post is a month old)

Full on storm skiing this morning at mission, then, as usual, it cleared up. Great day skiing with LVS and Steveski ticking off one tree stash after another.

LVS with an old larch

Name:	Image1519603649.982622.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	404.6 KB 
ID:	225701