Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 1915
    Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    You're gonna be seeing a lot of new faces bumping chairs this season...
    You don't ride Crustal enough to know that this has always been the case.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I don't miss working for Boyne. Stupid low pay and shitty to their employees.

Welcome to your first day, now Boyne over.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Any y'all gonna be at The Neptune next Thurs. (9/27) for the showing of "Far Out"?
    https://www.tetongravity.com/films/f...esented-by-rei

Also bump because the higher bumps got dusted last night

I'll be there with a big crew. Need to actually meet some pnw mags this winter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Any y'all gonna be at The Neptune next Thurs. (9/27) for the showing of "Far Out"?
    https://www.tetongravity.com/films/f...esented-by-rei

Also bump because the higher bumps got dusted last night
    You gonna be there? I should buy a ticket.

Pre show beers somewhere again this year?

Cross posting this here in case any locals want to come out to the Run of Hope this Sunday, 9/23 at Seward Park. Event starts at 9am, with the race (5k run or 3k walk) starting at 10am. My son and a couple other kids will be sharing a few words before the race at 9:20am. Great charity for pediatric brain tumor research.

Read more here: Run of Hope for Pediatric Brain Tumor Research

More info here:
    Run of Hope: https://www.runofhopeseattle.org/
    Direct link to signup for 5k run or 3k walk: https://www.firstgiving.com/event/se.../runofhope2018 <-------- Race registration dollars also go 100% to research.

Alpental closing day 2017
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rkh.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	247764

Taking my old man up to North Cascades and over to Twisp/Winthrop this weekend. Anyone have any not-so-secret, easy access lakes or hikes or cool things to checkout when over there? For an idea of the level of "easy access" im talking about, he picked out hiking into cutthroat lake as an ideal length hike. I have a beater 4runner so im more than happy to drive on some rough roads if needed.

Also, any tips on places to stay or eat would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Taking my old man up to North Cascades and over to Twisp/Winthrop this weekend. Anyone have any not-so-secret, easy access lakes or hikes or cool things to checkout when over there? For an idea of the level of "easy access" im talking about, he picked out hiking into cutthroat lake as an ideal length hike. I have a beater 4runner so im more than happy to drive on some rough roads if needed.

Also, any tips on places to stay or eat would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Harts pass is really neat, might run in to a bunch of hunters but it's amazing access to alpine terrain. Hiking north on the PCT from there is cool. There are also lots of peaks in the immediate slate/harts pass area that are easy scrambles/walk ups with amazing views and idyllic meadows.

Copper Glance lake is a fun one, very pretty basin. North of Winthrop in the central Pasayten area.

For a longer hike, Lewis/Wing lake off heather/maple pass are really beautiful. Sort of scrambley/class 2ish hike but worth it. And the Heather/Maple pass loop is a classic. Might be kind of mobbed with people though.

Cutthroat
    Blue Lake
    Williams and Louis, (might be issues hiking to those as they're up the Twisp river drainage that is still kinda burning).
    Copper Glance, (kinda steep).
    Scatter, (real steep hike).
    Lake Ann
    Get a green trails map at Winthrop Mountain Sports, or just look these up.

Other easy non-lake hikes are Patterson Mtn., (my wife runs this once /week or so), but nice 360 views, Goat Peak lookout, (steep at the end), Cedar Creek falls. Lots more, but those are all pretty cool, not brutal, and have views.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Harts pass is really neat, might run in to a bunch of hunters but it's amazing access to alpine terrain. Hiking north on the PCT from there is cool. There are also lots of peaks in the immediate slate/harts pass area that are easy scrambles/walk ups with amazing views and idyllic meadows.
    The PCT is closed north of Hart's Pass for the remainder of the calendar year due to fire. It's been a big bummer for the thru-hikers this year. I don't recall if the access to Slate Pk is currently closed as well, but there's a great view from the LO up there.

My recommendation would be to hit to Blue Lake where the larches will almost certainly be hitting their peak, but be prepared for snow as the freezing level is gonna dip down to 5k with precip in the forecast for this week. Cutthroat Lake has some larch, but nothing like Blue Lake.

If you're looking for decent grub and a cold one, the Old Schoolhouse brewery in Winthrop is worth a stop. If you're looking for the best beverage selection east of the crest, the restaurant at the rolling huts just outside Mazama will impress you.

Snow in the PNW 17-18: Dropping!

Rolling Huts has pizza (it’s called Woodstone pizza), now that’s not really that great. Six Knot cider in town is the new-ish place it’s pretty good. I’ll be riding my bike there this weekend PM me if you want.

Mazama store too.

One of my favorite places in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Plug, did Kelly's shut down? I recall his beer selection being top notch, but all bottled, and the times I've been there it's been a big buffet-style dinner

Thanks for the beta guys, I appreciate it.

The Polish guy still owns the place, (that’s prolly why they have the good beer selection), it’s just Kelly left. Now they make pizza. It’s not bad for the valley, but Tappi In Twisp and East 20 both make better pizza.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Mazama store too.

One of my favorite places in the world.
    It can be a little pretentious though, last time I was there I counted 8 fully built out sprinter vans, 5 of them being the 4wd variants. #vanlife

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    It can be a little pretentious though, last time I was there I counted 8 fully built out sprinter vans, 5 of them being the 4wd variants. #vanlife
    No shit. That’s not the LeDuc’s fault, they’re non-pretentious, and the baked goods & the baguette are still the best in the valley. Also we are in slack season, so it’s gonna be a lot less busy. Anyway, things change, that’s just the way it is. Make sure to get a nice Goat hoodie and trucker cap to wear back in the city to show everybody how core you are, or maybe just an MZA sticker to put on your Sprinter or Outback.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    No shit. That’s not the LeDuc’s fault, they’re non-pretentious, and the baked goods & the baguette are still the best in the valley.
    This for sure, awesome place and people!

Any suggestions on places (motels, inns, resorts) to stay in the area? Will post pics of snow if it happens while we are out (fingers crossed).

Anything from Sun Mountain Lodge, River Run Inn near town, (has a pool), Rio Vista next to Rockinghorse bakery, the only bakery in Winthrop. A newish place is called Methow River Lodge and they’re just on the other side of the walking bridge into town so kind of a nice location. In Mazama, the Country Inn is nice. The previously suggested rolling huts is cool, but they don’t have toilets in the rooms, so I find it stupid. Or just Google something up. It’s nice to be in or near Winthrop because that’s where the food is & a place to get a beer etc.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Any suggestions on places (motels, inns, resorts) to stay in the area? Will post pics of snow if it happens while we are out (fingers crossed).
    https://rollinghuts.com/ - pretty cool but basic.

http://www.mazamacountryinn.com/directions.html - more fancier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Anything from Sun Mountain Lodge, River Run Inn near town, (has a pool), Rio Vista next to Rockinghorse bakery, the only bakery in Winthrop. A newish place is called Methow River Lodge and they’re just on the other side of the walking bridge into town so kind of a nice location. In Mazama, the Country Inn is nice. The previously suggested rolling huts is cool, but they don’t have toilets in the rooms, so I find it stupid. Or just Google something up. It’s nice to be in or near Winthrop because that’s where the food is & a place to get a beer etc.
    Good info, thanks. I saw all those spots on google, but its nice to get input from those much more informed than me. Last time i just totally winged it i ended up staying in the pemberton lodge which lost my reservation, and had shitty rooms and was located directly above the band stage in the downstairs bar, and the 2nd band went on at like 1am. fuck me on that one.

Last question, maybe? Is the methow river pretty easy access for just pulling over in a turnout and hiking down to a nice pool and throwing some casts in, or do you kind of have to know where youre going? Any general stretches of river especially good for this? Part of the fun for me is exploring, but time is kind of limited on this trip so any pointing in the right direction is appreciated.

The river is closed for the season and the Methow isn’t very good fishing anyway. The creeks are better, but they’re closed as well.
    Also if you want a cheap more typical, former Best Western style hotel the Abbycreek Inn works.

Name:	IMG_9316.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	827.4 KB 
ID:	249291

The river is closed for the season and the Methow isn’t very good fishing anyway. The creeks are better, but they’re closed as well.
    Also if you want a cheap more typical, former Best Western style hotel the Abbycreek Inn works.

Name:	IMG_9316.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	827.4 KB 
ID:	249291
    Well fuck me. Didn't even know that was a thing. Growing up and fishing in the Sierra and california cascades i dont ever remember legal fishing "seasons" in freshwater for anything other than salmon. Thanks for the education, again haha.

Well there you go, the Methow gets salmon.

If you had your heart set on fishing, because you’re with your Dad etc., you can go to the Sunmountain Lodge cabins and they rent boats on Patterson Lake. It’s s filled with all kinds of bluegills, crappie, trout, bass. It’s pretty fun actually. Anyway you should PM me and I can give you my number call me.