Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1915
    I hope my Gore-tex is up to the task.

Low key A++ day up north. Good to start off, no one there, ended the day with some quality steeps in quality late March pow.

Words gonna be out for tomorrow, and it's will rain buckets.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    Low key A++ day up north. Good to start off, no one there, ended the day with some quality steeps in quality late March pow.

Words gonna be out for tomorrow, and it's will rain buckets.
    Dude, great work being there. I hope you understand that a good number of us coulda-been-there-too-except-we-chose-a-fucking-office-job dumbasses are jealous at times yet find vicarious joy in hearing of our fellow skitribesmen enjoying the greatest bounty of our days on earth during their short windows. What a fucking cool experience it is to nail a quiet March powder day where everything is filled in fat and the snow is permissive and the legs are strong.

Are you taking pictures? Or just soaking it up? Genuine question...

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Dude, great work being there. I hope you understand that a good number of us coulda-been-there-too-except-we-chose-a-fucking-office-job dumbasses are jealous at times yet find vicarious joy in hearing of our fellow skitribesmen enjoying the greatest bounty of our days on earth during their short windows. What a fucking cool experience it is to nail a quiet March powder day where everything is filled in fat and the snow is permissive and the legs are strong.

Are you taking pictures? Or just soaking it up? Genuine question...
    I've been lazy with the trigger finger. Hard to pack yet another thing into the overstuffed inbounds bag. I'll be let out of the valley in a week or so, definitely planning on a jaunt to the steepest little valley.

I've got some gems though.. just waiting for the drier times to let them go.

I'll be let out of the valley in a week or so, definitely planning on a jaunt to the steepest little valley.
    I'll work on getting you a cylindrical vessel to haul out to the far reaches of the High T.

IMO, too many folks have been enjoying 261 lately and not enough have been willing to go fall-line into things which are still scary

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    I'll work on getting you a cylindrical vessel to haul out to the far reaches of the High T.

IMO, too many folks have been enjoying 261 lately and not enough have been willing to go fall-line into things which are still scary
    I have two. And a co2 tank

Anyone going to Stevens tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    Anyone going to Stevens tomorrow?
    Unless it snows overnight I'd be a bit hesitant, it got really warm today and started to set up.

Had a killer morning ripping around Stevens with the Lithic dudes, CascadeLuke, jackattack and mrs. ja. Dense heavy snow but untracked areas were quite fun. All the usual spots were skiing smooth and fast. Final lap we got a top to bottom of Wildcatz with zero tracks. One of the best runs I've ever had on it.

I'm heading up tomorrow if they pick up some over night. Be there around 11.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Final lap we got a top to bottom of Wildcatz with zero tracks. One of the best runs I've ever had on it.
    It was skiing great on Saturday. I did 5 nearly nonstop laps to get as many runs as possible before the lift stopped.
    The trees were a little scratchy under the new snow

definitely planning on a jaunt to the steepest little valley.
    Please give me a heads up when that is happening.

Arrow's papa reported good turns @ the Hi2 today. I made progress on the employment front and passed a pair of phone screens. Solid day all around!

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Mountain
    We and those of you who joined us at Crystal, saw a solid snow year with good conditions the majority of the time. There were some less than great weather stretches, and as usual some really great days–I count a couple of days this season as among the best ski days ever. At the end of the day, that’s the definition of a normal ski season. And it’s not over. This past week offered sun and dry snow, an amazing rare combo that gave us eye problems…..we couldn’t see ourselves being in the office.

I hope that you also got a chance to experience our extensive new snowmaking system. It truly is a game changer in this region. It allows Crystal to ensure consistent early season conditions as well as make sure we keep operating in those difficult seasons that naturally occur every so often. If you don’t think this is an important consideration, just wait a few seasons.

When it comes to deciding where to buy a season pass, please consider our snow and snowmaking, our lift operations with the most modern lift system in the region, the fact that our lifts have opened EARLY, not just on time, every single day for 273 consecutive days. That’s every day last season and every day so far this season. Consider our parking guarantee and the fact that Crystal Mountain does not have the ability to park a larger crowd than its lifts and other services can handle. Our high speed six person chairlifts are difference makers.

Operating a ski mountain in this day and age always involves increasing costs. If a ski resort is ignoring that, it’s not sustainable. To that end, we have increased pass prices a modest amount. The pressure goes on us to deliver.

This summer we will again extend the snowmaking up the lower faces of Deer Fly and Lower Ferk’s (aka Lower Bull Run). This is a continuation of our snowmaking push that will result in good, consistent, top to bottom groomers that show off the full free falling vertical drop that Crystal has to offer. Continuous upgrades are in the future as they have been in the past 21 seasons that we have had the privilege of hosting skiers and snowboarders. A second gondola from the base to Campbell Basin, expanded night skiing on Forest Queen and other additions are now on the horizon.

As the Owner and General Manager of this amazing ski resort, on behalf of our over 500 staff and managers, I want to thank you all for your support this season.

It has been our pleasure to play host to your ski time in this huge winter playground and we hope you join us again next winter. But the season isn’t over yet, we’re open daily until April 22nd so we hope to see you up here before we switch over to summer.

Sincerely,
    John Kircher
    Owner & General Manager
    A SECOND GONDOLA, but no mention of the Bullion Basin and/or Kelly's Gap chairs?! Southern Resort mags got fleeced...

^^^
    Sweet, hot box King laps!

A SECOND GONDOLA, but no mention of the Bullion Basin and/or Kelly's Gap chairs?! Southern Resort mags got fleeced...
    Paying for that new gondola by clipping tickets in the gondola line at 9:30 am if you use a key ring (already there for my pass so I just use it for convenience) and replacing them with a ticket fastened directly to your zipper by the "friendly" attendant. You are also reminded that these are "non-transferable" and allowed back in line.

Is parking lot reselling really that big of an industry down there?

East Peak Chair...East Peak Chair...East Peak Chair.

C'mon, don't waste resources on putting more lifts onto slopes already crowded.

Please consider East Peak or at least a chair out of B lot up to Right Angle.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Buster, you know they don't read this....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Buster, you know they don't read this....
    I imagine they say they don't and may disavow all knowledge of their actions...but hey.
    Gondy to the Soup Lodge? Really? Imagine what Queens Run will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Gondy to the Soup Lodge? Really?
    That's the reasoning I've heard. Apparently the place is a bear to keep supplied at the moment... and they want to use the lodge in summer... Agree about East Peak Chair being what should be the priority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    That's the reasoning I've heard. Apparently the place is a bear to keep supplied at the moment... and they want to use the lodge in summer... Agree about East Peak Chair being what should be the priority.
    Put in a chair up K2 face like the old lift 5 so they could run supplies up Chinook, then up that?
    Seems like a new gondy would be an awfully expensive fix to a supply problem engendered by the placement of FQ base.

A lift out of B lot would also make a lot of people happy and they could cut down on running that stupid shuttle.

No mention of a Crustal spring/summer season. P00p.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    No mention of a Crustal spring/summer season. P00p.
    Yep. I too miss his previous enthusiasm for those.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    word!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180328_160021_109.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	135.9 KB 
ID:	230180

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180328_160031_019.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	230181

The goods have been good

Snow in the PNW 17-18: Dropping!

Why is the solution to everything do add a gondola? At least they got blocked from putting a chair on top of the king.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Skier206 View Post
    At least they got blocked from putting a chair on top of the king.
    I don't believe they asked to?