Page 47 of 77 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1915
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Exactly and it's bullshit and everyone knows it.

The only reason the enviro groups attack ski area dev is because the ski area devs don't have as much money as the mining and logging industries who also pay off the enviro groups. Fucking racket.

I support wilderness areas and use specific stuff, but ski areas are great for peoples mental and physical health.
    Geeze, how about a few 4 season gondola/trams to interesting places? No runs, no "ski resort", 100% backcountry. Maybe one or two avalanche mitigated "safety routes" to the bottom of the tram, close it to skiing/exiting the mountain top observatory on high danger days. Climate change worry warts can hike up there in the summer, and in the winter when there is the occasional snowfall use youngsters can get a few turns in, patch skiing style.

Then again, skiing is sinning and extraction industries are gods work.
    Skiers use the devils lettuce, therefore, not good people.

Can gun jerk memes go up there to argue with the climate change memes? Or can we find something more divisive?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    dweebus delivered today if you got there early and didn't mind some lift lines.....
    Great day of skiing with you buddy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

hey dudes - heading up from Portland next mon/tues to try and hit crystal and alpental. anyone gonna be around?

also, any advice on lodging would be appreciated as options look rather thin.

thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy109 View Post
    hey dudes - heading up from Portland next mon/tues to try and hit crystal and alpental. anyone gonna be around?

thanks in advance.
    Probably shouldnt try to hit Alpental on Monday.

A stand up mag and friend clears his driveway. 😁

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180218_165849363.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	225029

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    A stand up mag and friend clears his driveway. 😁

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180218_165849363.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	225029
    New blower or just get the old one running again?

x-post from ch2 thread

Old blow hard
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

thanks in advance.
    I'll be skiing Crystal Sun/Mon/Tues AM... flying in for a few days from the 70 degree East Coast to try to find some snow. No idea where I'm going though, so I realize this isn't super helpful, but if you want to take some laps I'll be there. I'm staying at the Crystal Hotel, cause I'm lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    New blower or just get the old one running again?
    Right before I embarked on the repair, I hit CL one more time.
    Found this one listed by a neighbor (for pretty cheap) who apparently has a much lower threshold for performance than I do. Compared to what is left of mine, it's brand spanking new.

The mythical chains on 4wd - believe!!!

https://twitter.com/mountrainiernps/...73266054029312

WSDOT required chains on all vehicles including AWD/4WD for a couple hours last Friday. It was a skating rink

Quote Originally Posted by crank54 View Post
    I'll be skiing Crystal Sun/Mon/Tues AM... flying in for a few days from the 70 degree East Coast to try to find some snow. No idea where I'm going though, so I realize this isn't super helpful, but if you want to take some laps I'll be there. I'm staying at the Crystal Hotel, cause I'm lazy.
    sounds good. locking down a room and should be there tuesday. i'll get in touch.
    fine

Heads-up for all you Xtal midweek substance abusers:
    http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/news/2018/02...ystal-mountain

Quote Originally Posted by crank54 View Post
    Good timing. http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...0#.Wo4AryOIY0M

An inch plus with single digit temps and wild wind direction changes left the hike to terrain at Mission with deep silky windbuff today, almost completely reset. Bowl 4 was great top to bottom. Some very sensitive wind slabs on NW convex features. Just popped while traversing, with propagating cracks and moving pretty fast on fairly low angle slopes, +/- 30 degrees. Maybe a concern with more loading.

Did hear confirmation of the rumor about a chair pushing into Bowl 4 terrain from the GM. If everything goes well with the FS it should be a go for 2019/2020. That'll make the lazy fuckers happy.

Oh jeez, I just realized who MU is...

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

Did hear confirmation of the rumor about a chair pushing into Bowl 4 terrain from the GM. If everything goes well with the FS it should be a go for 2019/2020. That'll make the lazy fuckers happy.
    Interesting. Better go ski it before it's ruint, I guess 😁

An inch plus with single digit temps and wild wind direction changes left the hike to terrain at Mission with deep silky windbuff today, almost completely reset. Bowl 4 was great top to bottom. Some very sensitive wind slabs on NW convex features. Just popped while traversing, with propagating cracks and moving pretty fast on fairly low angle slopes, +/- 30 degrees. Maybe a concern with more loading.

I think there are a lot of terrain features in that area will be really fun to lap. So even if it's not the magic untracked bowl 4 experience, it will still be fun (and probably the best skiing on the mountain). Also, being able to stay in the upper elevation band of the mountain will be nice when the storms come in wet. Does this mean that chair 4 will run daily as well? Hoping this means that they will do some large scale thinning so you can ski anywhere from the top of bowl 4 down to the bullwheel. It can get pretty brushy in there right now.

They're not planning on a bunch of groomers and stuff up there, right?

Interesting. Better go ski it before it's ruint, I guess
    I don't think having a chair in that area will ruin it. if anything I think some areas of it might hold snow better due to more skier compaction. Plus you will still need to hike/shuffle to ski the microwave area. It's going to significantly improve the quality of lift served advanced skiing at Mission. Still won't rival any of the crest hills, but a good top to bottom lap on that chair down to the bottom of chair 4 on powder day is going to be a pretty good run.

I bet there will be a groomed run from the top down to the chair 4 cat track. They've been grooming some steep stuff the past few day with the winch cat. They groomed Alah on Monday night. It's kinda weird to prioritize a chair there, it's really not skiable most years until after the Christmas holidays. There would be better places to put a chair to really open up more terrain.

I think it will ruin that terrain after the first few chairs on a new snow day. It will be filled with traverse tracks from top to bottom. No one cares about powder preservation and skiing the fall line anymore. Just have to get those two or three turns of untracked to twatter about.

My comment was tongue-in-cheek... I've heard a lot of Jaded Local complaints over lifts getting put into sidestashes.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Probably shouldnt try to hit Alpental on Monday.
    is snoqualmie summit worth staying in the area for, or should I just come back Tuesday?
    fine

is snoqualmie summit worth staying in the area for. . .
    Elizabeth Swaney would love it

I bet there will be a groomed run from the top down to the chair 4 cat track. They've been grooming some steep stuff the past few day with the winch cat. They groomed Alah on Monday night. It's kinda weird to prioritize a chair there, it's really not skiable most years until after the Christmas holidays.
    A groomed run off there would be really lame.

There would be better places to put a chair to really open up more terrain.
    Where? I think replacing 3 with a high speed quad and extending the lift to bathtub area would make way more sense than this new chair. Would open up a lot of "new" terrain, and give access to the chair 2 area on windy days.

I think what this move is really about is have an access chair to expand runs in to Stemilt basin for easy access to the new base area/condos.

I think it will ruin that terrain after the first few chairs on a new snow day. It will be filled with traverse tracks from top to bottom. No one cares about powder preservation and skiing the fall line anymore. Just have to get those two or three turns of untracked to twatter about.
    I think bowl 4 proper will probably be ruined. But the terrain between sugar bowl and bowl 4 will be good still.

My comment was tongue-in-cheek... I've heard a lot of Jaded Local complaints over lifts getting put into sidestashes.
    The MU puts the jaded in jaded local.