Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1915
    Nice deep settled pow in the Mission Ridge backcountry the last three days. Skied terrain appropriate for the conditions. Didn't see a soul until today when I showed some friends around.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0042.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	227001

Name:	IMG_0047.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	227002
    Last edited by MagnificentUnicorn; 03-06-2018 at 09:54 AM.

Name:	IMG_6159.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	412.1 KB 
ID:	226963
    The Golf Course was surprisingly empty and untracked.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    evo has a decent two-pair roller for pretty cheap. you cold probably get 3 pairs in it without alpine clamps.
    Perfect, thanks. Going to try that one out. I didn't realize they were making their own. From talking to the guys, sounds like it's made in the Dakine factory. Plus it's cheaper, it's actually available, and free shipping to my door.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Have you considered the ski amigo?
    http://www.ski-amigo.com
    Interesting product but the main conundrum here is finding one big enough to fit all three pairs, thus avoiding $200 in extra baggage fees.

Thing #1 works there and picked one up for me for Japan since thing #2 absconded with my usual one. Only gripe was the length. Little snug for my 196's. Took the old one back from #2 and gave him the evo bag. Looks pretty much exactly like the Dakine.

Amigo is a nice upgrade from the Houston Handbag.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Perfect, thanks. Going to try that one out. I didn't realize they were making their own. From talking to the guys, sounds like it's made in the Dakine factory. Plus it's cheaper, it's actually available, and free shipping to my door.

Interesting product but the main conundrum here is finding one big enough to fit all three pairs, thus avoiding $200 in extra baggage fees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

sneaking away to hit hi2 with suprechicken tomorrow. look for purple clothes and ON3P’s if any of you fools are out and about.

Mission Ridge was pretty fun today. Couple inches over some pretty skiable snow from awhile back. Untracked powder for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Helluva nice weekend in the mountains. We had to adjust plans today after not being able to see shit in the alpine this morning and ended up finding some nice fluff in spots that weren't tree bombed. The forecast on Friday looked about the same for both days, and then we got pure sun yesterday and nukage today (at Snoq, anyways). Can't complain.

Does anyone have a large roller ski bag I could borrow for a couple weeks? Something I could fit 3 pairs of touring skis in, like a Dakine Boundary, Concourse, or similar. I'm having trouble finding one in stores, and it would make more sense to rent anyways since I have a smaller one that works fine for 1-2 pairs. 40 bucks?
    I've got a 200cm Burton board bag somewhere around here I think. Let me know if you want me to take a look for it

Anyone get up to Crystal today? How tracked out are things? Should I bring the protests or Bibby’s tomorrow?

baker was pretty fun today. foot of fresh gradually turning to baker standard hot pow by noon

Incredible bluebird day at Baker. The mood was only dampened by one VERY grumpy patroller.

10:30 AM..With the wife and we just hopped on Chair 1 at midstation. Someone hopped on with us last second, great.

I pull out a fresh Bodizhafa from the backpack and crack it open. We saved it for C1 since the views were so good.

"a little early for a drink"

"Well it's noon somewhere"

I then realized it's an older patroller. Who then tells me not to throw the can in the snow, I say of course I won't do that.

"Well most people do."

"Well I'm not most people."

I say "sure is a nice day".

Silence.

I then try to engage in a conversation about the huge crown on hemispheres and he completely ignores me and starts listening to the radio.

"Was that skier triggered?"

"Silence"

Wtf?

Anyway, great day at Baker...but that was not expected.

Discounting powder days, it was the best day of the year at Mission. Incredible snow, not too hot and brilliant sunshine. Good times.

Great day at the Loup as well. A fun day to cruise groomers.

Packed the long lens for some viewing from chair 8.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    Incredible bluebird day at Baker. The mood was only dampened by one VERY grumpy patroller.

10:30 AM..With the wife and we just hopped on Chair 1 at midstation. Someone hopped on with us last second, great.

I pull out a fresh Bodizhafa from the backpack and crack it open. We saved it for C1 since the views were so good.

"a little early for a drink"

"Well it's noon somewhere"

I then realized it's an older patroller. Who then tells me not to throw the can in the snow, I say of course I won't do that.

"Well most people do."

"Well I'm not most people."

I say "sure is a nice day".

Silence.

I then try to engage in a conversation about the huge crown on hemispheres and he completely ignores me and starts listening to the radio.

"Was that skier triggered?"

"Silence"

Wtf?

Anyway, great day at Baker...but that was not expected.
    Baker patrol is not there to help you converse while you drink a beer at 10am(which you should have more situational awareness than to crack one open with patrol on the chair). If something is going on on the radio, it is more important than you. It is not Crystal. You will not get a 'courtesy ride' off the hill if you can't make it down the runs. Must suck to suck. Was the guy in red or black/orange. Either way, he's probably just bummed he can't be enjoying a cold one.

And Bobby, sorry I'm not up there this weekend. At the point this season where 50 and sunny in town means sandals and mountain biking.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    And Bobby, sorry I'm not up there this weekend. At the point this season where 50 and sunny in town means sandals and mountain biking.
    the dirt is fucking primo right now, as is the sun. I skipped out on snow this weekend too. The Bham area loam trails are running crazy well right now... as long as they are below the snowline haha. Add in my brand new bike finally arriving and hot damn it sure feels like the turn back towards summer.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    Baker patrol is not there to help you converse while you drink a beer at 10am(which you should have more situational awareness than to crack one open with patrol on the chair). If something is going on on the radio, it is more important than you. It is not Crystal. You will not get a 'courtesy ride' off the hill if you can't make it down the runs. Must suck to suck. Was the guy in red or black/orange. Either way, he's probably just bummed he can't be enjoying a cold one.
    Right on, we didn't realize it was a patroller until after the scolding and hearing the radio chatter. Red jacket with no patches or markings so didn't even think about it. But definitely patrol chatter on the radio.

Honestly I didn't really want a conversation but got a long one for half a chair ride and just attempted to turn it somewhat pleasant. Probably just having a bad day and had no idea we just like to split a lift beer and weren't hammering all day. We like to consider ourselves somewhat responsible with such things and got the worst scolding I've probably had in 15 years.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Few great days at Baker. 1st run of the day.

Name:  IMG_20180311_175741_728.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  34.9 KB

Name:	IMG_0700.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	267.6 KB 
ID:	227780. Todd at Mission today.

A few more photos from Saturday.

It was interesting watching the crowd's terrain selection go from mild and conservative in the morning to descents of full on steeps ending in gullies by midday.

A snowboarder laid this line down pretty late in the afternoon, after this had been baking in the sun for a while

Erased

Just wanted to let any Tay expats know that it's safe to go back there.

After 6 years I was flying too close to the Sun and the result was a total ban and deletion of every post I ever made or thread I ever started.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeski63 View Post

After 6 years I was flying too close to the Sun and the result was a total ban and deletion of every post I ever made or thread I ever started.
    Been there. Got the T-Shirt.

What you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Freeski63 View Post

It's about damn time, though too little and too late to save that dying site. We were hoping you wouldn't find this place too. Fuck off with your endless ranting.

Based on the looks from Mike D's Instagram, it looks like our local hero Zeedashbo has been having a great time in Georgia on the Dream Trip. Can't wait to get the mag TR version.